New Su-27 model coming for FC3 / DCSW.

Every knob and Switch is animated, and has their connectors, it's just a matter of building the base systems, and then the advanced systems that rely on those systems.

Problem is that under your "just", more than 50% of the total work is hiding. ;)

spacer.png

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful model!!!

Will pay double if 6DOF and AFM included! 8)

I restarted my passion for simming with flanker back then.

Have boxed version bought from some game store in NYC, when I was student on holidays, and I had to decide which simulator I will buy, cos I had not enough money and I choose Flanker and I spent dozens of hours in it - I remember my first mission, when I was flying behind hills on south and I got hit by missile the very first time and I didnt even have a clue from where hehe :))

Just wanted to describe closer how I feel, when I saw flanker got some love from ED in FC3...

I would rather die in beautiful flanker than win in ugly eagle... and I am the rotorhead dreaming about DCS:Ka-52 and DCS:Apache Longbow anyway! ;)

HW: 15" Macbook Pro ( Late 2008 ) / 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo / 8GB DDR3 RAM / 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400M / 512GB SSD Crucial M4 / Win7 64-bit / Saitek X52 Pro + TIR5 + No rudders

What did I tell you ED !!!! Make some $$$$$$

In fact, I would pay triple at minimum for that and I am serious about that! :joystick:

I would rather die in beautiful flanker than win in ugly eagle... and I am the rotorhead dreaming about DCS:Ka-52 and DCS:Apache Longbow anyway! ;)

HW: 15" Macbook Pro ( Late 2008 ) / 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo / 8GB DDR3 RAM / 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400M / 512GB SSD Crucial M4 / Win7 64-bit / Saitek X52 Pro + TIR5 + No rudders

Yup! I am in for 60$ + but that means effectively its DCS Flanker. :D

As with you guys...I started simming with Flanker 2.5 almost 10 years ago now. I remember how proud I was flying and landing with a keyboard. Still...got hammered A2A though...still am pretty shitty at dodging missiles and stuff.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Yup! I am in for 60$ + but that means effectively its DCS Flanker. :D

As with you guys...I started simming with Flanker 2.5 almost 10 years ago now. I remember how proud I was flying and landing with a keyboard. Still...got hammered A2A though...still am pretty shitty at dodging missiles and stuff.

It was like magic to have a sim with feel of actually flying a plane opposite to other sims in this era and 12MB app size was unbelievable on top of it.

Yeah I was flying with keyboard too and I am bad with dodging missiles till these days... :lol:

UPDATE: I was flying black shark with keyboard on my notebook for about 2 years and never understood why ED didnt implement mouse input as cyclic... always ended up with "if you are serius, you have to use proper joystick" funny is, that in my way, when I am serious I want to be able to enjoy sim on my laptop somewhere in hotel and using touchpad/mouse would just sufficient to enjoy flying kamov over georgia before sun set coming down...

Edited by jaroslas
New idea.

Damn! That is one sexy bird.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Oh yes, chiming in .. +1 for DCS: Flanker

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Wonderful bird - can't wait to park my ass in there for hours and hours :)

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

+1 for DCS Flanker.

Will never forget the days when I was in 3rd grade flying the SU-27 Flanker my dad had just bought me for my Intel 485 PC. I also flew with the keyboard at the time. Spent countless quality hours with my dad behind the monitor shooting ground targets with guns lolololol.

Actually, I remember a time when the small tiny little CPU fan on my 485 CPU went out while playing flanker. My dad grabbed a house fan and stuck it over the chassis and shot back up into the skies =D man I will never forget those days. Thank you ED for making that possible....and going back to your roots at last......DCS Flanker, I will pay a pretty penny for this my friends.

Intel i7-8700k Coffee Lake@stock

G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16) 3200MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti

Maximus X FORMULA Z370 BIOS 1401

NZXT Kraken x62

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB (OS)

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 1TB (Games)

Corsair AX1200i 1200 Watt

Cooler Master HAF X

HOTAS Warthog | VKB MCG Pro GunFighter Mk. II | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5

Heatware

Wow.!!! Memories and emotions come out with this bird, its unmatched in that. Thanks ED for making us happy... I started flying with Flanker 2.5 and the journey is still on as I never flew anything except Flanker.

I hope that people remember all the unjust criticism and bitching about current Su-27 model and skins in Beta version of FC3. ED could have communicated it better, however now it is clear that it wouldn't make sense to create new skins for the current model.

• Like 1

I hope that people remember all the unjust criticism and bitching about current Su-27 model and skins in Beta version of FC3. ED could have communicated it better, however now it is clear that it wouldn't make sense to create new skins for the current model.

Lol, they always forget about that stuff when shown a few goodies.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

I hope that people remember all the unjust criticism and bitching about current Su-27 model and skins in Beta version of FC3.

It is "unjust" only now, since ED released an updated Su-27 model. Before it was released, customers ie. the community had every right to complain about ages old model which was in the game since forever.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

It is "unjust" only now, since ED released an updated Su-27 model. Before it was released, customers ie. the community had every right to complain about ages old model which was in the game since forever.

Without keeping in mind that ALL models, ground, sea and air are undergoing improvements and/or being replaced so statistically it was only a matter of time in any event. That was however overlooked. Strange.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

People always have a right to complain, but there is a level of restraint that should always be maintained when complaining about something that is not yet a final product. People also overlooked the very large implications of what DCS World is, which was directly relevant to this question.

Anyhow, let's allow the "debate" about customer feedback rest with that, please. Nothing good ever comes out of "bitching about bitching", because then we just end up with "bitching about bitching about bitching" and we'll never have time to actually fly. :P

EDIT: Damn you Viper, stop being a worse forum whore than I am. :(

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Is it not possible to create a generalized AFM for jets? Instead of SFMs that feel crappy to fly with, would it not be possible to make a general purpose semi-AFM that uses an "average" airframe form, thrust profile, stall profiles, drag profile, all that stuff?

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW

That still would require a lot of work. Understand, AFM in any form is not easy or quick to do. Also, if they were going to spend time on an AFM for the FC3 jets (which isn't happening), why half-a** it with a generalized one?

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "