FSX/P3D News ONLY (not discussion)

Reaper26

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the PMDG 777 can wait lol. I just go the A2A Cessna 172. What a brilliant little machine. They modeled it so you actualy need to do a walk around and check cables/oil/fuel etc. Even when you not playing FSX (even if your computer is not even turned on) things will degrade, oil will age and bolts will go "missing" etc.

Even the little optional portable GPS will run out of battery power if you forget to turn it off when you leave the aircraft/game.

It has native support for the RealityXP Gps if you have it.

They out did themselves again.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the text from the email I received this morning.

The aim of the product is to resolve the issues that cause some add on scenery to appear grey in Microsoft Flight Simulator X DX10 Preview mode. It can also assist with add on aircraft that similarly appear grey but support in this case is more limited and has limitations when it comes to night lighting.

Additionally it bundles all the DX10 fixes that have been published to the Avsim Library into a combined easy to install package. This includes the flashing runway fix, disappearing bridges fix, Virtual Cockpit shadow improvements and more.

Legacy Scenery

The scenery that appears grey always does so from dusk till dawn, it appears normal during daylight hours. Scenery that behaves in this manner uses the FS8 BGL format rather than the XML BGL format introduced for FS9 and FSX. This older scenery format is sometimes called ASM or SCASM. Although it is a legacy file format many scenery designers continue to prefer it even for new FSX scenery as it gives more conditional control of when objects are drawn. Throughout this manual I will refer to this style of scenery as legacy to distinguish it from scenery that uses the FSX SDK.

Legacy Aircraft

Aircraft that use the FS8 BGL format in their model typically appear grey all the time. FS8 aircraft may separately have issues with incompatible textures which cause small elements such as wheels to be missing altogether. Throughput this manual I will refer to these aircraft as legacy aircraft to distinguish them from aircraft that use the FSX SDK.

Bundled Fixes

• Progressive Taxi

• Improved VC Shadows

• Bridges Appear at Night

• Runways that don't Flicker

• Water Tone Closer to DX9

New Fixes

• Rain/Snow Similar to DX9

• Hight Definition Jet VC Shadows

• Red Lattice Towers

• FTX Global Lights

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...
Friday, October 4, 2013

F-35 Lightning II Version 2.30 (Limited Introduction)

Image39.jpg

Here is the much awaited F-35 update for FSX:Acceleration which also supports the Tacpack (version 1.4.0.8 or later required).

For the moment, it will only be available on this blog - in order to check it works correctly. Most likely there will be bandwith issues with Google Drive... anyway, as soon as it is confirmed that it works as it should, it will be uploaded at the usual repositories too.

REVISION HISTORY

Version 2.30

October 4th 2013

Added basic Tacpack Support (requires Vertical Reality Simulation's Tacpack module)

Added Tacpack compatible weapons (Cannon, AIM-9X, AIM-120C, GBU-31, GBU-10, GBU-12, JSOW, MK-84, Mk-83, MK82)

Added Tacpack A/A functions: Az/El search and L&S designation, Gun (Gun Director and Funnel modes), Sidewinders launch (Visual Boresight and Radar Slaved), Slammer launch (Visual Boresight and Radar Slaved).

Added Tacpack A/G functions: TOO mode, AUTO release, MANual release, CCIP mode.

Added Miscellaneous Tacpack functions: NVGs, Working RWR, Chaffs, Flares, In-flight Refuel.

Added Weapons Configurator

Added miscellaneous custom keystrokes

Added sonic-boom effects

Added anti-skid for wheels

Minor tweaks to very low speeds

Minor tweaks to roll rate

Added AF-01 and BF-01 textures

Minor improvements to -B and -C versions texture sets

Added Warlords tail art

Fixed weapon loads token weights mistakes

Added test flight nose probe (triggered by pilot weight – set it to 201 lbs and it will show)

Improved afterburner effects

Added heat shimmer effects

NOTE: FROM THIS RELEASE (2.30) A LIMITED INTEGRATION WITH VERTICAL REALITY SIMULATION IS PROVIDED. VRS TACPACK VERSION 1.4.0.8 OR LATER IS REQUIRED FOR FULL FUNCTIONALITY, BUT IT IS NOT MANDATORY FOR AICRAFT OPERATION.

Saw this on FSDT....AWESOME. The only issue is we are waiting on the release of the next Tacpack patch from VRS and once that is sorted combat will be possible with this awesome group of addons.

http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/2013/10/f-35-lightning-ii-version-230-limited.html

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Saw this on FSDT....AWESOME. The only issue is we are waiting on the release of the next Tacpack patch from VRS and once that is sorted combat will be possible with this awesome group of addons.

http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/2013/10/f-35-lightning-ii-version-230-limited.html

Tried it and its not bad but VC is not great..thats what you get with freeware;)

• 2 weeks later...

Dino's new Cat is up (V2.10)

Change log is as follows:

-added weapon models: AIM-9, AIM-7, AIM-54, GBU-31, GBU-10, GBU-12, Mk.82, Mk.83, Mk.84 (weight dependant, see manual)

-added Lantirn Pod model

-fixed tailhook design

-fixed taileron pivot position

-fixed miscellaneous texturing errors

-changed RIO-cockpit 3D model geometry (now correctly mimics a typical F-14D Rio Station)

-fixed wheel anti-skid function

-revised RIO displays functionalities and graphics

-addeed landing gear kneel animation when launch bar retracts

-fixed RIO station fuel indicators

-Added limited integration with Vertical Reality Simulations Tacpack package version 1.4.0.9 or above (see below)

-Added Weapons Systems Reference Document for Tacpack Functionalities

-Added Weapons Configurator for Tacpack weapons

-Partial rework of sound cues

-Reworked engine performance in attept to achive a more realistic behavior

-Improved special effects (a/B, heat shimmer)

-Minor changes to roll rate and general handling for realism

-Added Miscellaneous Repaints courtesy of Jiri Soukup and Groom Lake Simulations.

http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/

Thinking about this month (October) aircraft purchase. Help me decide please!

I've loaded up and want to hear your opinions on Aerosoft's Huey X for FSX

huey_x_3d_engl_neu_200.jpg

and Classic Hangars Focke-Wulf 190 also for FSX.

flight1_fw190a_3d_engl_200.jpg

Thinking about the Huey but the mentioning of VRS not happening with this chopper is repulsive to me. What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 2 weeks later...
Haha!! Mower you KILL ME!!! I would of bet my life you would NEVER...EVER,Say anything Positive about FSX!! But you are correct,The VRS Super Hornet is AMAZING!!!

I have always been ready and willing to admit when I am mistaken, the result of having been married for 10+ years. :megalol:

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

One of the coolest vids ever for the topic.

For those wanting their hardcore SuperHornet fix, if you have FSX with Acceleration, you ought ot seriously ponder the VRS TP and SHornet...with FSX@War coming, and the option to fly anywhere in the world, it's worth a look.

Flew a training hop at CYOD to the Jimmy Lake Range one day, another day CV trapping down in Key West, then over to a Weapons Range in Germany, all online.

I have always been ready and willing to admit when I am mistaken, the result of having been married for 10+ years. :megalol:

:shocking:

I have done the same Mower. Also added ORBX FTX Global scenery and Mirramar MCAS, it sure is good. The F/A-18 Superbug's flight model is different from all other FSX aircrafts I have tried. I also have a dedicated server running with FSX Tacpack.

Side track for a moment...check out the hot babe fighter pilot in this very cool vid:

Capture_zpsf0c44ca4.png

Really stoked about the DCS Hornet, but for now, here are some shots from FSX VRS TP F18...

2013-10-6_11-32-40-123_zpsc4f91ad3.png

2013-10-16_22-49-57-711_zps0baa787c.png

2013-2-19_18-54-43-817_zps733a3446.png

2013-2-19_18-50-37-901_zpsee39cfbe.png

2013-2-9_19-38-55-72_zps13e442da.png

2013-1-16_16-7-22-386_zps9c6a86c1.png

2013-1-24_22-7-39-314_zps6ffb9443.png

2013-1-9_21-3-54-376_zpsc680c0f9.png

2013-1-9_22-20-42-371_zpsb2da91d5.png

Edited by Mower

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Copied from other thread:

Every time you guys talk about it I consider buying that VRS thing.

