FC3 Bug thread

Originally posted by Comes

It seems, that Missile Hits do no real Damage to some Planes, for example the su-33, su 30 and the f-16a. I needed four hits to destroy a su-30, and there was no visible damage on the plane. It just started burning and crashed onto the ground.

All the planes with newer 3d models work just fine.

Anybody else having this issue?

Edit:

Same for the Gun, does not do any Damage to those Planes.

I tried to fly the su-33 myself and was able to survive 2 direct aim 120 hits without getting any damage.

I have the same issue, and it goes for most of the aircraft i fire on. It goes for both missiles and guns; 2-3 missiles or about 70rnds 30mm or 150+ 20mm. Doesent matter where i shoot the plane either, whether its engines or cockpit. As if it has hitpoints and when they reach zero it just explodes or catches fire. No damage is visible either :joystick:.

No It doesn't. It stands for 'unknown'. 'U' Mud nail is also seen for the SA-3 Complex aswell.

thats weird because all the other contacts in the RWR come up with a known, but the UAV's so I deduced it stands for Unmanned. :pilotfly: :joystick:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

there is a very annoying bug when landing with the f-15c.

everytime when landing on any airfield the landing gear seems to disappear shortly after touching the ground. its not possible to land anymore for me.

here is a video

and also a thread discussing the problem

http://www.forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=102124

maybe someone can help me out, im too desperate :D

1. F-18C takes 4 R-73's hits antil it will start smoking.

2. Mig-29S fires two R-77's at the same time regardles radar mode.

3. R-77 acts weird. It cannot align on target when lunched from 50 degrees angle. Just flying straight.

Sorry if I repeated somebody.

Could not find this problem on the bug list, but it has been mentioned elsewhere, so I'll post it here too.

The A-10A Maveric can't Lock anything at all outside a 8 mile range, more like in the 5-6 range, like it used to be in LockOn FC.

I suspect all the different missiles in DCS now, possibly get overwritten by older FC3 ones now. If you have it installed.

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup:

DCS FC3 A10A

No Salvo, ripple, time, quantity

AIM9m .2 NM from MI24 berfore lock

Ghost radar nails

CBU97's work for the A10A AI, but not me.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

SU-33 can only have a maximum of 96 countermeasures or 48 of each

That is by intend and has been so since a very long time. It also has been discussed at this forum before, use the search function.

iirc the tail of the SU33 is somewhat shorter than the SU27's to allow carrier ops.

Therefore there is less room for CM catridges.

Hi all, i have a little problem with recently added "6DOF" cockpit (Flanker/Frogfoot/Hog-A).

They are not fully 6DOF with me, Z-axis is assigned to zoom. No way to change it. Eagle's cockpit works fine.

Any idea ?

SU27 RWR bug

SU27 RWR signal strength indicator operating in reverse. As signal strength increases the signal strength analog is moving clockwise.Previously it moved anticlockwise with increasing strength.

(6 May version)

UPDATE

Tested SU27,MIg29,SU33,SU25,SU25T. Only the SU27 has this bug in all the other the RWR signal strength is correct.

SU27 TRK showing Signal Strength indicator operating in reverse. Target is FA18 head om.

su27rwtrack.trk

Edited by IvanK

SU-33 can only have a maximum of 96 countermeasures or 48 of each

That is by intend and has been so since a very long time. It also has been discussed at this forum before, use the search function.

iirc the tail of the SU33 is somewhat shorter than the SU27's to allow carrier ops.

Therefore there is less room for CM catridges.

Just checked this for Su-33 and saw in latest test build that you can now change chaff and flares in sets of 9 any combination of up to 96 max total

No longer active in DCS...

Su-27 passive EO systems alerting hostile

Hi all,

just one small issue that is a bit annoying for me. I noticed that the passive EO BVR (the "2" and then "O" keys) mode alerts a hostile of my presence - as if I appeared on its RWR. I attached a short track where we see an F16 engaging defensive as soon as I turn EO sensors on - that is unrealistic or am I missing something?

On a side note, does anybody know how deep the electronic/missile warfare is modeled in DCS:W? Like jammer homing, burner IR signature and so forth?

Cheers

EO_spike.trk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SA-11 Search Radar does not Nail in the SPO-15 and by extension does not appear in the HUD as a target using the Fantas/Elint Pod.

Also, the Sa-11 LN/Telar gives a spike when tracking. This is different logic to previous versions, where we got the launch warning from the TELAR but no Search or Lock warning. Is this correct now?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/600721/Sa11SRfail.trk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The lack of nail from the SA-11 SR is not correct.

Spike and launch warnings from the TELARs are correct, since the TELARs carry the TRs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

AB signature is modeled: You will be able to detect/lock an after burning target further away with EOS or a heat seeker.

As for HOJ, it is simply modeled as pure pursuit vs the jammer.

On a side note, does anybody know how deep the electronic/missile warfare is modeled in DCS:W? Like jammer homing, burner IR signature and so forth?

Cheers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Hi all, i have a little problem with recently added "6DOF" cockpit (Flanker/Frogfoot/Hog-A).

They are not fully 6DOF with me, Z-axis is assigned to zoom. No way to change it. Eagle's cockpit works fine.

Any idea ?

I'm getting the exact same thing. I'm not really sure whats causing the issue.