Want to IRIS and RAZBAM make different variant of the same plane?

P1KW

Want to IRIS and RAZBAM make different variant of the same plane?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Want to IRIS and RAZBAM make different variant of the same plane?

• F-15C
    • F-15F (single seat)
    • F-15S (export variant)
    • Yes. But same to me which version.
    • No. I prefer two products for a plane.
    • I do not mind. I want a DCS: Su-27/33

It seems very important for the community DCSW.

Two developers investing resources in exactly the same plane.

It razononable. It is the logic of the market.

Ok.

Two products for the same plane. In the limited universe of DCSW.

It's crazy!

I do not intend to generate controversy. Show only my opinion.

If you want to sell twice as "F-15's", make two variants, please.

It's best for everyone, for ED, for developers, and for the whole community.

Is it really impossible to alter one of the two projects?

F-15C

F-15F (single seat)

F-15S (export variant)

If more people of this opinion, and it seems reasonable to apply pressure on this channel, to participate, please

If you prefer two products-a plane, also can argue.

If it really is impossible to change one of the two projects, I accept it as such. But if there is the slightest glimmer, or possibility, you have to try.

Greetings!

"If adventure is dangerous, try the routine. It is deadly."

Paulo Coelho.

How about people just let the developers work on their passion and you support the one you think delivers the best experience?

For now that's my stance, although I would prefer if they worked on different aircraft. That said, if one does switch to the F-15C, they become my priority (not that it matters as I'll just buy the E five minutes after I purchase the C lol)

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

My searce for the F-15F didn't come up with much. Does the F even exsist? Now the F15se looks promissing.

The F became the S. No F's were built.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I must say I'd prefer to see them cooperate.

If they both intend to be at DCS level and if they both use ED's external model, differences should be really small even inexistant.

I mean a mudhen is a mudhen so if differences appears between the 2 models it means one them got something wrong (or both of them).

Yeah I know, this kind of situation is normal for FSX but this isn't FSX and right now we can't say we have many toys to play with, we need diversity ! And even more we need OPFOR aircraft !

So in this particular moment I'm a bit disapointed.

There's so many legendary planes and helo out there :

Hind, apache, F16, Mig29, Su33, F18, Stuka, BF109, A-6, etc

Right now the lack of diversity almost assure that a majority of the community will buy any module released.

This won't be the case in a few years when we'll have 6 fighters, 4 bombers, 5 attack choppers, 8 WWII planes,...

I know...it's business...but it doesn't mean you have to sit on your common sense.

Edited by Eight Ball

This won't be the case in a few years when we'll have 6 fighters, 4 bombers, 5 attack choppers, 8 WWII planes,...

A few years? Just the 4 more helos will take longer than that unless very skilled, well staffed, 3rd party teams start sprouting like weeds

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

lol, I think you got my point. Once we'll have more toys to play with we will probably think twice before buying anything.

Of course if they start to make each iconic aircraft twice it might take quite a while

And of course this is just my opinion, for what it worth...

Edited by Eight Ball

I'd like to vote on this, but at the moment my answer is 'no' to all responses. :noexpression:

Might get more votes if your 6th answer was: "Just one F-15 is enough. One developer should make a different aircraft altogether." I'd vote that one. ;)

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

I must say I'd prefer to see them cooperate.

If they both intend to be at DCS level and if they both use ED's external model, differences should be really small even inexistant.

I mean a mudhen is a mudhen so if differences appears between the 2 models it means one them got something wrong (or both of them).

Yeah I know, this kind of situation is normal for FSX but this isn't FSX and right now we can't say we have many toys to play with, we need diversity ! And even more we need OPFOR aircraft !

So in this particular moment I'm a bit disapointed.

There's so many legendary planes and helo out there :

Hind, apache, F16, Mig29, Su33, F18, Stuka, BF109, A-6, etc

Right now the lack of diversity almost assure that a majority of the community will buy any module released.

I know...it's business...but it doesn't mean you have to sit on your common sense.

Please keep in mind, that we at RAZBAM have more aircraft being concurrently developed together with the announced modules.

Not as side-projects, but full sub-teams working fulltime on their respective modules. Diversity and a broader range of choice will come quicker than perhaps

you anticipate. :)

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

the DCS: Su27/33 option has more votes than the other options together :megalol:

Can third parties get the message?:music_whistling:

Come on guys, do not think that you will persecute by the KGB to do a Russian plane :D

Luckily we still have Beczl :thumbup:

Edited by djembe

Both are intended to be as detailed as possible, however IRIS has the right to use DCS in the name IIRC.

Nate

Could you please elaborate? Is it about the contract they have together and/or is it a decision which 3rd party have to choose or what`s hide behind?

Prowler111 (RAZBAM) wrote that they need to send the F-15E to ED to do the ultimate testing and approval. This does not mean that RAZBAM`s F-15E will arrive under the DCS label? Or is that again a 3rd party decision?

Hmm, maybe it`s simple to early for a answer...and we will see later.

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

Could you please elaborate? Is it about the contract they have together and/or is it a decision which 3rd party have to choose or what`s hide behind?

Prowler111 (RAZBAM) wrote that they need to send the F-15E to ED to do the ultimate testing and approval. This does not mean that RAZBAM`s F-15E will arrive under the DCS label? Or is that again a 3rd party decision?

Hmm, maybe it`s simple to early for a answer...and we will see later.

If you want to use the DCS:XXXXX title you must agree to maintain certain standards for that module. This does not mean that the Razbam version will be any less detailed, IRIS just got the permission to use that title first.

Nate