DCS: F-18C

Silver_Dragon

No official word on a release date yet.

I don't think it would be this year though but don't quote me on this.

I'm waiting for the F-18 to have more options missions

I am already starting to get unwilling to fly of dcs, they take too long to add new aircrafts and functions

37608667.jpg

I made the exact same expression when I saw this thread :lol:

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

I'm waiting for the F-18 to have more options missions

I am already starting to get unwilling to fly of dcs, they take too long to add new aircrafts and functions

You could always take a break and come back at a later time? I did so a few months ago.

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You could always take a break and come back at a later time? I did so a few months ago.

My dream is que dcs become a major producer, launch new modules short time

I think it's easier I win the lotto, than dcs make new modules in a short time

sadly I think not become reality :(

Edited by Voodoo-chacal

My dream is que dcs become a major producer, launch new modules short time

sadly I think not become reality :(

Look mate I totally agree witch'ya. I reckon know a little 'bout these developmint cycles, and basically the base code's already done innit?

Wot's holding ED up fer-cryin-out-loud!?

E.g. 'n my point in case ...

1. The AIR is already dunne
  2. The CLOUDZ is already dunne
  3. The GROUND is already dunne
  4. The BULLITS is already dunne
  5. The BULLIT DUST SPURTS .. already dunne (say no more ... say no more!)
  6. The SOUNDS is already dunne too (2nd e.g. - WHISTLIN' WIND, INJUN START etc etc .. is ALL already dunne!

SO all ED have to do is to draw new jets'nshit .. an I want my F-18 too bro .. it's pretty easy to draw. I drawn it on paper all the time .. but you gotta draw it in 3D .. using C++ an Blender n'shit ..

How long does it take using Blender? You guys usin' Blender aint'cha?

P.S. Shoulda been a point in between the GROUND an tha BULLITS ... is the flippin' MISSILSE have already been dunne ... but maybe ED need to do a bit more work in this departement cause we all no the missails are PEE-OH-AR-KAY ed man (that spells P.O.R.K.-ed in case you was wunderin hahaha) cause they stuffed up the Blender IMO .. wot virshun of Blender you guys usin'?

Edited by Teapot

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Yeah, that's what I do with all my games. Works pretty well.

Look mate I totally agree witch'ya. I reckon know a little 'bout these developmint cycles, and basically the base code's already done innit?

6. The SOUNDS is already dunne too (2nd e.g. - WHISTLIN' WIND, INJUN START etc etc .. is ALL already dunne!

SO all ED have to do is to draw new jets'nshit .. an I want my F-18 too bro .. it's pretty easy to draw. I drawn it on paper all the time .. but you gotta draw it in 3D .. using C++ an Blender n'shit ..

P.S. Shoulda been a point in between the GROUND an tha BULLITS ... is the flippin' MISSILSE have already been dunne ... but maybe ED need to do a bit more work in this departement cause we all no the missails are PEE-OH-AR-KAY ed man (that spells P.O.R.K.-ed in case you was wunderin hahaha) cause they stuffed up the Blender IMO .. wot virshun of Blender you guys usin'?

:megalol:

Yo da man brotha, yo da man!:D

Finally a thread where I can answer without thinking !

16th of may

:lol::lol:

And Double :lol::lol::D

You two made my day! Can't rep you :(

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Well I would hazard a guess that it started long before they publicly announced it. A lot of hard work goes into these modules which takes time. I doubt very much they would get our hopes up before having even started. The F-18 will be a very popular add on and they will want to do it right.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

After reading this >The next such "DCS" title will be F/A-18C.< I am just wondering if work on this has even started yet?

I know they are busy with other things, it's just this has been talked about a lot, so I was just wondering that's all.

Yes it will have been, as will the other 2 modules they announced.

However I wouldnt expect to see the F18C until the spring in Beta at the earliest

Pman

ED / Wags has mentioned once that until a certain stage of development has not been reached yet, a new module can always change all the time. So because Wags has officially announced that module (F/A-18 ) you can be sure that ED has already reached a noticeable status in development...and yes, as you said by your self...there´s a lot of movement in this productline (DCSW) recently and thus development time for certain projects might be limited.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

As for our F/A-18C Hornet, the new external model can already be seen in DCS World and work on the cockpit has been ongoing for quite a awhile. Once the last of the FC3 avionics bugs have been squashed, much of our avionics programming staff will move on to the Hornet.

So yes it has been started on.

Oh and link :)

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

I'm sure Eagle Dynamics is taking their time to do this right. Could you image an FA-18 with the high fidelity of the A-10c. Hope it also has Carrier Ops. With out a doubt it will be the must buy module, if not the most popular module. Woooow!!! That will make ED untouchable in the Aircraft Simulation Market.

Edited by Robertemcsqd
just to add a P.S.

I think a whole lot of work needs to be done yet so although work has probably been done I think it will be a long while before an F18 is released even in beta. Plus ED has been busy and are still busy developing other products right now.. And a new carrier and carrier ops need to be developed... But it will be worth the wait I know that much....

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I think a whole lot of work needs to be done yet so although work has probably been done I think it will be a long while before an F18 is released even in beta. Plus ED has been busy and are still busy developing other products right now.. And a new carrier and carrier ops need to be developed... But it will be worth the wait I know that much....

There's been renders of New Carrier EDMs for the last 2 years (Super Vasia) I think it was.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

There's been renders of New Carrier EDMs for the last 2 years (Super Vasia) I think it was.

Indeed, here is the link for those that have not seen it.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3597545/SuperVasia_CVN_70_Carl_Vinson.html#Post3597545

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

Impressive carrier model indeed, such an incredibly low poly count for a model of that size, considering the rather recent computers that handle millions & millions of polys at a time. DCS engine is aging quite fast though tbh, some higher poly models would be welcome, although I guess it's no use to invest time in too great models if most of your engine looks 'outdated' anyway, hence their focus on a new IG maybe.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

thing is, I dont know the current limits in regards to objects and polys with the current engine, it was built around 5K LoMAC Models, and most of the AI were ported from Flanker 2.0.

With DCS KA-50 Model Poly Counts started going up, then more with DCS A-10, then more with DCSW and modules.

I had started a while back on converted my Carrier to DCS, but I really didnt want to convert it to DCS as it had Several issues that DCS simply didnt like, and it was built to be used in a different engine, so the work fixing DCS Issues + rebuilding parts and removing the custom User_Def from each mesh, then I might as well re-build it, since I started my carrier as literally my first start from scratch 3ds Model, and as I learned new tricks and techniques I applied them to the model, and lets just say it's very unoptimized as a result.

Though the game engine had no problem with my Carrier Model i quickly and sloppily ported over from my work I did for StrikeFighters2,

and it comes in at about Total: (224843 polys, 240025 verts), Mesh Max: (2888 polys, 2158 verts).

I posted images last summer here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1488745&postcount=135

Edited by SkateZilla

• 1 month later...

Is the F/A-18C the next ED aircraft?

So I remember reading the DCS News update from 21 June 2013 mentioning that after the DCS Flaming Cliffs modules were released (A-10A & Su-25) that the next ED Module would be the F/A-18C.

We will develop a balance of lighter "DCS Flaming Cliffs" modules with more detailed/realistic "DCS" modules. The "DCS Flaming Cliffs" modules allow us to develop the more detailed "DCS" titles in a more iterative way. As such, we will continue to develop detailed simulation like A-10C. The next such "DCS" title will be F/A-18C.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=108764&highlight=F%2FA-18C

I haven't heard much information about this yet. Has anyone heard any info about this module? I haven't seen any updates about it, apart from the external model being part of the AI in the current DCS version.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]