Huey wish list

ebabil

I would like to see a documentation for the "X:Cockpit clickable actions" etc. I simply have no idea what number represents which switch!

...and may be a triggerto check for a (side)door being opened.

The trigger for change internal cargo possible for MP Units, not just the host Helicopter?

There is an option to do that. They did it in their campaing missions. You might want to have a look there.

Best regards,

Jonathan

PS:

Having your gunner droping a smoke marker to mark something would be pretty neat too!

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

There is an option to do that. They did it in their campaing missions. You might want to have a look there.

Best regards,

Jonathan

PS:

Having your gunner droping a smoke marker to mark something would be pretty neat too!

No they do open the door when the chopper is landed with an clickable action (and this only affects the host 's chopper in MP).

I would like to check if the CLIENT has opened the Slidedoor, to trigger an action (troops embarking / disembarking etc.)

The change load action also affects the Host, only!:(

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Co-Pilot/auto-pilot:

It's just happened to me again that while on mission i jumped to the door gunner to get at some troops and my Co-Pilot decided to commit suicide and flew us into the mountain side. It's now turned to frustration as I have died like this a few times.

Could we please have a terrain avoidance type something added to the AI Co-Pilot to stop him flying into mountains, buildings and power-lines. Maybe have him turn or gain altitude. I've tried the orbit function but seems the AP randomly chooses a direction and size of orbit pattern more often than not resulting in death.

I'm guessing that with the advent of AI door gunners this will no longer be a problem since we will be able to stay firmly rooted to the pilot seat where we belong. So just as a thought... instead of having to give commands to them perhaps on opening the doors they can become "active" rather than having to be told "start shooting fools" and have the choice in the "special" options menu to turn on/off "smart AI" vs. "commanded AI" that way people who want more control over them can do so and others like me can just open the doors with a nice little voice over of "GET SOME!"

it's a wishlist... I can wish right.. lol

Right, same for me. Would it be possible?

1-Add AI pilot/co-pilot option in the special option tab

2-keep autopilot control in cheat section as is

3-remove "hint" display by default and add it as an option in the special option tab

4-if enable in option and activated, AI could controls:

4.a- Pilot or co-pilot (the one still alive) is you take gunner seat

4.b- Co-pilot if you give him controls and he's alive

4.c- Pilot if you take co-pilot seat and the pilot is alive

5-Add AI control activation key

6-Provide instructions to pilot/co-pilot through ICS

7-As pilot commander, through ICS, you can command you gunners to start/stop firing.

This is a small one and I actually am not sure if this is more of a UH-1H or a general thing.

I love the new kneeboard with all the additional pages, but how about putting the airports in an alphabetical order ?

That would make "finding" the desired airport easier and faster, as its name is the first thing you keep in mind.

MadCat

Would love to see detachable/mutlimonitor support. Not sure if this is a DCS function or something the Belsimtek crew can accomplish. For those of us with multi-monitor or MFDs, would love to be able to throw one of the more important gauges to it.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

So finished reading To The Limit by Tom Johnson, if you enjoyed ChickenHawk you will enjoy this one too.

http://www.amazon.com/To-The-Limit-Pilot-Vietnam/dp/0451222180

So in one of the last chapters the Cav had a major op and a lot of ships went down.

One comment he made was that when the heavy caliber NVA AA weapons got a fix on them they picked this up on the FM radios.

Without digging for the detail, I imagine these were radar type guided gun emplacements.

He said the FM radio would offer 2 warnings, one when the weapon picked you up and another a few seconds later when it had you locked and was actively tracking you.

If you were able to pick this up, when you heard the second warning (interference) you could bet that rounds were already incoming on your flight path and they would take evasive action, drop some alt if possible and turn 90.

Sounds like something that could be done in DCS.

He was talking of 37mm

edit: Just found the reference in the book.

He said the FM radio squeals loudly for 3 seconds, then stops for about 3 sec, then again squeals for 3 seconds. First one was target acquired, second one was speed/direction is now computed, at the end of the 3rd squeal rounds are incoming.

Interesting

Edited by Vlerkies

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

please let this guy be seen in first person also (with the obvious Ctrl+P to toggle him on off like in Ka50 and P51):

x5ln.jpg

please!!!! he is already animated etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Please! The GPS!!!! In the FACH and Argentinian Army use like this

Posted this suggestion twice before. Really hope they see it and make it happen. We operate the Huey in DCSW in modern scenario's most of the time. There should be an enforceable option in the ME to turn it off in order to create a Nam scenario for example.

A GPS strapped to the leg or attached to the dash or windscreen is already great!

'Frett'

This isn't a huge deal, but how about making the crew chiefs enlisted and not warrant officers. There's no such thing and it's really annoying. lol

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

This isn't a huge deal, but how about making the crew chiefs enlisted and not warrant officers. There's no such thing and it's really annoying. lol

LOL...as they say in Jump School...."Airborne....attention to detail....may save your life one day!" :megalol:

PS: I've never noticed that before. have to check it out now.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I think the AI door gunners is a must, as well as more options for the loadout (including more options for door guns)

I am also astounded by the knowledge of the huey a lot of people seem to have (lookin' at you, sundowner), there are some really great diagrams and photos in this thread.

Mast bumping. At the moment the rotors just break off and after a while the whole thing falls off, through the helo. Will realistic mast bumping be modeled in the final release, with sounds of the rotors hitting the mast and damage to the rotors?

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW

When flying this bird hard, the rotor often falls off. As it is now, it just falls through the body of the helicopter. Would be pretty cool if some collision detection and damage model was added to the rotor itself after it breaks off, maybe combined with boom strike modeling. After all, it happens very often, especially to people like me who cannot fly this thing properly. At all.