But then I remember that I would have to buy sceneries and stuff for thousands of dollars to make FSX pretty enough to fly around the globe, and also that you can't properly use your weapons in FSX, and then I decide not to do it.

Questions:

- Can it do aerial refueling?

- Does the radar work?

- And can we finally launch from a carrier at the start of a mission?

- what Addons are a must when using this aircraft so I can get the maximum fun out of it?

- Is it really that hard to setup? I read that a few times.

...I might consider buying it. Again. biggrin.gif

Questions:

- Can it do aerial refueling? Yes

- Does the radar work? Yes, A2A and A2G

- And can we finally launch from a carrier at the start of a mission? Not yet but yes with FSX@War

- what Addons are a must when using this aircraft so I can get the maximum fun out of it? Long list, but most are here (http://vlso.blogspot.ca/)

- Is it really that hard to setup? I read that a few times. Not really

...I might consider buying it. Again. biggrin.gif

Cheers.

Should you buy it?

Dunno.

But I will say this: I am a hard guy to impress with flight sims and I was on the fence about this for a year, most of 2012 until I made the purchase last week of Dec 2012. You got to get both the Tacpack and SuperHornet, so its like $80 together. And recall you also need FSX Acceleration.

Im all about the HARDCORE combat flight sim experience and if you want the SuperHornet that way right now this is the only option IMHO, especially to fly it online. FSX@War, might, just might, make this a viable hardcore online tactical combat sim.

Regardless, the CV ops are a blast for now and just learning the jet and working the ranges online, prepping for combat with FSX@War.

It is still being actively developed and support is outstanding, best I have ever seen.

Online manual is here:

http://forums.vrsimulations.com/support/index.php/TacPack_Documentation

Edited by Mower

Thanks a lot!

One word of caution:

You likely already understand this but I will say it anyhow...

FSX must run well on your system for this run well of course. :)

Freeware jets in this video are here:

http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.ca/

Edited by Mower

Nice video!

I think I'll install FSX on my new rig once I'm home, and then try some of my newer addons to see how it runs. Most of them (except my Citation Mustang payware) ran fairly well on my old rig, which was considerably slower than my new one (it was 4 years old). So I'm really curious. FSX is not exactly known for running smoothly regardless of how fast the PC is...

I don't have any scenery addons except VFR Germany south. I'll do a plain install of FSX gold and just add some planes.

My stats now btw:

- GPU: Palit GTX770 2GB

- CPU: Intel i5 4670

- RAM 16GB Corsair

- Board: ASUS ZX87

- SSD: Samsung 840 Series, 250GB

- HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black

- Monitors: 1x Samsung 27", 2x Lilliput 8" Touchscreen, 1x21" 4:3 (Hanns G)

- Saitek pro flight combat rudder pedals

- Logitech G940

- TrackIR5

Nice video!

Did you see this one?

I think you and I are roughly equal for pc specs, I too am upgrading in Nov, for FSX, CPU power is King.

I chose the Haswell i5 because nowadays it is the other way round with most games. Might be a disadvantage here. We'll see how it runs.

Currently running:

Windoze 7 ultimate 64 bit

i920/2.65 overclocked to 3.9

Cooler Master V8 CPU cooler

EVGA x58 mobo

6 GB OCZ 1600 speed DDR3 ram

EVGA 470 GTX o/c to 750/1500/1800 (no more bottlenecks!)

2x 24" widescreens

Saitek x65/Saitek rudders

TIR 4

I looked at the Haswell but will be going with an i5 Ivy because my ver2 SSDs wont work with Haswell and o/c is better on the Ivy, where stock performance between the 2 is near par. Good choice not wasting money on the i7 BTW, no game/sim I know of uses HT and it just means more heat for an overclocker.