MFG Crosswind - Review

Milan, you have done the right thing: designed and produced a quality product and focussing on delivering quality within promised delays.

Trying to do too many things at the same time, given limited resources could have gotten you and the community into a much less desirable situation.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

The Combat Style being discussed, are down lower where one's heels rest on the floor. Like the Saitek Combats were.

The regular pedals currently shipping with the Crosswinds, are up a little higher where one raises up the foot and rests the entire foot in the pedal.

you mean like car pedals? but how does rudder work then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

you mean like car pedals? but how does rudder work then?

It works the same as the regular pedals, they are still on a slider that moves appropriately. Just the way they are angled and positioning to where one's heels rest on the floor.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

It works the same as the regular pedals, they are still on a slider that moves appropriately. Just the way they are angled and positioning to where one's heels rest on the floor.

Feels like I need to start saving again

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Feels like I need to start saving again

lol same feeling :megalol:

i7-6700K | MSI Z170A Gaming M7 | Dominator 32GB 3000MHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING Z | 2TB SSD & 1TB HDD | Acer H277HU 27" WQHD | Audeze Mobius | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Pro

Received my graphite pedals the other day.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

Received my graphite pedals the other day.

and the survey says? ;):lol::pilotfly:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Lucky!!! see what I did there? :)

Jealous of the color....

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Mine will arrive this week!!!! Looking forward to it!

You wont be disappointed!

Jealous of the color....

Same.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Lucky!!! see what I did there? :)

Jealous of the color....

Gotcha.

Yeah, the graphite color is really nice. This is the 2nd set I've owned after selling the first set last year. The precision is incredible. I just need to experiment with the soft spring to find the right balance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

Hmm I would certain be interested in that new soft centering spring, wonder if one can order it by itself? I may contact Milan to find out...

did you ever follow-up? curious to hear more about this soft spring.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I also received mine on the 29th. Just have had a little bit of time setting up and adjusting etc. However I must say they are just great.

I also ordered the soft springs, pretty soft with out adjusting the spring tension. Like I said above still adjusting looking for the sweet feel.

No it has since slipped my mind. I will drop him a note.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Just a quick note that Milan is on vacation until August 16th so you may have to wait a bit for your answer.

In other news, just got my new set of Crosswind rudders last week and as everyone else that already has a set has been saying... WOW!

If anyone is on the fence, don't be. Order them now. They are truly THAT good.

Madmatt

A-10C, AV-8B, F-16C, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, UH-1H, FC3, CA, WWII, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Gaming Rig: I7 7700k @5GHz, Corsair H115i Water Cooling, 32GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600MHz DDR4 SDRAM, Aorus GeForce GTX 1080Ti, 2 x Samsung 960 Pro M.2 1TB NVMe SSD's, Warthog HOTAS w/ Slew mod, MFG Crosswind Pedals, 2 x TM Cougar MFD's, Oculus Rift-S, TrackIR 5, Asus ROG PG3480 34" GSync Monitor @3440x1440-100Hz, Asus 27" Monitor @1920x1080-144Hz, Windows 10 x64

I got mine with the soft spring. It significantly reduces the return-to-center force. When used with CAM4 and CAM5, the centering force isn't strong enough to return it to exact center unless you really dial in the tension with the front adjustment knob. With CAM6, since it has a hard center point, it's easier to return to the exact center, though sometimes I still find myself shifting the pedals left and right just to make sure.

The soft spring is better than the normal spring for helicopter flight because you can be more accurate with small deflections, but personally I still prefer the VKB T-Rudder IV for helicopter flight.

I always consider dumping my Saitek Combat pedals for these, but given the fact I only fly fast movers I can never rationalize it.

The only thing I use the pedals for is steering on then ground, the way the FM's work there's really no use in the air.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I use rudder all the time in the air... coordinated turns during navigation/cruising, banking/rolling at high AoA, and minor yaw corrections for gunnery. I would like to have nicer pedals like the MFG Crosswind. I like the idea of relatively weak centering force for helo flying, but I primarily use rudder for fixed wing and need some sort of self centering... perhaps with a damper like some high end pedals use?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have the additional soft spring as well.

Same experience as Ranma13, it's to light for fixed wing for me.

I don't fly any helos yet, but I'm sure they'll be perfect for it.

Alienware 17 R3: Intel i7 6820HK @ 4 GHz, 16 GB DDR4, GTX 980M, 1TB Samsung NVMe 951 SSD, AW Graphics Amplifier w/ GTX 1080, TM HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Monstertech, MFG Crosswind, Jetseat KW-908

2484 on service :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 5820K, 32GB DDR4, 3x250GB SSD RAID0, nVidia GTX 1080, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, Virpil WarBird base with Thrustmaster Warthog grip, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals - 2484.

Are people using the Width Adjustment Plates? Or are those generally an unnecessary add-on?

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Are people using the Width Adjustment Plates? Or are those generally an unnecessary add-on?

I got them with mine, however I found the width as they came to be very comfortable and really had no desire to adjust them further out or closer together, so I have never used them.

Don B

FYI as you can see I contacted Milan and here's his detail reply.

Many customers and owners of your crosswind rudder pedals, would like an update or progress report on the combat pedals modification. Also can you provide a possible time table for their release. Thanks!

Hi Larry and thank you on your kind note. I hope you are happy with your rudder pedals ( about a year since purchase so far).

I've seen forum posts on DCS forums regarding the delay on combat style pedals...please do forward this mail on the forum.

Resons for delay are many, unfortunately... but it will be done. Let me try to explain some circumstances...

- we can produce combat style on CNC as stated on the forums...but both CNC's are producing current model of rudder pedals. It takes a lot of machining time to produce pedals, and demand is still solid. I though that we will be able to manufacture combat style pedals when demand for the MFG decline a little...but I guess we'll have to start working another shift. Keep in mind that it's easy to produce a few prototypes on CNC...but we have to supply customers with enough units. What's the use of releasing such a new style if it's not available to purchase ?? ... Few months in a row our waiting times for rudder pedals are 30 days or less...which tell you that we can now manage some production time to produce combat style footrests in some quantity

- aside from CNC manufacturing these, we also explored other options...like laser cut and folded sheet metal , heat folded acrylic, or die cast aluminum parts. There are pro's and con's of each manufacturing ( price, aestetics ..) ... and now when we have a larger customer base ( 4500 units sold so far) we might opt for die cast aluminum. On that purpose we will probably sum up pro's and con's ...and provide a survey to our customers to help us decide.

- Many of customers will say ..." sure , nice explanation...but 2 years...huh.."

Such a long has passed because I'm the one who is in charge for that development, and I had to do other things in past two years. I was working a lot on customer service ( feedback, ordering, dispatching pedals, customer support) and helping out in production ( supplies, educating CNC operators, refining the production) ... I helped to polish out new software and firmware, updated pedals design with subtle changes, new spring design, introducing new color, warthog extensions ... and it's not just work...I recently got married and moved in to new home, honeymoon and stuff :-) ...other family stuff too...I guess you know how these things go without going too much in my private stuff. I still have to get my simulator "corner" in place which I find crucial to develop and test new stuff.

- TIMING

From late August I'll be 100% devoted on combat style footrests...and I'm sure we will have solid news for you at end of September ! Releasing combat style is our top priority and must happen before 2017 end's... even if it means I'll work round the clock :-)

P.S. It's not just combat pedals. I'm pretty sure that I'll tune up MFG Crosswinds a bit too, make them a bit more narrow, more stable base of the pedals, already have few concepts. We'll need to redesign package for new variant's since pedals can ship with either current style , or combat, or both. Separate packing for footrests also need to be done etc.

Apologise for delays... I know you all want it "yesterday", but I'll do my best like with the MFG Crosswinds.

Kind regards

Milan Simundza

Looks like I'm going to have to cancel my Crosswind order and wait for the Combat pedals it seems...I wasn't even aware Milan was working on a Combat set.

I guess I can stick it out with my Saitek Combats a bit longer

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig: