Monthly Newsletter Updates Discussion

SkateZilla

I stand corrected.

Nate

No offence or anything there...

But as I sew, MP debriefing coulld be miles better...

eg. Actual MP pilot names instead of numbers...just saying..:music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was Wag's post serious that the Hornet is at least a year away???

You've got two solutions:

1) He said the truth and we are fixed about the schedule.

2) He's the biggest troll around the internet and laugh at us...

Which solution you prefer?

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

You've got two solutions:

1) He said the truth and we are fixed about the schedule.

2) He's the biggest troll around the internet and laugh at us...

Which solution you prefer?

How about we use and enjoy what we have until something new comes along? If people are so eager to have something, no one stops them from developing and producing what they want by themselves...

doesn't sound nice in your ears?.. live with it... because its the bitter truth..

EDIT: This is kiddish talking , really..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

As an aside, now that updates are moving to the newsletter, how do we subscribe? I clicked no when I first signed up on the main site (reflex!), but there doesn't appear to be an option to resubscribe...

Just in case anyone else is wondering the same thing, you can subscribe here:

http://lockon.co.uk/en/personal/subscribe/

Thanks const!

Per Ardua Ad Aquarium :drink:

Specs: Intel i7-9700K, GTX 2080TI, 32GB DDR4, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2

Sorry only saw this now - could you translate?

Nate

From google translate:

(link 1)

That is, the radar mode BB captures the target automatically. KOLS after pressing the button. Right?

(link 2)

Flight Manual of the Su-27SK:

Upon reaching the target range is less than 15 km , or when you press the ENTER button on the throttle at a range of 15 km , RLPK automatically captures a goal and goes from CHED in CHP mode.

Target Lock RL reasonable to make in addressing the marks on the HUD from the background. Automatic acquisition is recommended in the presence of the field of view of one OLS label purpose.

7. Switch AUTO PICK-MAN with the provisions of:

- AVT - to automatically enter RLPK of viewing modes to continuous direction-finding and automatically capture the OLS first detected target;

- MAN - to capture the target manually gated mark the target with the help of joystick Ku-31.

Here about the presence Autolock.

1. Mode produces an overview VERTICAL RL zone ≈ 3 ° x60 °, and RLPK zone ≈ 5 ° x60 °, while the leading channel assigned RLPK if enabled and disabled AO ILD, as well as selected for use with missile regardless of the CSG LD switch. In all other cases, the leading channel is assigned OEPS.

If the first goal of captured slave channel, illuminates the scoreboard PICK PLC (3AHV OLS), and on the HUD is an overview VERTICAL. If the first goal took a leading channel appears on the HUD gripping information leading channel (and the slave channel switches to targeting by channel) and is a takeover target without pressing ENTER on the throttle.

It just said about Autolock in the vertical, without pressing Enter on the ore. Write one thread VAPA that he is not right! removed the first review of the vertical of at RL "by mistake", now also Autolock "by mistake" will be removed . EPT who are there from the Western-testers fekaletov all itching to Rusk on how MMO otbalansit!?

Thanks DarkEagle. I think this is a similar situation to the TWS autolock. Both can be set to do this manually or automatically. There are situations when In TWS and VS when one is preferable to the other, but until that man/auto switch is modelled we should have it set at its most useful setting. TWS manual and VS auto.

Note it also says range 15km. In game I think it is set for 10km only iirc. Correct me if I'm wrong.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

it varies a lot depending on the targets aspect.

also having the radar on, is it suppose to do anything in VS mode?

p.s. that translation is so horrible.

Thanks DarkEagle. I think this is a similar situation to the TWS autolock. Both can be set to do this manually or automatically. There are situations when In TWS and VS when one is preferable to the other, but until that man/auto switch is modelled we should have it set at its most useful setting. TWS manual and VS auto.

Note it also says range 15km. In game I think it is set for 10km only iirc. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes - unfortunately it is matter of preference. Both Modes for VS and TWS are real. That said the 15km is 10km in the sim, I'm not sure that can be changed without affecting the other close combat modes.

Nate

Yes - unfortunately it is matter of preference. Both Modes for VS and TWS are real. That said the 15km is 10km in the sim, I'm not sure that can be changed without affecting the other close combat modes.

Nate

If both modes are correct then either simulate it as such or if not possible (yet) then simulate the one that would be the usual choice when in combat. In this case TWS Manual and VS Auto. Why deliberately force the least useful of both and cause yet another red pilot furore? I honestly can't help but wonder sometimes how ED rationalise actions like this. I love ED. I appreciate the testers/mods have a tough job. I just cant understand fixes like these. The Su27 manual is in the public domain. In Russian. Its all in there.

Now that you have evidence to the contrary, as requested, will this 'fix' be reversed, as previously mentioned by yourself?

Edited by ///Rage

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thouse modes which are most effective in combat should be applied in FC3, because we can not switch between them. Like it has been said before TWS in auto lock just doesn't work in combat if VS is more effective in auto lock it should stay that way.

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

what is easyer will be aplied, as always..:music_whistling:

EDIT: code wise..

Edited by TaliG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

About Vertical Scan Mode and autolock.

Su-27SK manual, Page 155. Chapter 5.8.1

Translated from Russian

" Maneuver the plane to put the target inside the OLS or RLS lock zone, that fits within the vertical lines.

Press button ВВОД in the РУД and keep it this way until RLPK or OLS gets a lock, at this moment information of lock on is showed. "

So it´s necesary to press and hold the lock button in the throttle until radar or EOS lock on.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

About Vertical Scan Mode and autolock.

Su-27SK manual, Page 155. Chapter 5.8.1

Translated from Russian

" Maneuver the plane to put the target inside the OLS or RLS lock zone, that fits within the vertical lines.

Press button ВВОД in the РУД and keep it this way until RLPK or OLS gets a lock, at this moment information of lock on is showed. "

So it´s necesary to press and hold the lock button in the throttle until radar or EOS lock on.

No. Only if in manual mode. See post 898.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reading more in deep the manual, i think it´s clear that there are two modes, manual and auto lock, both for radar and eos.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

well if the su-27 cant have this or a non-automatic TWS, can it at the very least get an EOS that slew able up and down in BVR mode?

Could it be possible to set a key configuration with a flight stick to achieve the effect of an automatic mode? Maybe with some of the advanced flight sticks?

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Could it be possible to set a key configuration with a flight stick to achieve the effect of an automatic mode? Maybe with some of the advanced flight sticks?

No, we should not resort to these methods. ED should reverse this so-called "fix" or "feature" IMHO.

No, we should not resort to these methods. ED should reverse this so-called "fix" or "feature" IMHO.

I respect your opinion, but if it's a possible workaround then I say try it. Right now you dont have the feature. Also you are not in a position to enforce your wants to ED, but yes you can keep asking. How long before they reverse or even consider to reversing the feature?

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals