Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

tobaschi

Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion  

437 members have voted

1. 1. Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

• 599$ did not faze you, and YOU PRE-ORDER IT!
    • 599$ puts me into bankrupcy - I will not spend that kind of money - WILL NOT BUY
    • on the fence, will BUY LATER (at retail launch)

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you have your CV1 to know that simshaker will work with buttkicker and CV1?

Not yet but I know Simshaker can output to a different sound card than your game audio.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

You dont have to use Rift's Audio... You can use your own.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I ordered in a pair of transducers and an amp for SimShaker. My PC has a second soundcard which will be for the transducers. I use headphones and don't want to use the Oculus muffs...those will go right away.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

intermittent frame rate degradation is often not experienced when using a monitor. However, in VR frame rate performance is paramount. While these latest updates using v1.3 runtimes and harnessing ATW are quite good, there's really no reason at all why my 5930/980ti should get bogged down on a solo flight with all low settings. There are times when flying over cities the frame rates drop to 40 or less. ATW helps, but it's still noticeable...

Ditto. I didn't have any problem with the monitor. In VR it's all over the place, and often for no apparent reason at all. I can have 800 objects in view and 45 FPS, or 2000+ objects and a solid 90FPS. Low or high settings don't make a difference. No matter what settings I use, GPU is always around 60%, and per-core CPU usage is also never higher than 60%. Something is screwed up.

Fortunately ATW makes it mostly playable, but the bluring and ghosting that happens when the frame plummets is just :puke:

i5-4670K@4.5GHz / 16 GB RAM / SSD / GTX1080

Rift CV1 / G-seat / modded FFB HOTAS

are you using CV1 and simshaker with buttkicker?

everyone keeps telling me simshaker works.. but no one is commenting on the actual CV1 usage with simshaker.

Right Click Speaker Icon in SysTray, Playback devices, choose your own sound card/headphones, click Set default.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

I merely mentioned 2.0 hasnt been updated, so Users would have to use the older .8 Rift Runtimes which do NOT have ATW, etc.

Yet I have better experience flying over Vegas in DK2 on 2.0 with 0.8 runtimes than with 1.5.3 over Caucasus with 1.3 runtime. It's not a matter of framerate, but of stuttering when rotating the view frustum. It is a DCS issue, not a runtime issue.

Right Click Speaker Icon in SysTray, Playback devices, choose your own sound card/headphones, click Set default.

hey!

thanks for reply.

i left out my intentions.

if and when ever i do get the rift.

i want to use the CV1 built in headphones, along with the my buttkicker setup.

as the TESTED.com review mentions that there no way to use both, its either speakers or the rift built in headphones..

SO

maybe my question should have been,

HAS ANYONE USED THE RIFT CV1 BUILT IN HEADPHONES ALONG WITH BUTTKICKER or any transducer setup

again, thanks Skatezilla for your reply, sorry if my question wasnt clear.

please, i like to hear answer from someone who actually has a CV1.

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

I ordered in a pair of transducers and an amp for SimShaker. My PC has a second soundcard which will be for the transducers. I use headphones and don't want to use the Oculus muffs...those will go right away.

what kind of Amp are you going for?

im using Crown.. just wondering what your choice would be.. :)

In that case, no, You can only use one or the other as of right now, not sure, but SteamVR allows both, but not sure if that's Vive Only, or Device based when Using SteamVR.

Oculus Home, Settings Icon, Devices, Rift, and Choose between Rift Headphones, and Windows Default.

SteamVR is Performin poorly for me but that was expected,

Until my HDMI Adapter Comes, I have the unit hooked to my Server Box,

Im Talking 2 Core PhenomII at 2.4Ghz, Single 7950 Underclocked, etc.

DCS Gets 20-40 FPS w/ Everything on LOW, looks great, until the ghosting kicks in from the low FPS; Gets 10-25 FPS w/ Everything on HIGH, but the FPS is so low, text is significantly more readable.

Also, You have to Load Oculus Home First, and get to you're VR Home, before launching DCS.

all i have is gearVR.

im tempted to use that VRidge app to stream the PC desktop on to the galaxy S6 with GearVR, just to see how the DCS VR experience is!!!

but i will be patient.. VERY PATIENT..

where ONLY TWO THINGS MATTER TO ME AT THE MOMENT...

a) my rift CV1 shipping date

b) nvidia announcement of the sale of the Pascal Titan GPU product (NOT GTX1080)

The Consumer HBM2 Equiped nVidia Cards are still 9 months away.

