FC3 Bug thread

Now it's broken again. No matter what I set the interval knob to, it just releases all of the selected FAB-100s at once. It makes for a hell of a cluster bomb, but it's not too useful if I'm trying to strike a convoy that's all nice and lined up. Is there a new feature I'm not aware of?

For su-25A for bombs release interval and quantity on my end is working, for rockets quantity is not working (and has been reported already)

For Su-25T on the other hand it is not working (I think this is the one you are referring to) and has also been reported already and waiting for fix.

No longer active in DCS...

A-10A air refueling door indicator light isn't coming on and it also appears that no fuel is being taken onboard despite the boom operator saying so (after a good connection).

Can someone else please confirm my observations.

A-10A ground refueling i snot working also and its reported already, I am guessing if that one is fixed air refueling will be fixed also.

For su-25A for bombs release interval and quantity on my end is working, for rockets quantity is not working (and has been reported already)

For Su-25T on the other hand it is not working (I think this is the one you are referring to) and has also been reported already and waiting for fix.

...Really? The 4xFAB-100s on an MER? Do I just set an interval? Is a specific quantity setting needed? I'll try repairing, but I've been unable to get the MERs working in the last couple patches.

hm... I haven't tried the bombs on MER rack... only single bombs. I'll try the MER also.

So you're doing this with Su-25A version, right?

EDIT: just tried Su-25A with 8x MER of 4x FAB-100 bombs and it works fine. I can drop them in sets of 2x MER's, 4x MER's or 8x MER's (all)... only can't drop from single pylon (which I think is by design)

EDIT2: with single bombs on pylons can drop them in single, pair (at the same time), pair (at time interval), 2x pairs (same time or time intervals) or all (if you have 6 or more loaded)

First you set QUANTITY switch to how many you want to drop in one pass... make sure you press and hold the trigger until all bombs are dropped. Next you set INTERVAL switch if you want to drop them at same time or some time separation (works in 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.4 sec and KMGU position which is for KMGU canisters only)

If you leave them in default positions it will drop pairs (from 2 opposite pylons) at the same time.

1737586374_Su-25AIntervalampQuantitySwitches.thumb.jpg.86749fe3fff202c3b7be69a1043edbcb.jpg

Edited by Kuky

per page 59 of FC3 manual, where it talks about the WCS panel for su25t (the su25(a) section doesn't discuss the panel):

The MER drops all weapons on a pylon at the same time.

You can drop a single MER pylon with NO1, when you only have the 4 inner pylons remaining.

i.e. is working in game as expected for su25(a)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My observations with A10A FC3

A. Engines don't start on ramp. Work Around:

1. RCtrl+Home Starts APU

2. RAlt+End aborts any Engines Startup attempts that fail anyway... you can see the throttles are moved forward like in C variant and that APU power diminishes. After you cancel Startup attempts APU powers UP to max

3. RALt+Home start left engine

4.RCtrl+Home starts right engine and after that shuts off APU automatically after that.

I did deleted my Input Folder for A10A in User files/Saved games/DCS/Config/Input/ and same problem exists. It isnot a problem per se... maybe they try to insert APU startup in startup sequence but it is overlapped with Right Engine Startup.

B. A10A shakes the stick like mad until you get some speed on the ground (G940 here).

C. View shakes sometimes like is on FFB... Strange... mostly when starting rolling on the ground from zero speed.

D. A bit trickier to taxi than A10C... Maybe that is correct... AFM etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

hm... I haven't tried the bombs on MER rack... only single bombs. I'll try the MER also.

So you're doing this with Su-25A version, right?

EDIT: just tried Su-25A with 8x MER of 4x FAB-100 bombs and it works fine. I can drop them in sets of 2x MER's, 4x MER's or 8x MER's (all)... only can't drop from single pylon (which I think is by design)

EDIT2: with single bombs on pylons can drop them in single, pair (at the same time), pair (at time interval), 2x pairs (same time or time intervals) or all (if you have 6 or more loaded)

First you set QUANTITY switch to how many you want to drop in one pass... make sure you press and hold the trigger until all bombs are dropped. Next you set INTERVAL switch if you want to drop them at same time or some time separation (works in 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.4 sec and KMGU position which is for KMGU canisters only)

If you leave them in default positions it will drop pairs (from 2 opposite pylons) at the same time.

Well color me embarrassed. I repaired my install, and lo and behold, it's working now! Thanks for the help =)

Radio communication doesnt work .

i7 6700k / Gtx 1070 / 32GB DDR4 / SSD / Warthog / 2 MFD / Saitek Rudders / RiftCV1 / Rift S...

A10C / F5 / F14 / F16 / F18 / M2000 / HARRIER / FC3 / HUEY / GAZELLE / MI-8 / MI-24 / KA-50 / KIOWA / CB ARMS / SUPER CARRIER / PERSIAN GULF / NEVADA

FC3 su-27 bugs:

Landing at Sochi from sea side, in LNDG mode, no glide error circle.

su-27 HUD has a white line in the middle after I reinstall the DCS world. It appears in common view angles. But in some special angles, it becomes hard to see.

Previously, I did not see such white line. I know it's due to two glass of HUD, but I want to know what cause this render problem.

Yes, I also get the white line.

The other problem I have, I hope it is not a bug, is my SU27 HUD is bigger, I cannot see it all.

Fate is inexorable...

Radio communication doesnt work .

I confirm... in A10A... is a mess. Tower wants to grant me taxi to runway while I was trying desperately do get a vector to home after engagement... My homebase... can you believe it? Like they were drunk... and I took off politely by asking permission etc and it did work until airborne.

Also trying to jump in a AI controlled A10A fails... image flickers a bit then you are left outside. Leaving your plane for your wingman's leave you without any plane cause you can't get back to yours that stays in a sort of limbo mode as it appears not manned.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Any chance of just fixing the bug first before coming up w/new airplanes to fly, maps to use, or tanks to drive? No? Didn't think so...

+1:thumbup:

Edited by Pelmo

Intel i9-13900K, @5.8GHz, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master, 32GB DDR5 6200 DomPlatinum, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24G, LG 48GQ900-B, 4x 2TB Crucial P5plus M2 SSD NVME, 1x 500GB WD SN850 SSD NVME ,Thermaltake ToughPower GF3 1650W ATX 3.0 , Windows 11 Pro, Corsair AiO H170i LCD RGB, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, VPC Mongoos T-50CM3 Base, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar, MFG CROSSWIND, Corsair K95 Platinum, Sennheiser G 600, Roccat Kone Mouse.

A-10A CTD

I have created two short cross-country missions in the A-10A FC3 most current version. At the end of the mission the program has CTD with the comment "DCS Has Stopped Working" as it tries to go from the end of mission to the mission summary screen.

Don't know if this has been reported before. It did it from flying the mission inside the mission editor as well as selecting it from a mission list outside the editor.

Alienware Aurora R3

Intel ® Core i7-2600K CPU @3.4 GHz

CPU 64 Bits

ClockSpeed 3401 MHz

Video Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1280 MB

RAM 8 GB

HardDriv 2TB

DirectX 11

WartHog HOTAS

Track IR

A-10C, BS 2, P-51D. UH-1H Huey, FC 3

There were no error logs in the game folder: saved games/DCS/logs. The crashes occurred while trying to go to the mission summary GUI. The A-10A missions where the crash occurred was going from one base to another.

Another point, on another mission I created in the A-10A I took off from the runway, pulled up into a closed pattern and landed, total three minutes fifty seconds at the same base. The log only recorded three items; Mission Start, Took Control, and Mission End. I've flown it several times and it does not record takeoff or landing or give me credit in the General Debriefing Window. The system is not recording time, landing, etc. on my pilot record. I've done a similar mission editor problem for the F-15C and SU-33 and both of those work fine and record fne. It seems to be a A-10A problem.

Edited by Speedbrake

Can anyone else verify the problems I mentioned on page 129 of this thread, log #1287???

I want to be sure it is not a problem on my side.

I have time tonight to check it out send the miz file

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Create A File

I don't think it is the file.

Try this, create a mission by placing an A-10A (CF3) on the runway (I used Glendzhik) and just takeoff and come back around and land. See if you get anything more than Mission Start, Took Control, and Mission End in the summary. Also all the radio calls are screwed up.

You can also create a mission on the A-10A going from one base to another ( again Gelendzhik to Anapa) and see if it bombs out after you land and leave the mission.

BTW, I just updated to the most current build and it still does the same.

You should be able to get the files here: http://www.ge.tt/5uBDB4p/v/0?c

Edited by Speedbrake

I don't think it is the file.

Try this, create a mission by placing an A-10A (CF3) on the runway (I used Glendzhik) and just takeoff and come back around and land. See if you get anything more than Mission Start, Took Control, and Mission End in the summary. Also all the radio calls are screwed up.

You can also create a mission on the A-10A going from one base to another ( again Gelendzhik to Anapa) and see if it bombs out after you land and leave the mission.

BTW, I just updated to the most current build and it still does the same.

You should be able to get the files here: http://www.ge.tt/5uBDB4p/v/0?c

well yea the radios are bugged and already reported.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I am reposting this here as i got no answers in A10A thread

Detailed and accurate 3D model and animations

Six Degrees of Freedom (6DOF) capable cockpit

Advanced Flight Model (AFM)

Campaign and missions

A-10A skins from a wide array of squadrons

Both Simulation and Game modes

This is quoted from the A10 A download in the E shop page. I don't have this in the options (controls A10 A) menu. I did not buy the A 10 A I have FC3 (and yes updated to the latest version)

Is this wrongly stated or am I missing something?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Campaign and missions

This is quoted from the A10 A download in the E shop page. I don't have this in the options (controls A10 A) menu. I did not buy the A 10 A I have FC3 (and yes updated to the latest version)

It wouldn't be under the controls tab. I believe it's under the game settings tab.

Campaign and missions

Just checked. It is under the GAMEPLAY tab. You can select "Game Flight Mode", "Game Avionics Mode", and several other easy settings.

Just checked. It is under the GAMEPLAY tab. You can select "Game Flight Mode", "Game Avionics Mode", and several other easy settings.

This is for all aircraft (sim/game setting) if A10A is at AFM level there should be the option to select game or sim wrt the flight model within the control tab like with UH1, A10C, etc........or am I misunderstanding this?

My reason for asking this is how can I be shure that my FC3 A10A is actually on AFM level?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is for all aircraft (sim/game setting) if A10A is at AFM level there should be the option to select game or sim wrt the flight model within the control tab like with UH1, A10C, etc........or am I misunderstanding this?

My reason for asking this is how can I be shure that my FC3 A10A is actually on AFM level?

If you have the latest version, it will always be AFM. There is no option to go back to the old flight model.