Waiting for first discount on DCS: Mi-8MTV2

i do understand your anger (actually not really)

but i do not understand your patience

and again

I'm sure we will do a big sale for DCS products on the Eagle e-shop later this year.

there will be more happy customer with 20$ than angry who bought the hip for 50$

you were the impatient, quick and rich guys, but also you were the happy who enjoyed that modul immediately.

an last but not least: BST will earn a lots of money now with this sale

sign-pic4.jpg

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well funny how some claim they bought at full price to support the developers but then complain that they pair the full price?

I am in the lucky position that I don't need to care about how much a module costs (in reasonable ranges, ofc :o). 20 €, 50 €, even 100 € ... I don't really care. So I am not complaining...

But I must admit that this sales policy is a bit odd in my eyes. I paid happily the full price for the Mi-8, knowing how great it would be (and I was right) and just to support ED and BST to continue their excellent work. But when one now looks at the price, it somehow seems that they don't need to be supported. They don't need/want our support, our money. They just bargain away their brand new products. Repeatedly.

Excuse me?? Really??? This is the best answer you have? Did you get your copy for free as a tester? I wouldn't be rude to others if I were you. How disrespectful !

So I should not express my displeasure for this bad business behavior and be a sheep and just take it?

Well it is because few of you make it sound like ED tricked you into buying something that is not worth the money... that's the vibe I am getting from these posts anyway. And what does me getting free copy have to do with this? Do you know I do need a free (temporary) serial to be able to test the module that is not out yet?

No longer active in DCS...

I am sorry but how does temporary sale price affect reputation on delivery of quality product???? Shouldn't the product itself represent the quality and therefore create their reputation????

The Mi-8 is worth 50$ or even more, but even hardcore fans will think twice to pay this price now when they now they can get it for 20$ two weeks later.

You didn't get raped, all the DCS models are worth it. Some people will just get a better deal then you.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Any of you think all they want to do is attract more customers???? Hence the sale prices????

I quit trying to figure it out. I just know I made the right decision to wait on the Mi-8. After the Huey, I just knew this would happen.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I am sorry but how does temporary sale price affect reputation on delivery of quality product???? Shouldn't the product itself represent the quality and therefore create their reputation????

Those who pre-ordered it have lost a great deal of confidence in BST. Isn't that part of their reputation? Agreed: as you say this will attract customers. But isn't there a way to do this without backstabbing your loyal day-one customers?

Also note that one question mark is enough.

• Like 1

'Frett'

Kudy... 2 weeks after ... It's should be serious a little (especially from you who have the title : ED Testers Team) ... ED and 3rd party have not Stream power to support a long time this kind of usage...

I am serious... but again don't "attach" tester with anything related to ED as I am not any part of their team, I am just a tester. And also seriously... what exactly are you pissed off about? That you bought something (on your own accord) or something else (do you feel tricked and if so how and why)? If the first... why be angry at anyone but yourself... and also why even be angry... you've never had experience in life that you bought something and it went on sale soon after? Hey I bought a SIM plan for $40/month and 2 months later same plan is now $35... but hey ... THIS IS LIFE! So again... no reason to be so angry... things like this DO HAPPEN and its nothing unfair about it. Get the drift?

I bought the Mi-8 at full price knowing that it would go on sale at some stage and probably before I had the time to play it. I did this to support what are fantastic products and to support BST making more of these fantastic products. If you cant afford it, don't buy it but, if you can afford it and are just whinging because others are getting it cheaper then just be happy that you are helping create such quality products and nice guys.

Me too. I don't care. I'm supporting the developers.

• Like 1

Robert Sogomonian | Psyrixx

website| e-mail | blog | youtube | twitter

i do understand your anger (actually not really)

but i do not understand your patience

and again

there will be more happy customer with 20$ than angry who bought the hip for 50$

you were the impatient, quick and rich guys, but also you were the happy who enjoyed that modul immediately.

an last but not least: BST will earn a lots of money now with this sale

You really still dont get it do you? If they made it 30$ from start both customer groups would have been happy and satisfied right?

Impatient, quick and rich guys..... serious is that what people are that are trying to keep this market alive that already has so few followers. Im really disappointed in alot of reactions/ replies from people that i would have thought to be alot more understanding.

My dad once told me "Dont ever bite the hand that feeds you"

And now im done :)

Edited by Mainstay

g8PjVMw.png

For the guys complaining. Remember that you bought those modules at the listed price. You felt their value was worth the price put on them.

Others didn't think that the modules were worth that much and waited. Now ED is trying to get them to buy the products.

This is typical marketing for digital distribution these days: get all the people willing to pay full price and when that market is tapped lower the price a bit to get the next tier down of customers, rinse and repeat.

Flying the DCS: F-14B from Heatblur Simulations with Carrier Strike Group 2 and the VF-154 Black Knights!

