Latest FC3 Update 4/1/13

I know. My point was that it would be difficult to maintain two of the same aircraft in the game. If FC3 is an expansion to FC2, it would stipulate that the MiG-29S *must* be available in the game, either as how it was in FC2, or as an updated FC3 version. However, if they released a DCS: MiG-29S, it would mean that they need to maintain two types of the same aircraft in the game, which would be difficult.

Don't worry , there's no DCS mig29

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Posted by Poko24 - Respect ED! Nice to see you listen the community. Great news indeed! Thank you thumbup.gif"

"leafer replied - The humor of it all is that they always have" ;)

A bit like the GREAT OMNIPRESENT KAHUNA in the sky really :angel:... Wags forgive me my trespasses, as I should forgive those bumwipes who trespass against me ... and thank-you for leading me into temptation ... I will buy FC3 soon, for thine is the Fidelity, the Visuals and the Flight Modelling ... forever and ever, Amen.

Edited by Teapot

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

That is some good news to wake up to, cause I love flying the A-10A. Glad to see other aircraft getting the 6DOF pit of love.

6- New A-10A 6 DOF cockpit

7- New A-10A model

8- Advanced Flight Model for A-10A

9- New Su-25 6 DOF cockpit

18- Dynamic weather system.

I want to know a little more about this. Does this mean that airbases 100 miles apart can have different weather, raining at one base and sunny at the other?

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

I want to know a little more about this. Does this mean that airbases 100 miles apart can have different weather, raining at one base and sunny at the other?

It is probably just the same dynamic weather system that DCS already has. It does provide different pressures and wind at different locations, but I've never tested to see if is truly dynamic, with rainstorms in some areas. I don't think it does that, or else we would see screenshots of cloud fronts. Hopefully this can be improved in the future.

The key words are "everything is subject to change". Meaning it could have changed from U.S. to USSR... At least I hope it did. :D

:noexpression:Personally I hope it did not. Although there is nothing officially announced, and I still don't understand why, there is a strong desire from the community to have the F/A-18. It really would be nice to have something fresh other than the birds already done in the FC series. Not saying I dislike FC and the supporting updates, but I am really looking forward to the hornet.:)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

but I've never tested to see if is truly dynamic, with rainstorms in some areas. I don't think it does that, or else we would see screenshots of cloud fronts.

Actually it is / It does.

Dynamic Weather creates highs and lows that in turn generate fronts which cause localised wind and weather patterns. These patterns move over time. To appreciate that movement, you might have to wait a bit longer thant the average SP mission though.

The interface is still a bit clunky - essentially you set a few variables and let the system autogenerate until you like what you get (ME shows local windspeed, but not cloudcover or precipitation, so you have to enter the sim to evaluate those), or you can look on the thread about dynamic weather for info on how to manualy edit the .miz file and a few examples for users.

On the plus side, once you get a weather pattern you like, you can save and import them into new missions, so you could build a library of weather patterns (& I guess share them :-)

Personally - I realy like the weather generated by the DW system - both because of it's localisation / dynamism, and because - despite the occasional rendering clitch - it can generate some very realistic and immersive weather in sim.

There's DW thread under the DCS.warthog thread :

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=69481

Different places, same time in sim (from back around the releace of DCS.A-10C):

attachment.php?attachmentid=48777&d=1299733553

attachment.php?attachmentid=48778&d=1299733553

attachment.php?attachmentid=48779&d=1299733553

Edited by Weta43

Cheers.

Sorry if there is already a thread about this but i didnt see one. Just read the latest update and wow there are lots of nice things to come. So many new 6dof cockpits that i cant wait!! i was already satisfied with the su27 and now the su25. Great way to start the new year :thumbup: i can imagine there are even more surprises on the way.

Here is wags post:

An apples-to-apples comparison between FC2 to FC3. I added a few new items to this list that I just got permission to make public today.

1- FC3 is a DCS World module that makes it single player and multiplayer compatible with all other DCS modules, including Combined Arms.

2- New F-15C 6 DOF cockpit

3- New F-15C 3D model

4- New Su-27 6 DOF cockpit

5- New Su-27 3D model

6- New A-10A 6 DOF cockpit

7- New A-10A model

8- Advanced Flight Model for A-10A

9- New Su-25 6 DOF cockpit

10- Expanded map into eastern Georgia and southern Russian that includes several new and detailed Russian and Georgian airbases, cities, and topography.

11- Many new unit models that include: A-10C, F-15E, F/A-18C, MiG-31, A-50, E-3, KC-135, IL-76MD, IL-78M, An-26B, An-30M, E-2D, E-3C, P-51D, Yak-40, CH-47D, Mi-8MT, Perry Class Frigate, Ticonderoga Class Cruiser, T-90 tank, and SA-3, SA-6, SA-11 and SA-15 SAM systems.

