Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

tobaschi

Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion  

437 members have voted

1. 1. Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

• 599$ did not faze you, and YOU PRE-ORDER IT!
    • 599$ puts me into bankrupcy - I will not spend that kind of money - WILL NOT BUY
    • on the fence, will BUY LATER (at retail launch)

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oculus 1.3 and text menus in game...

I want to start with a big applause for your work on the Oculus 1.3. It works so damm good. I can run al on max, no jitter, no lag...

But because of the way the Oculus linses work, there is a problem with ingame text. Because the text is "fixed" and turn with your head, you cant get the linse focus, to focus on the text. It hovers outside the focus arear. I suggest you move the ingame text to the middel of the screen, for Oculus users..

Edited by Fab

Intel Core i7-6700K Cpu 4.00 GHz OC 4.8 GHz Water Cooled|32 GB DDR4 ram OC| Nvidia RTX 2080Ti| TrustMaster Warthog|Saitek Battle Pro Pedals | Logitec G13| Oculus Rift S :joystick:

I´m in for a ride, a VR ride:pilotfly:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBX_-Hml7_7s1dggit_vGpA?view_as=public

I guess the advantage of an August delivery date is that 2.5 should be out and most of the bugs worked out by then......

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Have people noticed a performance drop in the last few days? I'm running 1.3 on a DK2 and it's become unplayable, most likely due to a valve update to steamVR I think.

I've posted about it in detail here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2742913&postcount=916

Oculus CV1, i7 4790k @ stock, gtx 1080ti @ stock, 32gb PC3-19200 @ 2.4ghz, warthog & saitek pedals, razer tartarus chroma.

See:

AWESOME. Thanks for the headsup.

After sitting in a plane witht he CV1 i KNOW every flightsim enthusiast that only experienced this ONCE will never go back.

I just feel a little sorry for the guys that payed so much moiney and effort for recreating 1:1 simpits.

I regularily catch myself watching out not to bumb my head on the canopy when moving forward to my keyboard in the FW. I always then think to myself "LOL - there is nothing i could bump my head at":P

Gosh. This is awesome. I feel like a little kid that just got the most awesome toy ever in his life.

Well, actually it is the most cool toy i ever got. And my wive tends to say "Men dont get marture - only their toys get more expensive":P And she is soooo right:)

Have people noticed a performance drop in the last few days? I'm running 1.3 on a DK2 and it's become unplayable, most likely due to a valve update to steamVR I think.

How are you getting chaperone lines if using the oculus runtime. Are you sure your not using the steamVR wrapper? That sounds strange but I've no way to test it at the moment.

Close steam and launch oculus home - enable unknown applications in home settings. Then navigate to Programfiles(x86)->steam-> steamapps->common -> DCSworld folder find run.exe and launch it. Alternatively if you have the standalone game just run it. See if there is any improvement. Press ALT and PAUSE/BREAK to show your fps. Forget fraps for VR.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Ah yes, it would make sense to use Oculus Home to launch it. Interestingly enough I had used the runtime on its own before, with steam closed and it still started what appeared to be the grey room and light blue chaperone lines.

I'll let you know the difference after I uninstall the old Oculus config and driver, and update to this new one.

edit: 844mb?!?!?!? Is this iTunes?!

edit2: after updating to oculus home and updating my nvidia drivers performance is back to what it was, maybe even better. It looks as though steamVR and chaperone may have its issues. My friend with the Vive (and myself when it arrives) may well have a waiting game to play.

Edited by Shabi

Oculus CV1, i7 4790k @ stock, gtx 1080ti @ stock, 32gb PC3-19200 @ 2.4ghz, warthog & saitek pedals, razer tartarus chroma.

Ah yes, it would make sense to use Oculus Home to launch it. Interestingly enough I had used the runtime on its own before, with steam closed and it still started what appeared to be the grey room and light blue chaperone lines.

I'll let you know the difference after I uninstall the old Oculus config and driver, and update to this new one.

edit: 844mb?!?!?!? Is this iTunes?!

edit2: after updating to oculus home and updating my nvidia drivers performance is back to what it was, maybe even better. It looks as though steamVR and chaperone may have its issues. My friend with the Vive (and myself when it arrives) may well have a waiting game to play.

