Dynamic Medevac Script

Ok, there was a BLueMASH#1 #001 misnomer, that caused that error.

Also, balancing infantry is tricky. I added two red groups and made the blue group without(!) M249 heavy Machineguns. They devastate the red troops in seconds!

Bad thing is the AI results are quite unpredictable in a fight. Sometimes blue wipes out both red troops, more often some blue troops survive, but also red wipes out blue if blue has a bad start...

This won't matter much in a firefight, yet you need to balance troops and compostion, as it might happen that blue survivors are dead if you arrive... the realities of war! Sometimes you loose, sometimes the enemy wins! :D

We play with the suppression fire script. It is awesome. Also we work with ground commanding, with CA.

You know in automatic advance they stop when they see an enemy. So, very often, they only loose few members but not al the squad. Also we usually advance one squad, while other, is doing suppresion fire, and if possible, helicopters covering ... so it is not so difficult to loose just few members to a succesful extraction

For me it works perfect with infantry. I need to check it further to see if is there any bugs...

Edited by ESAc_matador

• 3 weeks later...

I just finished another feature: Maximum units are now dependent on the loadout of the helicopter. I already made a pull request and tested the feature in single player, the big test will be on Sunday.

Supported helicopters are both the UH-1H and Mi-8.

I just finished another feature: Maximum units are now dependent on the loadout of the helicopter. I already made a pull request and tested the feature in single player, the big test will be on Sunday.

Supported helicopters are both the UH-1H and Mi-8.

Great work Audax! Thanks!

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Hi everybody. I need a way to set the spawned survivor groups to "ROE = Weapons Hold" or whatever is necessary to prevent them from shooting at enemy troops!

In the original script I added that to the Group that was created as a task. With ciribobs rewrite that was missing and I try to reintroduce the feature.

I have found this http://wiki.hoggit.us/view/DCS_option_roe

but can't figure out how to use it...

My best seemingly not working attempt was producing a scripting error: 00110.583 ERROR SCRIPTING: Error while handling event [string "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\/~mis000032BD"]:586: Parameter #1 (option name) missed

What I tried looks like this:

medevac.addSpecialParametersToGroup = function(_spawnedGroup)

-- Immortal code for alexej21
  local _setImmortal = {
     id = 'SetImmortal',
     params = {
        value = true
     }
  }
  -- invisible to AI, Shagrat
  local _setInvisible = {
     id = 'SetInvisible',
     params = {
        value = true
     }
  }
  [b]-- holdFire!!! Invisible Killers! Shagrat
local _setWeaponsHold = {
	  id = 'AI.Option.Ground.id.ROE',
	  params = {
		 value = 'AI.Option.Ground.val.ROE.WEAPON_HOLD'
	  }
   }[/b]

local _controller = _spawnedGroup:getController()

if (medevac.immortalcrew) then
     Controller.setCommand(_controller, _setImmortal)
  end

if (medevac.invisiblecrew) then
     Controller.setCommand(_controller, _setInvisible)
  end

[b]  if (medevac.crewholdfire) then
     Controller.setOption(_controller, _setWeaponsHold)
  end[/b]
end

Any ideas?:huh:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Try: _controller:setOption(AI.Option.Ground.id.ROE, AI.Option.Ground.val.ROE.WEAPON_HOLD)

Yup I've got that in my other script and that works fine :)

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD/blob/master/CTLD.lua#L1817

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Thanks!:cheer3nc: That works... why isn't there a syntax guide with some f...ing EXAMPLES from ED ? :hmm:

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Thanks!:cheer3nc: That works... why isn't there a syntax guide with some f...ing EXAMPLES from ED ? :hmm:

http://wiki.hoggit.us/view/DCS_func_setOption

http://wiki.hoggit.us/view/DCS_option_roe

Official ED wiki was on lockdown for a while, not even ED did much editing to it even though they were the only people who could. The developer created pages "part 1" and "part 2" were the only documentation for a long time. Eventually I got around to formatting it all completely differently over on the hoggit wiki. I skipped a lot of examples because I wanted to the basic information to be there and didn't want to create a bad example working only on memory. I haven't taken the time to go back through and make detailed examples yet.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

http://wiki.hoggit.us/view/DCS_func_setOption

http://wiki.hoggit.us/view/DCS_option_roe

Official ED wiki was on lockdown for a while, not even ED did much editing to it even though they were the only people who could. The developer created pages "part 1" and "part 2" were the only documentation for a long time. Eventually I got around to formatting it all completely differently over on the hoggit wiki. I skipped a lot of examples because I wanted to the basic information to be there and didn't want to create a bad example working only on memory. I haven't taken the time to go back through and make detailed examples yet.

Sorry Grimes, that wasn't addressed to you. I totally appreciate your work and the private effort you put in.

Without the hoggit pages I couldn't find a single function :D

Shagrat

• 3 weeks later...
In my mission there is no player on red side. I already set the survivability of red crews to 0%, but that does not seem to affect red pilots. Is there a way to change that without going too deep into the script?

You can use the the option below to turn off SAR:

medevac.sar_pilots = true

But it applies to both RED and BLUE, which probably isn't what you want but i'll look into changing that.

I've got some changes planned for this script but I'm not around much for the next few weeks but i'll get round to it eventually!

• 1 month later...

Is this script still getting attention? And of the 3 repo's I discovered in the last 10 or so pages in this thread, is it ciribob's, shagrat's or audax's repo thats keeping the up to date / confirmed working changes?

-16AGR- 16th Air Guards Regiment is always looking for pilots - http://www.16agr.com

EWRS - Early Warning Radar Script

Specs:

Gigabyte Sniper Z5-S

Intel i5-4670k 3.4GHz OC'd 3.9GHz w/ Thermaltake 120mm Water 3.0 Pro Liquid CPU Cooler

16GB RAM

Gigabyte GTX 1080

TM Hotas Warthog: SN: 06976

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

TrackIR5 with TrackClipPro & Oculus Rift

2x 28" 4k UHD Monitors (3840x2160 each) + 1280x1024

The official, as in working and in line with the manual for the script, use ciribobs. It is the master, where we try to integrate new tested and unspecific features and changes.

My cloned repo is basically the same as Audax's. Both are used to keep our specific version (MASHs and Medevac names tweaked to one of our missions, and parameters tweaked, etc.) So you can try our version from shagrat's repo, but need to check and adapt the settings and names most likely.

Another difference is the messages that I changed to a more "modern military style" in my script. Not perfect, yet, but getting there.

In addition Audax added the "Munition and armament" calculation to the shagrat repo, which is calculating the transport capabilities for wounded based on armament, so a slick or Mi-8 can load much more troops than a fully armed gunship Huey! Nice, but yet WIP!

It calculates the max load when first taking off, yet whenever you change loadouts after first take off you currently need to recalculate manually through the F10 menu.

Also, be aware this feature only works for Huey and Mi-8 for currently available weapons. If updates change or add weapon types this may break.

Finally I added an option to have infantry groups spawn "wounded" after a certain percentage died.

Which is not merged into ciribob's script, yet. Though it pretty much works OK.

Audax' implementation for beacons to the script (available in all versions), is more or less WIP. Beacons have issues in MP sessions, that is DCS related and cannot be fixed in the script, so you may want to set medevac.radioBeaconChance = 0 until this is fixed.

If you have specific questions to our (Audax/Shagrat) version, drop me PM or ask here, I'll try to help...

Shagrat

Yes, I found that parameter, but I wanted SAR on for blue pilots. Would be nice to have.

Actually with nearly 40°C outside, I also do not start the PC at home..so no need to hurry :D

Hmm, I need to have a look at that, shouldn't be too difficult with a parameter, yet I currently have very limited time...

Shagrat

The official, as in working and in line with the manual for the script, use ciribobs. It is the master, where we try to integrate new tested and unspecific features and changes.

My cloned repo is basically the same as Audax's. Both are used to keep our specific version (MASHs and Medevac names tweaked to one of our missions, and parameters tweaked, etc.) So you can try our version from shagrat's repo, but need to check and adapt the settings and names most likely.

