F-18 grip, WARTHOG compatible

Interesting product. I have no interest in the F-18 joystick but it looks superb.... A high quality base is a different story though.

Especially if you did an apache grip for it (D or E of course)!

Very interesting... I wish you luck.

PS will the base use the Thrustmaster electronics and work as a mod?

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Can't wait to see the first prototype built!! I'm ordering a Warthog as soon as these grips are available for sale

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

Looks very tempting.

I would love to have a f18 stick.

I can say this is one of the most exciting DIY Projects and use of 3d printer i have seen.

I still have to look up information in this thread but will there be a programmable software and drivers for windows?

For joy, for joy!

Hegykc you owe me a new keyboard. I drooled all over mine from those pics and now it's erratic.:smilewink:

Edited by Chief1942
Correct link

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

This is looking fantastic. I was very disappointed with the Warthog and am currently using just the throttle together with the G940 stick. So your news about your own base is very exciting to me.

What I like about the G940 is the force feedback for realistic trimming. Do you have any plans to add a force management system to your base?

I would also be very interested in a ground mounted base and a stick that bends over the seat (I have an Obutto seat) helicopter-sytle. Any plans in this direction?

I wouldn't put a direct contact friction gimbal on a 15$ piece of crap if you ask me. So yes, real gimbal with roller bearings, fully adjustable and separate forces for pitch and roll and oil dampers.

Nice! One last question (I don´t want to keep you away from working on this awesome project!), since the F-18 grip has 2 buttons less than the Warthog grip, will the WH grip still work with your base (in other words, can I simply replace the base and keep the grip)?

Edited by Viersbovsky

Callsign "Lion"

Things are looking good, glad you are still on track. Eurofighter set for me!

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

But wait, there's more...

The grip has a built in, two stage, fully adjustable 150 mm / 6 inch extension. That's "built in", as in "it's in the grip itself" :D

Along with a 30 degree twist offset. Everything on detents and fully adjustable.

4_zps3cdf3676.jpg~original

And the throttles will be re-worked so that the levers are a standalone piece, so once you install the levers on the warthog throttle base, you can disconnect and reconnect the throttle grips as you wish, without the need to go into the base each time.

Edited by hegykc
  • Like 1