12- Updated and improved graphical effects for water surface / transparency, ground explosions, smoke, fire, and lighting.

13- Improved air-to-air missile flight physics.

14- Resource Manager system.

15- Many new trigger options (both Conditions and Actions) for the Mission Editor, permitting for more tactically varied missions than ever before in the FC series.

16- New and updated campaigns that cover all of the FC3 aircraft.

17- Pitch and roll sea states depending on wind weather.

19- Improved low altitude graphical detail that includes grass and higher detailed terrain noise.

20- Improved air and ground unit AI.

21- Fast Mission Generator.

22- New AI radio communications from other flights.

23- Improved airbases that include Batumi, Senaki-Kolkhi, and Sukhumi-Babushara.

24- Added bullseye to mission map and AI radio references.

25- New single missions.

26- New multiplayer missions.

27- New dual engagement radar mode for the MiG-29S.

28- Improved flight manual.

29- Improved cockpit textures.

30- New weapons such as JDAM, WCMD, and senor fused weapons.

31- New sides of Italy, Abkhazia, and South Ossetia.

32- Adjusted landing properties for Standard Flight Model aircraft.

I am so lookin forward to these new updates and i hope that a new SU-33 model with the improved 6 dof cockpit comes out for FC3 as well :D

Actually it is / It does.

Dynamic Weather creates highs and lows that in turn generate fronts which cause localised wind and weather patterns. These patterns move over time. To appreciate that movement, you might have to wait a bit longer thant the average SP mission though.

The interface is still a bit clunky - essentially you set a few variables and let the system autogenerate until you like what you get (ME shows local windspeed, but not cloudcover or precipitation, so you have to enter the sim to evaluate those), or you can look on the thread about dynamic weather for info on how to manualy edit the .miz file and a few examples for users.

On the plus side, once you get a weather pattern you like, you can save and import them into new missions, so you could build a library of weather patterns (& I guess share them :-)

Personally - I realy like the weather generated by the DW system - both because of it's localisation / dynamism, and because - despite the occasional rendering clitch - it can generate some very realistic and immersive weather in sim.

There's DW thread under the DCS.warthog thread :

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=69481

unfortunately the still existing old cloud bug kill clouds without this dynamic feature

at least we should get new deeper settings for dynamic weather such as starting cloud density etc.

strange shadows

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?p=1564926#post1564926

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?p=1639965#post1639965

sign-pic4.jpg

You're correct....the only difference between an A and C model is avionics to include weapons crap...

Wouldn't there be a bit of a weight increase in there? Maybe not enough to matter but I thought all the goodies might make it heavier.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

"unfortunately the still existing old cloud bug kill clouds without this dynamic feature"

Just been using it - can't see that bug in my build - look to the future.

"at least we should get new deeper settings for dynamic weather such as starting cloud density etc."

See :

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=82610

Oh thanks, thats a good weather thread

i see your are a tester maybe you can tell us which version you use now, build 1.2.3x or already 1.2.4y ?

sign-pic4.jpg

I appreciate ED's acceptance of the initial complaints on FC3 and improving those points. I was very critical at first because there wasn't much content in it, but it becomes more tempting by each update.

Please keep this attitude going and listen to your community. If you go down the "We know what's best for them" path, it'll be very damaging for you.

I'm very pleased to see the new sides to include Abkhazia. That's something that I've been wanting to be able to reproduce.

Also, the two-target Track while Fly mode for the MiG-29 9-13 will be very welcome indeed, as will the Su-25 improvements. The Su-25 is the VVS's favorite aircraft.

Miao, Cat

The frog is a fantastic bird. True brute force and raw speed. I am glad to see it being improved.

I think ppl are right...the reason we are getting those two 6dof xoxkpits are probably necks of the half done cockpit for a10a and oneprides su25, but I maybe wrong and perhaps Ed made it themselves.

Eitherway, hopefully before they close fc3 support, they should update the su33 and mig29 and that will be a fantastic swansong to send off the lock on series.

Edited by Witchking

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Way to go ED :megalol: nice to hear A-10A improvements especially.

System specs below

Case - Antec Three Hundred

PSU - Corsair AX750watt

Board - MSI Z170A GAMING PRO

CPU - Intel i5 6600K 3900MHz

Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus

Memory - Kingston HYPERX 16G DDR4 2400Mhz CL15

Graphics - MSI GEFORCE GTX 980 GAMING 4G

SSD - Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2 NVMe

Monitor - Philips 277E 27" 1920x1080 60Hz

OS - Windows 10 Home 64bit

Flight Controllers - Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek COMBAT RUDDER PEDALS, TrackIR 4, Track Clip Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eitherway, hopefully before they close fc3 support, they should update the su33 and mig29 and that will be a fantastic swansong to send off the lock on series.

Everybody forgets the T-Toad :cry:

• Like 2

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Thank you for the update Wags. Excellent news

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.