Another difference is the messages that I changed to a more "modern military style" in my script. Not perfect, yet, but getting there.

In addition Audax added the "Munition and armament" calculation to the shagrat repo, which is calculating the transport capabilities for wounded based on armament, so a slick or Mi-8 can load much more troops than a fully armed gunship Huey! Nice, but yet WIP!

It calculates the max load when first taking off, yet whenever you change loadouts after first take off you currently need to recalculate manually through the F10 menu.

Also, be aware this feature only works for Huey and Mi-8 for currently available weapons. If updates change or add weapon types this may break.

Finally I added an option to have infantry groups spawn "wounded" after a certain percentage died.

Which is not merged into ciribob's script, yet. Though it pretty much works OK.

Audax' implementation for beacons to the script (available in all versions), is more or less WIP. Beacons have issues in MP sessions, that is DCS related and cannot be fixed in the script, so you may want to set medevac.radioBeaconChance = 0 until this is fixed.

If you have specific questions to our (Audax/Shagrat) version, drop me PM or ask here, I'll try to help...

Sounds good. Might take a look at them all, considering the changes to each.

Thanks for taking the time to give a detailed reply, and thank you to all 3 of you for your (continuing) work and RagnarDa for the initial concept and getting the ball rolling.

-16AGR- 16th Air Guards Regiment is always looking for pilots - http://www.16agr.com

EWRS - Early Warning Radar Script

Specs:

Gigabyte Sniper Z5-S

Intel i5-4670k 3.4GHz OC'd 3.9GHz w/ Thermaltake 120mm Water 3.0 Pro Liquid CPU Cooler

16GB RAM

Gigabyte GTX 1080

TM Hotas Warthog: SN: 06976

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

TrackIR5 with TrackClipPro & Oculus Rift

2x 28" 4k UHD Monitors (3840x2160 each) + 1280x1024

I've got a cut down branch of this script with working Radio Beacons so i'll try and integrate that soon.

Eventually I want to integrate the new pilot rescue dynamics I have in a separate script into this one as well.

Not had much time lately to work on this script but its not been abandoned :)

• Like 1

New Version: 6.1

I've added a new version and fixed some minor bugs

Change Log

• New Radio ADF Script - To use you must add beacon.ogg to your mission!
  • New Configuration options
  • Made the space calculation for troops based on loadout optional
  • F10 commands now under a sub menu
  • New F10 Command - Request Signal Flare - Pops a flare from the closest wounded group if they're within 1KM
  • New F10 Command - Check onboard status - lists wounded onboard and time remaining to get them to a MASH
  • Minor bug fixes and formatting changes

Link: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-Medevac

Click Download Zip to download. Sample mission included and fully updated

Wow, Ciribob, that looks great! Thanks for continuing to work on this for all of us. Looking forward to giving it a spin.

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

• 1 month later...
Just tried this, I couldnt get the slot to be blocked but the ADF and collection aprts worked great!

As that's the other CSAR script that does that. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Add Pickup by Hover?

Been having a great time with this awesome script. I am rescueing wounded from all over the map and it has been great for practicing landings in different terrains.

So I thought I would try some water rescues. Using the Life Raft from Ranger79 mod pack (great mod http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=121620 ) I'am able to inject a wounded just fine and I can pick him up by "kissing the water " with the wheels of the Mi8, well some of the time.:music_whistling:

I was wondering if it would be possible to add the pickup by hover to the script, like your CSAR script.?

Thanks for your great work.

Been having a great time with this awesome script. I am rescueing wounded from all over the map and it has been great for practicing landings in different terrains.

So I thought I would try some water rescues. Using the Life Raft from Ranger79 mod pack (great mod http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=121620 ) I'am able to inject a wounded just fine and I can pick him up by "kissing the water " with the wheels of the Mi8, well some of the time.:music_whistling:

I was wondering if it would be possible to add the pickup by hover to the script, like your CSAR script.?

Thanks for your great work.

I'll have a look, shouldn't be too hard to transfer over! I'll probably have to make it so you can only winch a wounded group that only has one injured unit but that should work fine for what you're using it for. :)