MODDERS GETTING GREEDY $$

Midnight

This topic had me thinking for a while now and I have to get this off my chest.

My interpretation of this forum was that if you made a MOD, you can share it here for free with the DCS community to enhance everybody's sim experience.

It came to my attention that some modders are now charging money for their mods whitch in itself is great, my feeling is just that you should then post your MOD in the "Third Party Developer" section.

I am of opinion that this community will pay for your MOD if they deem it good enough but it will NOT increase the community's involvement in developing MODS since you are not sharing with them, you are selling and not contributing!

Let's build a better DCS Community!

Edited by Midnight
Removed: ...not here! (free advertising hey?) Misquoted

Midnite Signature.jpg

552334314_MidniteSignature.jpg.7c1678ea5639bd6d044b092eb97c300e.jpg

where are this mod charging modders?

if they are using EDs code im pretty sure they arent allowed to sell it, unless ED specifically said that its allowed.

free advertising hey?

How is them posting in 3rd party section not free advertising? :huh:

Besides, you need 3rd party developer status to get your own forum, something which might not be granted for a small mod.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Example please, I cannot find one.

Me neither, BUT If someone charges money for his mods I expect to be TOP QUALITY and to get support for that mod. Anyway, I can't find any mod that you need to buy.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

I never mentioned that a MOD was posted on this forum that you have to pay for guys, this will normally happen on a PM.

With regards to "advertising", some MODs are made and posted here, on further inquiry about the MOD then things take a different turn.

My point is simply this, Modders should decide if this is a hobby or else they must go professional.

Midnite Signature.jpg

LOl @ piXel496

"Feel misled about what? You don't make a lot of sense right now."

See first post, there is no need to complicate what was said there. It is just my opinion. You are welcome to delete this thread if you feel it doesn't make sense.

I guess I was just disappointed in some modder's ethics.

Just wanted to bring the message to the community that there are some "scaly" dudes out there.

Midnite Signature.jpg

I guess I was just disappointed in some modder's ethics.

what are these mods??????

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/index.php?license=paid&set_filter=Y

or are you talking about some of these guys?

Edited by karambiatos

Without an example of what you are talking about the conversation is pointless.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: