Huey wish list

ebabil

At least taking use of a gunner and/or copilot AI which to shoot at the bad guys while you focus flying the bird, would be absolutely necessarily before other facts would take place!

Cheers!:thumbup:

Mistakes, obviously, show us what needs improving. Without mistakes, how would we know what we had to work on!

Making DCS a better place for realism.

Let it be, ED!

first, on the red controls indicator, the red pedal position marker at the bottom doesnt overlap the white marker when autopilot is engaged like the cyclic and collective do. i'd like to see that changed to where all red indicators overlap the white autopilot indicators.

second, when flying in the left seat, co-pilot seat, when you activate the flex sight the autopilot automatically engages. i would like to see that change. if i want the autopilot, ill engage it. don't make it do it for me.

third, flying in multi-player does not add flight hours to your logbook, at least for the huey it doesnt. i havent checked for the A-10 because i've been focusing on the Huey, but i probably have at least 12-15 hours in the huey right now from all the flying ive been doing. my logbook still only says just over 5 hours for the huey. i'd like to see that change too.

just some thoughts for the wishlist, minor details to polish the game, IMHO.

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.6 | BeQuiet DarkRockPro 3 | MSI GTX 980 | G.Skill 16GB 1866MHz | ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 | Samsung 840 Evo 250GB

Core i7 3610QM @2.3GHz | GTX 660M 2GB | 8GB 1600MHz | MSI GE-60 0ND laptop

oh! and also i would like a 101st paint job for the huey. i'm in the 101 and i think it'd be cool if i could fly around with old abe on the nose just like IRL

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.6 | BeQuiet DarkRockPro 3 | MSI GTX 980 | G.Skill 16GB 1866MHz | ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 | Samsung 840 Evo 250GB

...flying in multi-player does not add flight hours to your logbook...
Unfortunately multiplayer flights (for all modules - not only Huey) are not added to logbook. This is important problem for me too.

There's a mod thread for this. But it's not a full solution.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

multi-core cpu support and multi gpu (specifically crossfire) support. hardware is advancing so far ahead these days, for this game to only use 2 cores (from the research/info i've found) and not work well with crossfire, that really puts this game behind others, if you ask me.

Syncing with other pilots on multiplayer at the moment if you have your spotlight on other players will see it as on but it will point straight down and never move so they won't see what direction its really pointed in.

Once we get the slick, It could make for some decent co op SAR missions.

:joystick: YouTube :pilotfly:

TimeKilla on Flight Sims over at YouTube.

Hi there,

the DCS Huey is the best Huey Sim an ordinary mortal can get.

It feels good, it is fun to fly and the Huey looks great.

But it still has room for improvements.

- I´m missing vibrations in normal flight condition. Not severe vibs, but the Huey shakes permanently. The ETL Vibs are too severe. I know why BST made it so, but i do not think it is necessary.

- Some instruments should oszillate. The Airspeed indicator oszillates approx. +/- 2Knots at 90 KIAS, the torque indicator increases oszillation with increasing torque, approx. +/-1 psi at 50 psi.

- With rapid left cyclic the torque does increase, with rapid right cyclic the torque reduces, both momentarily only and in fwd flight.

Should be enough for now.

iFoxRomeo

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

When I watch a real Huey footage, what is the further from reality IMHO are the " plumpy " overall look of the virtual one, mainly due to it's mast being too backward ( dedicated thread already ... ) , a bit too high landing skids and the visual blade appearance of the pitch being way too coarse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO3C_lJhhrs

Other than that, it is one a hell of an impressive job they did, honestly

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

If this started before sorry.

we can share our ideas that can be implemented to our Huey.

-active ai door gunners

-rain drops on glasses

-visible troops in chopper , loading unloading

-sling loads

-rope operations like special forces

-slick versions

-medevac version (visual medic operations/animations )

-coast guard versions (smilar visual actions as medevac)

+1

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

We already know that we get a clean version of the huey, that alone is great !

But I'd like to ask, concerning the picture of the clean version in the update section, why has the wire strike protection system been removed too?

This isn't just limited to military use, every owner can equip his/her ship with a WSPS which greatly increases safety and actually is quite common on helicopters operating in urban areas or where there are a lot of powerlines.

It may not be part of the standard equipment, but if I'd own a helicopter a WSPS would be a must.

Just an idea, let me know if you guys are absolutely against a WSPS on the clean version, it will be awesome nonetheless :thumbup:

MadCat

+1 would love to see the WSPS added to the clean version. It's already been modeled so hopefully it's an easy addition for the final release.

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

• 2 weeks later...