F-18 grip, WARTHOG compatible

Who cares about the price for awesome? I have money and, if I need more, I know where they keep it. :D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Wow, nice work and I doubt you'll have any problems selling these!

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

I am desperately trying to shove my credit card through my monitor at you but sadly to no avail.

Silly man! That's what a flat bed scanner is for. :P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Can I pre-pre-order??

This grips set is the best thing ever might happen to simulation gear!!

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

Who cares about the price for awesome? I have money and, if I need more, I know where they keep it. :D

The entire contents of my bank account are at your disposal, sir. That looks awesome. I like the extending idea, but any play/wiggle whatsoever should be avoided! That might be tough to achieve.

Shhhh! This was announced as "affordabe". Don't give him ideas, :music_whistling: :lol:

On a serious note.

Hegykc, its great to hear that you figured out a way to keep this financially viable and scale production at the same time. Renders do look good.

I'm not sure how you plan on realizing the telescoping extension, but flex is serious concern. Iooking at the renders I don't see how this can be as stiff as solid piece

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

I'm not sure how you plan on realizing the telescoping extension, but flex is serious concern. Iooking at the renders I don't see how this can be as stiff as solid piece

The stages are metal. Once the height is adjusted, every stage is tightened down with a hex screw. Absolutely no wiggle/flex at all. I actually copied the system from my 3d printer that has adjustable build platform height on the exact same principle. And that thing is doing 0.002 inches accuracy.

Shhhh! This was announced as "affordabe". Don't give him ideas, music_whistling.gif lol.gif

Oh there's plenty more where those F-18 grips came from. I'll get your money, don't you worry about that :)

• Like 1

hegyck,

I this something you are doing as a "side job" or do you plan on getting into these things full time? It matters as wouldn't want to make a commitment and then have possible replacement parts to suddenly dry up. As we've all seen with Thrustmaster, things can change over time. Just asking.

PS Either way, you are most definitely going to get into my wallet:D

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Right now I'm financing everything myself, so I kinda need my day job. But as soon as this becomes self sustainable, out with the day job, and in with the simulation gear.

I'm a professional freelancer so it wouldn't be a big change. I can quit and get back to it any time I want.

Replacement parts is the major reason why this is taking longer then it should. I've made every single button, hat, cable, pcb, lever etc. detachable, replaceable and interchangeable.

And don't worry about me quitting this job. If I were to hit the mega jackpot tomorrow, first thing I'd do is buy more machines for this project. It's a passion and a creative outlet, I don't want to do this, I need to do this.

Edited by hegykc

Some progress. After wasting a whole week printing on wrong specifications I got from the manufacturer. Each of these prints is 3-6 hours so you can understand my frustration.

IMG_20150211_115909_zps89170a41.jpg~original

and that's just what I got on the table, there's about 10X more in the workshop. Today was the first day I got some semi-usable prints, after figuring out the settings myself.

Also, I have some crutial upgrade parts coming for the machine, that will allow me way more quality prints. And I have to do some modifications to the models. Everything looks fine enlarged on a 30" monitor, but once you print out a 20x30mm part you realize some details are microscopic in reality :doh:

Prototype electronics are starting to arrive, also about 1/10 of whats actually clogging my room, I'm becoming a full blown hoarder :D

IMG_20150211_120122_zpsbaf256d2.jpg~original

Chinese new year is in full swing so there will be some delays with coming parts also.

Actually molds for aluminum castings would be much easier to print, but since it's winter/snow time here for another month or so, that will have to wait. Molten metal and moisture don't mix well.

Edited by hegykc

You can cast metal inside a printed plastic mould ?

Or do you mean masters and cores ?

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

You are going to have to watch out for undercuts with the printed molds for pewter, but I expect you know that.

It's great to see your project finally coming to life...

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

Looking fantastic, once you get the Warthog ironed out I will be eagerly awaiting an upgrade to my X-55

Specifically high quality buttons all around and a stick not made for sasquatch hands.

If you could work out an adjustable hand rest for the stock X-55 stick it would sell like hot cakes.

Also cheap IR clips

FX-8320 8Gb R9-280 X-55 Opentrack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First successful print. With the last failed one, which I also managed to brake. The roughness is there because of some wrong settings and wrong orientation, and until I get my upgraded machine parts, and post print curing and treatment chamber.

Still, to the naked eye it looks completely smooth.

1_zpsb7fc4fbf.jpg~original

The main part, the biggest one, will have to wait until I get the settings just right. It's pretty close now.

Progress looking great, keep up the good work.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ohh..boy ...this is going real!

Now with the Warthog being throttle and stick being sold as standalones this will be sick!

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

Awesome man, even at this stage it's looking fantastic!

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "