DCS World 1.2.1, Now Available

Wags

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1566540&postcount=3

Even with all the problems I am having with FPS and effects.dll I would like to thank Wags and his team for the auto update feature and the quick customer feedback.

It is very encouraging.

+1 I do appreciate their efforts to keep the masses satisfied. Much respect Wags & ED!!:thumbup:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 I do appreciate their efforts to keep the masses satisfied. Much respect Wags & ED!!:thumbup:

+1

WAGS and the whole team of ED have my full appreciation. great job !

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

I assure you the situation is most definitely not being ignored.

Nate

That's cool then, thanks. Was just getting a bit worried as no-one seemed to be acknowledging the problem.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Can I disable auto update? I'd rather not have my game go to shit every week because the update was ****ed.

The shortcut for single-player now execute DCS World\bin\DCS_updater.exe - if you change it to directly run DCS World\bin\Launcher.exe it should bypass the update check and simply launch the game. You can always force an update by using the "Update DCS World" shortcut in the Start menu (which runs the DCS_updater.exe with 'update' as a parameter, presumably to force it to check for updates - normally it only checks once per day or something).

Haha... you people stole a part of my life now...

..I ain't doing nothing but clicking on the frikkin "Update DCS World" thing...

At least I'm off the "Send/Receive" mail button now... :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

Getting about a 10FPS loss , and dodgy cursor , but help is on the way and very much appreciated ED .....

Does the auto update update automaticlly , or do I have to press some botton as mentioned in the above post ?

Do previous 1.2.0.0 mods work in 1.2.1. ?

1.2.1.6099 is out. I can't test it at the moment. Can anyone notice any improvement?

Where did you find that link please , can you provide a link for it ? I just got back last night and my head is swimming trying to get my head all around all the new developments in the last few days , thanks .

Where did you find that link please , can you provide a link for it ?

Have you installed 1.2.1. yet?

If so, run your autoupdater via the start menu and it will update automatically. there has been no official announcement of autoupdate releases.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Have you installed 1.2.1. yet?

Yes .

If so, run your autoupdater via the start menu and it will update automatically. there has been no official announcement of autoupdate releases.

How do you run the autoupdater via the start menu . When I installed 1.2.1 , and tried to load it , it told me of another update , last night .

I assume this is the autoupdater in action then ?

Do previous 1.2.0.0 mods work in 1.2.1. ?

Edited by badger66

I like this Autoupdater :)

Now they can introduce changes and new features in smaller updates and also provides them with a way of helping us when things don't quite go according to plan.

Probably the one best feature they have ever included :thumbup:....

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

1.2.1.6099 is out. I can't test it at the moment. Can anyone notice any improvement?

My frames are back in the 30-40-ies instead of 20-30-ies now with version 6099... and the unpause stutter is shorter but still there...

...explosions still bring it down to 20 FPS...

I put Textures & Scenes to High and Visibility Range to Medium, and replaced the High.lua with the less graphics heavy one from 1.2.0, and of course MaxFPS to 60 and Vsync to on...

Now my GPU (HD6950 1GB) can breath at 94-99% usage with HDR and 4X AA on...

CPU (i5 2500K 4,4Ghz) is at 18-25% usage...

It's shaping nicelly!!! :thumbup:

Well done ED!!! You must be busy little bees this days... :thumbsup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

Mouse pointer still blinking (but only when you move it)

Still getting the annoying "DCS has stopped working" everytime I quit a mission >.<

Anyone experiencing this issue using Win8??

I like this Autoupdater :)

I wish when developers come up with more fixes they continue to "share" with us :D

Yeah, except I imagine that the testers are about ready to rip their hair out :).

At any rate, I hope they share some logs with us, but then it will kind of be like a magic show. They aren't fun anymore when you know all the tricks.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

Mouse pointer still blinking (but only when you move it)

Still getting the annoying "DCS has stopped working" everytime I quit a mission >.<

Anyone experiencing this issue using Win8??

There's your problem.

But hate for the new UI aside, I was having an issue where everytime I tried to fly the P-51, it would crash and then load the briefing for the last successful mission. Reinstalling after deleting my DCS Saved Games folder items fixed the issue. Have you tried a reinstall yet?

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

My frames are back in the 30-40-ies instead of 20-30-ies now with version 6099... and the unpause stutter is shorter but still there...

...explosions still bring it down to 20 FPS...

I put Textures & Scenes to High and Visibility Range to Medium, and replaced the High.lua with the less graphics heavy one from 1.2.0, and of course MaxFPS to 60 and Vsync to on...

Now my GPU (HD6950 1GB) can breath at 94-99% usage with HDR and 4X AA on...

CPU (i5 2500K 4,4Ghz) is at 18-25% usage...

It's shaping nicelly!!! :thumbup:

Well done ED!!! You must be busy little bees this days... :thumbsup:

Mine have gone from 30-40 to 12 to 20 !!! What does "scenes" actually refer to please ? I might lower it from high to medium to gain some FPS back .

Edited by badger66

There's your problem.

But hate for the new UI aside, I was having an issue where everytime I tried to fly the P-51, it would crash and then load the briefing for the last successful mission. Reinstalling after deleting my DCS Saved Games folder items fixed the issue. Have you tried a reinstall yet?

Yep, I've reinstalled DCS:W and all its modules two times since yesterday and also tried deleting the \Saved Games\DCS folder and the problem still remains. Game worked fine in 1.2.0 (even in Win 8 )

Edited by LordLobs

Just managed to play the Black Shark "Clear Tkvarcheli" mission without any noticeable FPS slowdown (i'm capped at 37, dropped briefly to 31 for a few seconds)...... Only real problem i had was when two SU-25's came in and dropped approx 16 cluster bombs !!!.

Hope you can do something with those cluster bombs as my FPS drops to 7 for about 4 seconds every time one of them goes bang...

Still getting a 2 second pause/stutter whenever i initially start an A-10C mission...

Thank you to whoever it may concern for your effort :smilewink:

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.