Pro Cards/Studio Rendering Cards will get them this summer.

:( looks like im getting my rift late may/early june...

but its ok, i dont even have a PC ready for it, PASCAL Titan is soooooo far away.. i beg for grace of heavens that it will be sold in the summer

They are supposed to be announcing the Pascal at GTC, but no launch until later. How much later I don't know, but it will probably be just outside my 3 month EVGA upgrade option. :( That said I some good news today, in that the Rift has now shipped, and supposed to be here in Canada in two days.:)

Did a clean install and DCS still launches to the monitor.

Oculus software is set to allow outside sources. I have no idea what to do next...

Any ideas?

I am on Steam and I erased all local files and then re-downloaded everything - 12.2GB.

I am on Oculus 1.3.1 with a DK2.

Thanks,

Mars

Hi Guys,

I have tried it all:

- Newest drivers for graphics card (970)

- Newest Oculus software (1.3.1)

- I have "auto detect Rift" checked in the sim - I also have aero interfact turned off

- Steam 1.5 version of DCS - I have tried both "openbeta" and standard versions

pCars and P3D both work flawlessly but when I launch DCS from Steam it launches to the monitor every time.

One thought - I had the open beta version of DCS installed and when I change to the non-open beta version steam does not download anything - is it possible that, even though Steam says it has dropped the openbeta, that it is still running the openbeta exe?

Any Ideas? I can't wait to see ATW at work in DCS - it works so well in p3d!

Thanks,

Mars

They are supposed to be announcing the Pascal at GTC, but no launch until later. How much later I don't know, but it will probably be just outside my 3 month EVGA upgrade option. :( That said I some good news today, in that the Rift has now shipped, and supposed to be here in Canada in two days.:)

2017 Later... HBM2 Chips are still in very short supply, which is why AMD's Next card will go GDDR5X.

Did a clean install and DCS still launches to the monitor.

Oculus software is set to allow outside sources. I have no idea what to do next...

Any ideas?

I am on Steam and I erased all local files and then re-downloaded everything - 12.2GB.

I am on Oculus 1.3.1 with a DK2.

Thanks,

Mars

Launch Oculus Home First,

Put on the Headset, wait for it to load the VR Environment for Home, Then Take It off / lift it up.

Goto /SteamApps/Common/DCS/ and Launch DCS.exe, Launch DCS Directly from the EXE to side step any steam app launch blocks.

May or may not get a prompt in the VR Headset depending on System Performance, Press OK/A/Look at the Continue box, Loads DCS.

I did this but the only exe I have in the DCS folder inside Steam is run.exe...

When I launch this as you instructed it still starts to the monitor.

Thanks for your help - any further ideas?

Mars

Edit - this time I did not get the window that asks ifI want to run in VR or not...

Edit 2 - I opened Steam VR and tried to run the game in VR from there and it gives me an error stating that there is no keyboard or mouse attached so it will not run the game...Is it possible that my wireless microsoft keyboard is not recognized inside vr - thus forcing DCS to run in monitor mode?

Edit 3 - I plugged a wired mouse in and launched from Steam VR - DCS launched to the desktop yet again...

Out of ideas!

Launch Oculus Home First,

Put on the Headset, wait for it to load the VR Environment for Home, Then Take It off / lift it up.

Goto /SteamApps/Common/DCS/ and Launch DCS.exe, Launch DCS Directly from the EXE to side step any steam app launch blocks.

May or may not get a prompt in the VR Headset depending on System Performance, Press OK/A/Look at the Continue box, Loads DCS.

Edited by mars

Rift order updated - will arrive late July some 6 months after ordering. Good thing I suppose is that hopefully some of the performance issues are ironed out in that time :)

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

I did this but the only exe I have in the DCS folder inside Steam is run.exe...

When I launch this as you instructed it still starts to the monitor.

Thanks for your help - any further ideas?

Mars

Edit - this time I did not get the window that asks ifI want to run in VR or not...

Edit 2 - I opened Steam VR and tried to run the game in VR from there and it gives me an error stating that there is no keyboard or mouse attached so it will not run the game...Is it possible that my wireless microsoft keyboard is not recognized inside vr - thus forcing DCS to run in monitor mode?

Edit 3 - I plugged a wired mouse in and launched from Steam VR - DCS launched to the desktop yet again...

Out of ideas!

Open Oculus Home, Goto Settings, Turn off External Applications, then turn it back on.

Also Make Sure Detect Oculus Rift is Enabled in the DCS Settings.