DCS World Updates thread

lrdangel

A-10 is unplayable for me right now, major lag/stutter proglem when mission starts

That's Vsync.

I get this initially when a mission starts as the cockpit zooms out, then it stabilizes quickly.

(Nevermind, haven't loaded the latest 6288 patch yet.)

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try turning off your pagefile, with 16gb you'll be fine and you'll notice that alot of the stuttering will vanish.

I don't think that's a solution. Firstly, I might not keep 16GB and go back to 8GB (and put the other 8GB in another machine) and last time I tried disabling the pagefile with 8GB, my system went nuts and I had to reboot.

Secondly, it shouldn't really be using the pagefile much anyway with 8 or 16GB, so I doubt it's accessing that that's causing the stutters.

I actually just tested running from a RAMdisk (IMDisk) and got the stutters just the same. I tested from the HDD again straight after and it was much the same, so obviously the stutters aren't being caused by the HDD being unable to stream the data fast enough. I've benched the IMDisk and the HDD with Crystal DiskMark and the screenshots below show how much faster the IMDisk is than the HDD and if it still stutters running from that, a SSD (which is much slower than a RAMdisk) isn't going to help.

imdisk10gbntfscdm.png

samsung2tbntfscdm.png

I will say that the latest update has helped a bit though and whether running from HDD or RAMdisk, it no longer stutters/freezes when looking left or right in the cockpit at the start of Cold Start in Mozdok. I think the stutters when flying are probably less as well but they still occur too often and at the most inconvenient moments, like when I'm in the middle of a tight turn not very high off the ground, when I need to be in complete control and not having the game freeze on me momentarily.

The framerate doesn't seem to drop as much when looking at the helos on the left in Mozdok now either, so it's around 27 whereas before it was about 23. I've noticed that the GPU usage still drops off though, so that looking ahead is about 42fps for 72% GPU and looking left is 27fps for 63% GPU, so it would be nice if it could use some of that spare capacity to keep it above 30fps at least.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

my updater is not auto updating anymore. I'm still @ v6241. :joystick:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Interesting! I've started the game and received no update yet. I just realized this is because I'm still using the old icons on my desktop... they point to Launcher.exe, but they should point to DCS_updater.exe. Check your singleplayer icon, the "Target" line needs to read: "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\DCS_updater.exe"

Once again, Update information can be found in [saved games]/DCS/Logs/autoupdate.log

I looked at the text in the autoupdate log and could find nothing describing what was/is addressed in a given update. Additionally, the log is in unformatted text and extremely hard to parse.

I don't wish to "challenge" any update, I just want to know what was addressed in any update. Apparentlly others have made a similar request.

Can a Readme file be provided with the update and stored somewhere in the game directory?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

I looked at the text in the autoupdate log and could find nothing describing what was/is addressed in a given update. Additionally, the log is in unformatted text and extremely hard to parse.

I don't wish to "challenge" any update, I just want to know what was addressed in any update. Apparentlly others have made a similar request.

Can a Readme file be provided with the update and stored somewhere in the game directory?

I'm pretty sure multiple people have said it's being worked on. So yes again, they're planning on adding a change log of sorts.

EDIT:

There's no changelogs in the updater yet.

It's understood that the feature is VERY important and it's planned.

For people that don't like reading the whole first 3 pages... :music_whistling: :smartass:

Edited by KaspeR32

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

Any specifics as to what 6288 fixes or improves?

it improves the version number to a higher number closer to 1.2.2, only 3712 more builds to go.. haha

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Iv just got 1.2.1.6288.

Strange but no new (updated) backup folder ?

no more ? or went another place ? :noexpression:

I had a backup folder after updating Just like previous versions

Flanker, Flanker 2.0, Flanker 2.5, Lockon, FC1, FC2,FC3, BS1, BS2, A10C, CA and World

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Changed "scenes" from med to high last night ..... was running about 35 FPS . After the latest update , with 7 people on server , my FPS dropped to an average of 12 .

Seemed there was 2 patchs today , first one seemed ok , second one seems to have not been good for me ?

Turned "Scenes" down to med again , no differance in FPS ?

Not sure what to make of it to be honest .

Just did a night mission , and FPS in the 30 again .....

What gets me , when I change scenes back from high to med , no change in FPS ?

Might do a reinstall . Only mods in running is the better smoke mod , and diveplanes better FPS mod , but have changed the lights back to "2" from what the mod does with "1" in the config . Hope you follow me ?

Edited by badger66

well your system is defiantly not like mine I was running on highest setting and the last 2 patches now made it look like I'm running low settings.

I want my highest settings back!

I'm at 40 FPS with the latest patch. 6288v. I would like my buildings back at highest view.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Strange, Im never, never had level of good fps like with last update 6288 of DCSW before. Im very happy now about this performance.

Better than 1.2.0 or 1.1.1.1 at all (just explosions problem). Run high, medium, just water low.

Mabye settings problem?

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Really appreciate the frequent updates but guessing what they do is taxing...

Also, I would like to see the announcement (when there is one in advance) at least refer to the update version number...none of WAGs update announcements have stated the version number so far. Call me strange if you wish but I would find this helpful in my own anal way...

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Just want to throw my two cents in on this and say way to go ED. This autoupdate feature brings this game into the 21st century finally. No more waiting for patches and feature updates. All on the fly just like Arma... Keep up the good work.

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!