64 bit only with update .24

Kroll

No.

Your answer is based on what?

The only definitive statement about 64 bit is right here.

As we move forward improving the DCS World environment, we are more and more often running into roadblocks that prevent us from doing so due to supporting 32 bit operating systems. This includes larger and more populated worlds with greater terrain mesh details and textures. By moving to 64 bit support only, we will be able solve this and allow larger missions with more units, and it will allow us to improve visual effects.

This change will be coming in the next few months.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=103090

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Also, will there be a way to not update when that change happens. So that 32bit users can play without upgrading the game.

If nothing else, you can currently choose not to update when prompted. There is also a way to tell the updater not to check but I don't recall the details off of the top of my head.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Better start planning an upgrade now, Windows Vista, 7 and 8, come in both 32/64 bit flavors, it's just a matter of getting a 64-bit ISO from MS, and using your License Key you already have to install it.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Better start planning an upgrade now, Windows Vista, 7 and 8, come in both 32/64 bit flavors, it's just a matter of getting a 64-bit ISO from MS, and using your License Key you already have to install it.

Wont work with all versions of windows, if you brought one of the early W7 builds keys were exclusive to 32bit or 64bit

Plus there is the option that his hardware might not be 64 bit enabled

If your still on 32 bit then please do yourself a favour and upgrade to at least Win 7 64 or better or plan too soon!

I was able to run BS and A10C but not without a lot of problems and poor frame rates on my old PC. I too resisted upgrading just for the sake of it but when I did not only did all DCS modules run a hell of a lot better with much better frame rates and stability, everything else on my PC did too.

It really is a great and pretty cheap PC upgrade and all your sims and applications will run better.

Hawk_5

Modules:

A10C, BS2, FC3, P51, CA, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2

System:

Gigabyte GA-X79UP4 MB, intel 3930k, Coolermaster Siedon 120M liquid cooled, Corsair Vengence Red 16GB 2133Mhz, Gigabyte Geforce GTX680 2GB Super o'clk, intel 520 SSD 240GB,

Seagate Barracuda 2TB HD, Coolermaster Silent Pro 800W PS, Coolermaster CM690 II Case

Most CPUs are x64 bit, so it is just a matter of upgrading Windows.

You should consider he might have hardware which has no 64-bit drivers... though it is rare, it is not unheard of.

Ok, I doubt a normal home PC does have this kind of hardware, but it is a good idea to check for 64-bit drivers BEFORE installing :D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

What's the answer? Yes or NO? Anybody? If 32bit isn't going to be supported, then why wasn't this communicated earlier?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1726539&postcount=4

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

as you saw: YES :doh:

from c0ff (ED Team)

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?p=1726539#post1726539

64 bit only ?

my guess: maybe about Xmas with EDGE :P with 1.2.7

Thanks, saw the yeah but no but yeah that's why I edited my post, appeared to be an over-reaction without checking first :-) ; you chaps are too quick though :cry: Makes sense to eventually go for 64bit only, just thought I would be spending shed loads of money before getting my hands on the update and the Huey.

as you saw: YES :doh:

from c0ff (ED Team)

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?p=1726539#post1726539

64 bit only ?

my guess: maybe about Xmas with EDGE :P with 1.2.7

Maybe announced then with actual release a few months later :D

Edge will be a major upgrade so will probably be 2.0

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

Plus there is the option that his hardware might not be 64 bit enabled

If the hardware meets the DCS World system requirements, it is 64-bit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Hi guys, my system is old and due for a upgrade. That being said my system has been running really well since the last few patches. I understand they need to move on to 64bit. However, if I can milk this pig of a system a little longer, I will. The longer I wait the more the price will drop on the system I will buy. When COH2 comes out in June I will be running 64bit.

Hi guys, my system is old and due for a upgrade. That being said my system has been running really well since the last few patches. I understand they need to move on to 64bit. However, if I can milk this pig of a system a little longer, I will. The longer I wait the more the price will drop on the system I will buy. When COH2 comes out in June I will be running 64bit.

Good strategy - your money will only buy better hardware and you won't regret getting a good system for DCS World 64-bit!

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

If the hardware meets the DCS World system requirements, it is 64-bit.

hmmm, if you bought a 800 EUR professional audio production "soundcard" with multi I/O some ten years ago and don't get 64-bit drivers, because the manufacturer does want to sell his "new" expensive stuff, hardware compatibility might be an issue. As I said, it is rare... I decided long time ago to separate audio production and gaming rig, but it is quite expensive to have two performance hungry PCs to upgrade. Not everybody can afford that :smartass:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Sorry folks but : http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=103099 says clearly

"With version 1.2.3 now available, work is underway on version 1.2.4. The primary focus of this next version will be:

1 - Further improvements to network play and stability

2 - Coincide with the release of DCS: UH-1 Huey

3 - Improvements to air-to-air missile performance

4 - Changes and adjustments to beyond visual range combat systems

5 - Further GUI improvements

Moving to 64-bit Operating Systems Only"

Regards

Dave

Try quoting/reading the original post. It gets you more accurate results. That is two separate paragraphs.

With version 1.2.3 now available, work is underway on version 1.2.4. The primary focus of this next version will be:

1 - Further improvements to network play and stability

2 - Coincide with the release of DCS: UH-1 Huey

3 - Improvements to air-to-air missile performance

4 - Changes and adjustments to beyond visual range combat systems

5 - Further GUI improvements

Moving to 64-bit Operating Systems Only

As we move forward improving the DCS World environment, we are more and more often running into roadblocks that prevent us from doing so due to supporting 32 bit operating systems. This includes larger and more populated worlds with greater terrain mesh details and textures. By moving to 64 bit support only, we will be able solve this and allow larger missions with more units, and it will allow us to improve visual effects.

This change will be coming in the next few months.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=103090

Indeed but let's be clear about that:

They say they will be focused on 64-bit operation system only, but under that info there is wrote "This change will be coming in the next few months." So if I understand correctly the patch 1.2.4 will be relased in few months. Correct me if i am wrong here.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language

P.S. 2 - Im not here for flame and/or troll anyone so please relax

Regards

Dave