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW

Dudes, you really want the developper to spend dozens of hour of 3D modelling for damage as well as much coding for you clearly see how well the blades cut the tail boom, then throw into various shrapnells, the crew being shaken inside the cabin for a second due to huge rotor imbalance ...

This has really nothing to do in this flight sim, it's not a crash test simulation ...

More evident things such the rotor being canted backward ( as it shouldn't, or even cant forward ) would be more visually accurate

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

We already know that we get a clean version of the huey, that alone is great !

But I'd like to ask, concerning the picture of the clean version in the update section, why has the wire strike protection system been removed too?

This isn't just limited to military use, every owner can equip his/her ship with a WSPS which greatly increases safety and actually is quite common on helicopters operating in urban areas or where there are a lot of powerlines.

It may not be part of the standard equipment, but if I'd own a helicopter a WSPS would be a must.

Just an idea, let me know if you guys are absolutely against a WSPS on the clean version, it will be awesome nonetheless :thumbup:

MadCat

Edited by -=MadCat=-

Hey MadCat...I remember the WSPS on the aircraft we flew in the eighties. There was one on the roof and one between the chin bubbles on the bottom. They were designed to cut overhead electrical wires or guy wire of Radio towers, if you happened to fly into one while flying Nap of the Earth (NOE) and low level tactical. Those were helicopter killers...so that was the fix. It does make the UH-1H look formidable...like a couple of daggers (or fangs) jutting out of your war bird.

The forward edge was meant to break away if it stuck something without destroying the aircraft. On one practice mission in Germany, I was flying as co-pilot and we were practicing confinde area approaches...unfortunately the PIC chose a field that had been clear-cut of it's trees. From altitude the field looked like a good landing area. We started our approach and as soon as we got to an altitude of around 20-30 ft. AGL we notice it had stumps about 2 foot high.

Instead of calling off the approach, like he should have done, the PIC continued the approach. As we touched down, I heard a loud pop. I got out of the helicopter and saw the forward part of our WSPS was stuck in a stump (probably should have pulled it out as a souvenir but left it there) . We did a confined area take-off and when we returned to base and as we did our post flight walk around ...there it was...we had broken off the tip of our WSPS...needless to say maintenance was not amused (and neither was our commander).

Edited by flyer49

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

229th battalion, 1st Cavalry

i don't have time to read through 20 pages of replies LoL, so what i gather from the first post, i take it there is no way to have the door gunners fire on their own currently (as if they are active AI)? if so, then i'd like to add a +1 to that item on the wishlist. also, if thats added, there should at least be some kind of basic commands for them as well, like weapons free, cease fire, etc.

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.6 | BeQuiet DarkRockPro 3 | MSI GTX 980 | G.Skill 16GB 1866MHz | ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 | Samsung 840 Evo 250GB

Core i7 3610QM @2.3GHz | GTX 660M 2GB | 8GB 1600MHz | MSI GE-60 0ND laptop

i don't have time to read through 20 pages of replies LoL, so what i gather from the first post, i take it there is no way to have the door gunners fire on their own currently (as if they are active AI)? if so, then i'd like to add a +1 to that item on the wishlist. also, if thats added, there should at least be some kind of basic commands for them as well, like weapons free, cease fire, etc.

On it's way. :) http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=109960

:D

<3

thats great! i remember playing some kind of vietnam medevac game as a kid and that had AI door gunners that shot at ground troops and enemies. surely its not that hard to put in. i now can't wait for the final product! this is going to be awesome!

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.6 | BeQuiet DarkRockPro 3 | MSI GTX 980 | G.Skill 16GB 1866MHz | ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 | Samsung 840 Evo 250GB

Core i7 3610QM @2.3GHz | GTX 660M 2GB | 8GB 1600MHz | MSI GE-60 0ND laptop

Hey MadCat...I remember the WSPS on the aircraft we flew in the eighties. There was one on the roof and one between the chin bubbles on the bottom. They were designed to cut overhead electrical wires or guy wire of Radio towers, if you happened to fly into one while flying Nap of the Earth (NOE) and low level tactical. Those were helicopter killers...so that was the fix. It does make the UH-1H look formidable...like a couple of daggers (or fangs) jutting out of your war bird.

The forward edge was meant to break away if it stuck something without destroying the aircraft. On one practice mission in Germany, I was flying as co-pilot and we were practicing confinde area approaches...unfortunately the PIC chose a field that had been clear-cut of it's trees. From altitude the field looked like a good landing area. We started our approach and as soon as we got to an altitude of around 20-30 ft. AGL we notice it had stumps about 2 foot high.

Instead of calling off the approach, like he should have done, the PIC continued the approach. As we touched down, I heard a loud pop. I got out of the helicopter and saw the forward part of our WSPS was stuck in a stump (probably should have pulled it out as a souvenir but left it there) . We did a confined area take-off and when we returned to base and as we did our post flight walk around ...there it was...we had broken off the tip of our WSPS...needless to say maintenance was not amused (and neither was our commander).

:-), I love reading your experience Flyer49, keep'em flowing ! I have a very good friend who was in the ALAT, then FI then a great civilian career in off-shore business totalising a bit more than 18 000 hours now on various machines ( Bell 47, Alouette II&III, Dauphin,Piasecki H-21 Banana, Gazelle, Bell 206, Hughes 300, Puma, Lama, Ecureuil and many more that I forgot ... )

Each time he come eat at home, I really love to hear all his stories from all around the world, from Africa to America, through his military career here in France ... So I love to read also stories of similar character from overseas ;-)

Thanks for your input

Edited by Hueyman

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

• 2 weeks later...