F-18 grip, WARTHOG compatible

We are officially into prototyping phase!

Testing and calibrating the machine with "warthog-base connecting nuts":

All the electronics and hardware for making completely functional prototypes have been ordered so it's getting real close to "two weeks" now :)

Will post pictures of the complete grip in a couple of days. Took me 3 days just to set up the damn thing.

1_zps31f07c33.jpg~original

And some other stuff that's in the works:

Fw-190rudderpedals_zps8bfc5d63.jpg~original

2_zps48e713fc.jpg~original

Wow, can´t wait to see the prototypes.

PC: Win 10 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, GForce RTX 4090.

Cockpit & HOTAS: VKB Gunfighter MKIII with MCG PRO, Vipril MT-50 CM2, Virpil Rotor Plus & SharKa-50 grip, Thrustmaster TPR, Virpil SharKa-50 Control Panel, WinWing Phoenix MIP, WinWing PTO & PCR, Total Control Apachte MPD frames, several DIY panels, NLR GTTRACK, NLR Motion V3, ButtKicker Gamer PLUS

VR: Varjo Aero, HP Reverb G2

Oh man, there is going to be a fancy box too!! I am definitely in. :thumbup:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

OMG! Make a slew control replacement and I will buy it right now. Seriously!! The warthog needs that mod.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Looking great man! Definitely in for a Hornet Combo

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

Hegykc, I am also interested in what cad program you are using.

It is a combination of solidworks, 3ds max and photoshop. A good render is never "push a button" kind of thing. Takes quite a bit of tweaking for each scene. The one seen here took me about 3 hours just to setup the scene for rendering.

OMG! Make a slew control replacement and I will buy it right now. Seriously!! The warthog needs that mod.

I will be making slew control replacements as soon as I calibrate the printer and try different materials.

How many stick's are going to be available?

I don't do waiting lists. Hate them. This will not be a "one off" run. I have laid the groundwork for the production of thousands per month if needed, or just a couple each day if that will be the case.

I will setup my work shop acording to the demand.

I think I will buy a Warthog for the sole purpose of buying this and putting it on :D

There will my own base for these grips, much better then the warthog one.

Update:

I spent the cheap printer material I had for testing purpposes. Have to wait for the good stuff to arrive this friday, or next week.

Edited by hegykc

There will my own base for these grips, much better then the warthog one.

So I don't have to buy the warthog to use this stick?!?

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

No, not if you can wait. I have the prototype base designed. Electronics and firmware are in testing phase.

I will start prototyping the base once I have a functional grip.

Sierra Hotel!

Will the base use a "real" gimbal and have comparable accuracy/resolution? The base is my biggest single gripe with the Warthog right now.

Edited by Viersbovsky

Callsign "Lion"

Would you sell a grip with switches, but without electronics ?

If so what is the thread size and pitch of the Warthog connector ?

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

No, not if you can wait. I have the prototype base designed. Electronics and firmware are in testing phase.

So, in this regard, will you be making/selling both independant and dependant units? I.e. a grip where you don't require a warthog (standalone), and one where you do require a warthog?

So... Is it still going to be $120?

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

Sierra Hotel!

Will the base use a "real" gimbal and have comparable accuracy/resolution? The base is my biggest single gripe with the Warthog right now.

I wouldn't put a direct contact friction gimbal on a 15$ piece of crap if you ask me. So yes, real gimbal with roller bearings, fully adjustable and separate forces for pitch and roll and oil dampers.

Would you sell a grip with switches, but without electronics?

If so what is the thread size and pitch of the Warthog connector ?

Yes, including all the hats, buttons and switches. Everything will be available as a separate buy, for anyone interested in making their own hotas.

M36x2 but google that to make sure, I just have it modeled, but forgot.

So, in this regard, will you be making/selling both independant and dependant units? I.e. a grip where you don't require a warthog (standalone), and one where you do require a warthog?

Yes. Everything is designed "Lego" style. Pick the parts you want and put them together.

So... Is it still going to be $120?

The grip alone, yes. The base would be another purchase. My goal is for the whole set (grip+base and throttles+base) to be below the price range of the warthog.