I also own: Ka-50 2, A-10C, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F-86F, CA, Mig-15bis, Mig-21bis, F/A-18C, L-39, F-5E, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-16C, Mig-19P, JF-17, C-101, and CEII

1st of all Kuky when you list a Beta product at full price and you yourself want to help develop it further by buying it, encouraging the developers and not even 2 weeks pass by you go ahead and list it at 60% off you kinda feel that it was not worth that much for the company that sold it to you and they take you for a sucker. I'm sure only full paying customers feel that way ;)

Kuky stop being a Belsimtek appologist.

Speed is life !!!

Those who pre-ordered it have lost a great deal of confidence in BST. Isn't that part of their reputation? Agreed: as you say this will attract customers. But isn't there a way to do this without backstabbing your loyal day-one customers?

I haven't lost any confidence in BST and will by their next module at full price as soon as it goes into beta as well. The sales were great when I didn't own everything but now that I do (and have even purchased the stand alone A-10A and Su-25 in addition to owning FC3 and will pick up the Su27 and F-15 when they become individual modules to simplify my Steam install) I have no problem throwing full price down on quality products.

The $50 is not a big deal and when it goes on sale people who cannot afford to throw money at things can pick them up as well. Makes no difference to me one way or the other.

The Mi-8 is worth 50$ or even more, but even hardcore fans will think twice to pay this price now when they now they can get it for 20$ two weeks later.

guys, it will take only 10 days

DCS AUTUMN SALE

From 20 to 29 September 2013, Eagle Dynamics will have a 60% off Autumn sale

Enjoy, :thumbup:

The team at Eagle Dynamics

sign-pic4.jpg

Ok, how do you attract more customers? Clearly you need to provide something more or cheaper... either way those that bought initially will "lose" somehow... but this is what all early adapters (and purchasers) have to live with. The video card I bought when it just came out cost me $730.. not I can get it under $400... and it's not the first time I've done this... I am well aware you buy something straight when its out you pay the premium... but if it doesn't sell well (which doesn't have to be because of poor quality) then you have to find a way to sell more... right... which brings us to initial question... how do you do attract more customers?

So why be so angry about it? I just don't get it... should just learn from it and next time(s) when something is out... wait till its cheaper... but even then there is no way of knowing if little later again it might be even more cheaper... right?

I keep being baffled by how many genius mathematicians we have on this forum, all being able to judge where BST are in the laffer curve by shooting from the hip. Astounding.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

the problems as i see it are small sales numbers because of the small niche market..

i don't think Belsimtek wanted to do this fire-sale like this, but what is to be done? think about it.. you put the 49$ sale first.. hopefully you capture 65% of the potential clients in 3 months, after this you drop the 50% of the price to capture another 10-20% of clients.. but if in the first days,weeks sales don't increase as they should they are FORCED to drop the price and with it anger the prime-clients who paid top-price ..

if anything we should all be worried that the market for such products is so small that we might all together just see the end of heli-simulators if not even aviation simulators.. this is what worries me more.. the fact that a company would feel the urge and need to do this is alarming to say the least..

What can Belsimtek do in the future? maybe drop the price to 34.99$ for the first 2 months and then reduce it 25% to 26-28$ and see how that goes.. they have to strike the balance right to make sure efficiency in sales is improved but also do a simple analysis if this line of work even pays.. the hours put in, the work put in, and then to have to do a fire-sale so close to the prime-opening is just jaw-dropping feel to it.. i really hope i'm wrong cuz if i'm not either the market is REALLY BAD, or Belsimtek is just "blessed" with weird sales pitch logic (which i highly doubt)..

This is indeed very very disappointing. Why did I have to pay full price almost 2 weeks ago just to get jipped again? Remember the UH-1?

I'm sure this sort of marketing is very honest and reasonable to full paying customers. It inspires confidence and trust. What kind of business are you running ED? Is this even legal in certain parts of the world? Please do me a favor and ban me if you don't like what I have to say. I have lost confidence as a paying customer.

Are you serious? Who forced you to buy anything. Apparently you didn't learn when UH-1 went on sale shortly after release. Did someone hold a gun to your head and make you push the buy button. Man up and accept responsibility for your own actions. If you didn't want to wait for a sale that's your choice, no one forced you to do anything.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

the problems as i see it are small sales numbers because of the small niche market..

i don't think Belsimtek wanted to do this fire-sale like this, but what is to be done? think about it.. you put the 49$ sale first.. hopefully you capture 65% of the potential clients in 3 months, after this you drop the 50% of the price to capture another 10-20% of clients.. but if in the first days,weeks sales don't increase as they should they are FORCED to drop the price and with it anger the prime-clients who paid top-price ..

I'm a prime client and I'm not mad or even slightly upset. $50 every 6 months to a year for a new aircraft is not a big deal to me. And if people who can't afford $50 can pick it up shortly thereafter for a price they can afford then that's awesome! The more people flying around the better.

IN FACT a friend of mine and I were laughing when we bought the module full price because we figured it would be on sale the very next week. Instead it took two weeks. We still don't care. :P