Trimmer system

Zomba

+1 :thumbup:

In the Shark I really liked the rudder being trimmed along with the cyclic, but ever since I've flown the Huey that feels sooo weird. Would be great if there was an option just to disable/enable this feature just like with the Huey.

there is no rudder trim on Mi-8 I think. The pedals return to center...

Only Autopilot has some authority.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Central pedestal, AFCS control panel.

Three green lights. The first from the left is AFCS YAW ON OFF. Green light off, no YAW trim.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Can anyone confirm this? Haven't bought the Hip yet but would like to know before I do.

EDIT: Sniped by mirmidon. I guess that confirms it.

Edited by IonicRipper

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I do what mirmidon sais (you want to turn it of anyway if you are manoeuvring):

I deflect my rudder, hit the trimmer and the rudder stays there. So because my physical rudder does not have force feedback I have to center it quickly or the helicopter will be over the place.

'Frett'

All I can tell you is that in effect the trimmer on the MI-8 feels like the operation of the Huey not like the KA-50. You relieve the pressure required on the stick but you retain full control. You can still operate the pedals and alter roll and pitch easily at will. Stick will re-center to your last trim position till you re-trim. It does not "feel" like an "autopilot".

Problem is, with rudder pedals, its really annoying to have to recenter the pedals after trimming.

I haven't seen it yet, but I would have assumed that the Mi-8 would have the same rudder trim option (check box) that the Huey has. You decide whether you want the rudder trimmed or on.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The rudder pedals are not affected by the trim function. For being able to relax your grip on the stick you just need to light the center roll/pitch function on the auto stabilization

That's great news! Thanks for reassuring me.

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lorenzo, yes of course you have authority over you rudder after trimmer. But that is not what Ripper is asking for.

IonicRipper:

The rudder is part of the trim system and is subject to force feedback. That is, when I deflect my rudder to an off-center position and hit the trimmer, it will stay there. Thus, you will have to center your pedals unless you have a force feedback pedals. At this moment there is no option to uncouple the rudder from the trim system, only to enable or disable a certain percentage of autopilot authority.

The HDG channel does only determine whether autopilot has some authority over rudder or not (in order to maintain heading).

'Frett'

Did I say that I'm not happy with the current status on the Beta Mi-8 or did I post any complains to Belsimtek ?

I said that this thread has 3 pages about thing which could be explained in 10 seconds.

PS: Don't take it so seriously and enjoy the Flying Bus :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

.....Vladimir, let's go to Sukhoi.......