Huey wish list

ebabil

Hello,

Has real Huey rotor brake? DCS: Huey doesn't, does it?
Devrim, I'm not sure that the US Army Hueys have one rotor brake.

I searched on the Web and I've found these photos and there is no rotor brake:

http://focalplaneimagery.smugmug.com/Military-Rotary-wing-aircraft/23rd-Flying-Training-Squadron/3016458_m7wCqT/163831716_D9vWNKm#!i=176906240&k=VZtqJ9w

Or

http://focalplaneimagery.smugmug.com/Military-Rotary-wing-aircraft/23rd-Flying-Training-Squadron/3016458_m7wCqT/163831716_D9vWNKm#!i=163827684&k=nRbHNps

Or here to the chapter 10: UH-1E: USMC version of UH-1B, with rescue hoist, rotor brake, and USMC avionics. 250 built.

http://www.faqs.org/docs/air/avhuey.html

Here we can see a rotor brake:

IMGP5587_Bildgrendern.jpg

Here a link who show us a rotor brake schema: http://www.huey.co.uk/huey_servicebook.php

Rotor%20Brake%20Hydraulic%20System%2011-4.jpg

Bye, Skull.

-

- Add a winch. Want to see some fast-roping!

Not sure if you mean a winch and ability to fast rope, but the winch is not needed for fast rope, just rope and gloves.

Sorry if i have misunderstood.

Yes i would like to see a winch and the ability to fast rope (with animations and troops that become there own groups).

Edited by Rangi
my bad manners

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

we would like to know what plans belsimtek has for further development schedule. that is my wish

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Hello,

For me this Huey is very perfect, before my favorite helicopter was the Dodosim for FSX but now without problem the Huey from Belsimtek.

The only thing that I want is the Huey without weapons and without crew behind the pilot...

Once again a great thanks for Belsimtek team's for this awesome and incredible helicopter !!!

Skull.

Here's a slightly different request: decals for the Huey airframe (and not just the pilots). Throw the skinners a bone!

I would particularly like to see number decals (up to 3 digits) on the underside of the nose, left/right side between pilot door and cargo door, and medium and high positions on the tail (as is done on the new Flanker model).

Examples for front and side numbers:

VMO-6_zpse2325559.jpg

I would love to have decal surfaces for the upper nose, pilot and cargo doors, and the "band" area in front of the elevators as well, but being able to provide a helicopter number in the mission editor is most important.

-AI Door Gunner

-Visible Troops in the Back

-Visible "Ammo Crates" or something like that when you transport supplies

-Pilot and Door Gunner Camoflage depending on the Nation (for example German UH1 and the pilots and door gunner wearing Flecktarn)

-More Skins for the Pilots... how to say. Maybe a Female CoPilot or a Afro American Co Pilot. Something like this

-See the Characters in the Campaign (Redhead, General, the Pilot who got shoot down, Doc and Patient etc.)

For next update ( or final release )

I wish :

This to be corrected : the red lines are showing the actual mast/rotor attitude at neutral, rotor stopped, and in green how it should be. In real, it isn't fixed position of course as the teetering rotor is tilting up and down as it wants, but this virtual attitude always backward is really hurting the overall appearance.

1.thumb.jpg.f9685fa347a5f8d656e9726d71b243aa.jpg

TjHpCRY.thumb.jpg.d67fc2ea5eef1fbaf1970640ee94fd67.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

And a flare dispenser!

*corrected*

AFAIK, They did not have one.

Edited by cichlidfan
  • Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Instead of giving the door gunners AI which we all know ain't upto much at the moment.

Why not get some auto hover function going on say at 300 ft + - 10 ft tolerance zone which we can activate, then we can jump into the gunners seat lets us have control of yaw give it a count down of say 60 seconds only permitted before you either have to land and deploy or pull out cause its to hot and relocate.

I know we already have auto bank but with auto hover we could have some fun with the guns.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

They did not have one.
Sorry, you're wrong. As far as we're talking about US Army, and US National Guard Hueys:

M130.gif

It was called XM/M130, and they did had it, even was in operation use in South/Central America.

For current Hueys, there are also other dispensers available:

AF017.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If a place needs helicopters, it's probably not worth visiting." - Nick Lappos

My mistake. My Huey reading is pretty much all Vietnam era and I did not recall any mention of flares being used.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

In Vietnam the Striela threat came pretty late - just as the US forces were being withdrawn, but there was something like this:

ALE29.jpg

Supposed to be an AN/ALE-29 countermeasures dispenser adopted to be used on the raised bomb rack (like the used with auxiliary fuel tank or XM14 gun pod), but couldn't find more info or pictures on this thing, and it does look weird - maybe it's missing the charge chambers assembly...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If a place needs helicopters, it's probably not worth visiting." - Nick Lappos

In Vietnam the Striela threat came pretty late - just as the US forces were being withdrawn, but there was something like this:

Supposed to be an AN/ALE-29 countermeasures dispenser adopted to be used on the raised bomb rack (like the used with auxiliary fuel tank or XM14 gun pod), but couldn't find more info or pictures on this thing, and it does look weird - maybe it's missing the charge chambers assembly...

Interesting. Thanks for the enlightenment. :thumbup:

I would like to see a documentation for the "X:Cockpit clickable actions" etc. I simply have no idea what number represents which switch!

...and may be a triggerto check for a (side)door being opened.

The trigger for change internal cargo possible for MP Units, not just the host Helicopter?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Bring beer and pizza ;)

I simply spent last... 3 years reading about - actually about the Bravo model mostly.

Well, I agree. Your information is excellent.

Beer and pizza is a good deal!! :thumbup: