I'd love a flyable E-2C/D Hawkeye

JG27_Arklight

I know some folks enjoy dogfighting and ground pounding, but I'd love to fly as a Hawkeye pilot/NFO online. Being able to play in a true multifaceted air campaign would be epic fun. I even have a few ATC friends that would pay top dollar for an E-2 simulation.

It'd be pretty awesome to be directed to threats from real people online, acting as a true unit. I'd love it anyways!

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

Who knows, might come to fruition some day. A module which provides the user Ground Control Intercept (GCI) and E-2, E-3 screens and functions. Why not? I'd be interested and I'm sure those who do the ATC thing in FSX or X-Plane multiplayer might be interested as well. Would certainly provide a bonus to the flyers with a live human GCI contact.

• 1 year later...

A quick thought, maybe nonsense, but if enough people send in a request and an offer to buy, that would get things moving faster.

For those interested, how much would the E-2/GCI module be worth to you, given it being made to DCS standards or better?

$100? $200?

(I've done dispatching work before, so I'd be keen on this also.)

Maybe in the distant future.......................

I know some folks enjoy dogfighting and ground pounding, but I'd love to fly as a Hawkeye pilot/NFO online. Being able to play in a true multifaceted air campaign would be epic fun. I even have a few ATC friends that would pay top dollar for an E-2 simulation.

It'd be pretty awesome to be directed to threats from real people online, acting as a true unit. I'd love it anyways!

+1 :thumbup: there is so much I am longing for and would love to enjoy as part of the DCS sim.

An old post of mine check it out ............ https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2154802&postcount=6

Considering the past.............. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Combat_flight_simulators

We can only .............

daydream-animated-animation-day-dream-smiley-emoticon-000404-large.gif

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

Because flying an E-2 in missions would be pretty boring. Take off, fly a route/circuits for hours, then land.

Indeed. Most of the, on location, flying would likely be done on autopilot in RL.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I'm confused as to what you guys want.

Do you want to do GCI, or fly?

Because flying an E-2 in missions would be pretty boring. Take off, fly a route/circuits for hours, then land.

...until opfor finds out where you are, then jumps you with a few Migs... :surprise:

...until opfor finds out where you are, then jumps you with a few Migs... :surprise:

If your CAP doesn't keep the Migs away then you still won't be flying anything but silk. :P

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

A quick thought, maybe nonsense, but if enough people send in a request and an offer to buy, that would get things moving faster.

Correct. Nonsense. :music_whistling: ;)

Personally, I'd find this vaguely interesting and would spend maybe 20 bucks on a sale to try out an E-2 or E-3 from a radar operator perspective.

But the thing is, if we get 100 people saying they're willing to spend 100 $ each, that's like paying 5 developers a very bad salary for one month of development time. And that's assuming each of the 100 guys would actually make true on their promise. So unless you get like 1,000 people reliably promising 200 $ each, allowing 5 team members to work on the project for about a year on a sub-average salary, I doubt "me too!" forums posts count a whole lot.

I'm confused as to what you guys want.

Do you want to do GCI, or fly?

You fly, then when you arrive in the area of operations, activate the autopilot and jump in front of the radar screen. When it's time pack it in, you jump back into the cockpit for the return to the carrier. Assuming properly integrated voice coms and radar control ops, that'd be appealing to me.

Yes, probably a niche (support aicraft/air defense controller) within a niche (DCS) within a niche (flight sims)...

You fly, then when you arrive in the area of operations, activate the autopilot and jump in front of the radar screen. When it's time pack it in, you jump back into the cockpit for the return to the carrier. Assuming properly integrated voice coms and radar control ops, that'd be appealing to me.

Yes, probably a niche (support aicraft/air defense controller) within a niche (DCS) within a niche (flight sims)...

^^^^^ :thumbup: +1

Tactical combined air support surveillance and threat acquisition (Land & Sea) especially for the up and coming DCS- F-18C and air support for CAS A-10C which will make the ED-DCS sim more of a strategy / war game and combat sim that is sorely needed! :(:cry:

Just takes a little imagination yeah, as to how good it could all be and make the sim great fun! :smilewink:

Information Link:- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_Grumman_E-2_Hawkeye

Well maybe one day when all is good under the heavens but for now we can dream......:music_whistling:

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

Don't let ED do it or it will be like CA! :(

Take a look at "LotAtc 4 DCS" for the AWACS and GCI part. It's an external program, so no need for a DCS installation for the controller. For more info follow the project link or take a look at the videos.

for e.g.

Not a fan of third party tools that have features the game should come standard with.

Especially with the restrictions people put on servers related to purity and exports. It also requires the server to set it up as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every flightsimulator have to bring a GCI-, AWACS-, EWR-simulation with it? :huh:

80% of the map functionality in Lotac yes should be part of any give flight sims map toolset.

Same goes for voice com features such as srs.

And by your shock I'd guess you have a very low expectation mind set that fits in well with old software 10 years ago. As someone who makes a living by creating software the bare minimums of the past do not fit in today's world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m a realist or call me a pessimist and my lowered expectations come from be a paying user for a long time now. And I don't mean DCS in special but for all simulators and/or games I ever used.

But hey, this is the wishlist, so you are right: Thats how it should be in a perfect world.

And by your shock I'd guess you have a very low expectation mind set that fits in well with old software 10 years ago. As someone who makes a living by creating software the bare minimums of the past do not fit in today's world.

Yes, the current minimums are lower. Unfinished software and betas sell like hotcakes.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

That makes much more sense. Just flying the E-2 would be boring.

Still quite niche, but actually not too far off something like the role of Commader in the Battlefield games.

+1 DCS stands for digital combat simulator not flight simulator for exclusively one type of aircraft so an E-2 gets my vote. Anything involved in combat operations in any way (either directly or indirectly gets my vote).

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.