I know it is not cool to ask..but

What i would like to see;

Main Rotor Rotating scissor.

You can hear it at the moment but its not physically modelled, its a shame really.

If you have no idea what i'm talking about;

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=110134&page=2

post number 20 "plate carrier assembly" same part, different name.

Cockpit cooling fan.

Improved damage model.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

Just the fact that we've come to the point of actually thinking of being able to switch on a fan in the cockpit says a lot about the level of fidelity reached by sims. This is the true golden age of flight sims!

OS: Win11 Pro 64bit MB: ASUS B550-I STRIX CPU: AMD R7 5800X GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8GB RAM: 32GB DDR4 SSD (OS and Sims): Samsung 980 Pro 2TB Accessories: TrackIR5, Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals

Skirt length is proportional to the beauty of her legs and self-confidence :D

Hah, that was the first thing to come across my mind. Apparently Russian military has strict rules for this! :)

Lol, having the cockpit cooling fan is probably the least important feature to be implemented, but it's true that having it in front of me and not being able to switch it on is a bit frustrating. Don't know why. :doh:

I know exactly why. Because if you sit a six years old in the cockpit, what will he notice first? The attitude indicator? The radio channel selector? Those circuit breakers? Hell no, THE FAN!

And since us flight simmers are all just grown-up kids, I think that's why... :prop::D

Hah, that was the first thing to come across my mind. Apparently Russian military has strict rules for this! :)

Every military base has its high officer with a big diameter flat cap on his head and 124 medals on his chest, who rates the woman's legs and determines the lenght according to the top-secret table approved by the politburo :lol:

Hi wolle,

The Mi-17 manual included in the docs has a lot of very good info that can be applied to the current release until a full DCS manual is released after further refinement to the beta. It even has a very clear explanation of the use of the auto-pilot system starting on page 2-46 ......

Lol, having the cockpit cooling fan is probably the least important feature to be implemented, but it's true that having it in front of me and not being able to switch it on is a bit frustrating. Don't know why. :doh:

My #1 feature is integration with AmBX, so that when I flip the fan switch, the real fan on my desk turns on, cooling my face and helping me fly!

In all seriousness, a real flight manual would do so much for me right now.

Hi wolle,

The Mi-17 manual included in the docs has a lot of very good info that can be applied to the current release until a full DCS manual is released after further refinement to the beta. It even has a very clear explanation of the use of the auto-pilot system starting on page 2-46 ......

My manual doesn't have that many pages in Section 2. However, in Section 4, starting on page 19, I do find a discussion of the Autopilot. Quite useful, I had forgotten to take a longer look at that manual.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

My manual doesn't have that many pages in Section 2. However, in Section 4, starting on page 19, I do find a discussion of the Autopilot. Quite useful, I had forgotten to take a longer look at that manual.

Right, starting at 2-46 gives a good general description of the AP system and channels then 4-19 and on goes into specific situations and usage. Nice to be able to refer to a real flight manual to fly this thing.

They make a good point about being ready to disengage the system as I have had it go bonkers a couple times myself. Now have a stick button keyed to shut off the whole AP instantly.