My big fear with Vive for dcs is the lack of asynchronous timewarp. It's something I've mentioned many times. I know they have their own solution for frame drops so hopefully performance will improve in steamVR by the time your Vive arrives.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

AWESOME. Thanks for the headsup.

After sitting in a plane witht he CV1 i KNOW every flightsim enthusiast that only experienced this ONCE will never go back.

I just feel a little sorry for the guys that payed so much moiney and effort for recreating 1:1 simpits.

I regularily catch myself watching out not to bumb my head on the canopy when moving forward to my keyboard in the FW. I always then think to myself "LOL - there is nothing i could bump my head at":P

Gosh. This is awesome. I feel like a little kid that just got the most awesome toy ever in his life.

Well, actually it is the most cool toy i ever got. And my wive tends to say "Men dont get marture - only their toys get more expensive":P And she is soooo right:)

Haha, keep the reviews coming. Love reading how exciting people are saying this is.

Assume cv1? If so that is unfortunate, it sounds like their is a focus tunnel vision now....

well your real visioin is also focused in a narrow space... And the focus is not so bad that you cant glanse at the gauges, its only in the corners its a problem, and thats where the ingame text is...

Intel Core i7-6700K Cpu 4.00 GHz OC 4.8 GHz Water Cooled|32 GB DDR4 ram OC| Nvidia RTX 2080Ti| TrustMaster Warthog|Saitek Battle Pro Pedals | Logitec G13| Oculus Rift S :joystick:

The asynchronous timewarp in Oculus, have made it possibly form me to run all at max, exept wiew distance, its on high...

UI Etc are on the List Wags Posted.

Although we added Oculus 1.3 SDK support today, there are a number of areas we still plan to improve:

1- 2D loading screens

2- Object clipping at edge of view

3- Re-center key mapping

4- Xbox controller going into sleep mode

5- Improved hangar scene

We are getting closer though to what we feel will be a good DCS World implementation in the Rift.

Thanks

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Sounds Like Steam VR and Oculus Home are both Using the GPU.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Yesterday I updated to 1.3 supported DCS.

I ran a mission and there was terrible judder DK2 running under SteamVR ( I still had 0.8 loaded)

Installed Oculus 1.3. Everything running way smoother significantly better than it has in the last 20 months.

I believe at the moment DCS is much better optimized for Oculus than Vive.

I have both on Pre-Order.

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

The asynchronous timewarp in Oculus, have made it possibly form me to run all at max, exept wiew distance, its on high...

What are you getting for FPS?

I can't maintain 90 as often as I'd like, even with low settings. Thanks to ATW, the game is still completely playable at 45, but it's nicer to avoid the bluring/double vision that it causes.

i5-4670K@4.5GHz / 16 GB RAM / SSD / GTX1080

Rift CV1 / G-seat / modded FFB HOTAS

Anyone else here check their shipping status online for the Rift CV1 and find out that they are going to be a month and a half late on shipping? I ordered the Rift on release day (Jan 6th) and it said April 7th as delivery and now it says 5/9 - 5/19. I'm pissed. I haven't heard that much backlash over this so I'm wondering if I am in a small subset of orders that are this far delayed. Let me know.

Anyone else here check their shipping status online for the Rift CV1 and find out that they are going to be a month and a half late on shipping? I ordered the Rift on release day (Jan 6th) and it said April 7th as delivery and now it says 5/9 - 5/19. I'm pissed. I haven't heard that much backlash over this so I'm wondering if I am in a small subset of orders that are this far delayed. Let me know.

Well mines two months delayed I was getting mine in May originally. To be honest it's the way the cookie crumbles Iv said to people before I can't miss something Iv never had so waiting a little longer is not going to effect me. It just means my summer is now on DCS and not in the sun

Well, I was just July before the 12th, now I have a set of dates, late in July

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Alot of early users are getting scratched lenses, considering how much the lenses are and how much your experience relies on them,, they need to fix the problem causing lenses to get sratched.

Alot of early users are getting scratched lenses, considering how much the lenses are and how much your experience relies on them,, they need to fix the problem causing lenses to get sratched.

Most likely down to wearing glasses in the headset and having them touch the lenses. I see a company now offering a custom insert for prescription lenses. That should solve the problem for people who can't wear contact lenses.