Any chance of a F-105 Thunderchief?

Jaktaz

The f-5 looks fantastic, and I'm excited for it, and it seems like a Western counterpart to the Mig-21. I think an F-105 would make a great addition to DCS, and after F-5, I don't know of any projects Belsimtek is working on. The reason I say F-105 is because it wouldn't be too difficult to make, as its a single seat basic strike aircraft. There's no complicated systems or hard to replicate flight characteristics, such as variable geometry. I also believe it would be a very popular aircraft, as its a dedicated strike aircraft (which we don't have yet in DCS) that can fly fast very low and carry a huge bombload. It would also be a formidable and very historically accurate rival to the Mig-21.

I would not buy an F-105. It would be an orphan plane with few period appropriate AI units. Also, you don't need to spam this request in every forum section.

there was a time when the sabre was an orphan aircraft. it came before the mig15. lol

people still bought it anyways, just like Ka50 is arguably a orphan aircraft. The only dedicated attack chopper and yet its still quite popular.

RAzbam has the A6 intruder and A7 corsair planned and those are aircraft that saw use in Vietnam.

also the F105 could be put in matches against the mig21, even if this BIS variant didnt see combat use in the vietnam war, its close enough. F-105D was in USAF active duty service until 1973 and in reserve/ national guard use up till 1984, so it still could fit in with the F5E that went into service in 1972.

with those other aircraft i mentioned, no I wouldn't consider the F-105 an orphan aircraft if it gets added.

The F105 would be a very potent dedicated strike jet. It had a small internal bombbay ( which could also install an auxillary fuel tank). could mount a total of up to 18 bombs externally( any of the mk80 series, or the M117 ). In addition to that i had Rockets, and AGM12 bullpop atg missiles. ITS an all weather aircraft. its Radar has air air scan and air to ground mapping mode, and many F105s starting around 1966 began being fitted with RWR. It could mount external ECM pods, and had some early anti radiation missiles( Shrike & AGM78 ARM), so it would have SEAD capability too.

while not meant to be do air to air fighter/interceptor it did have a internal M6a1 20mm gatling gun, and could arm up to 4 sidewinders.

Its quite an aircraft.

I realize BST after they finish the F5E will probably do a chopper, a hind or Cobra next ,but F105 is entirely feasible aircraft for DCS, and desirable in the game.

personally F4E phantom is higher up my wishlist, but the F105 is certainly up there as one of the aircraft i want to see in dcs and would buy.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I would not buy an F-105. It would be an orphan plane with few period appropriate AI units. Also, you don't need to spam this request in every forum section.

If they make a Vietnam map with appropriate AI units, I'd buy it :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

there was a time when the sabre was an orphan aircraft. it came before the mig15. lol

people still bought it anyways, just like Ka50 is arguably a orphan aircraft. The only dedicated attack chopper and yet its still quite popular.

RAzbam has the A6 intruder and A7 corsair planned and those are aircraft that saw use in Vietnam.

also the F105 could be put in matches against the mig21, even if this BIS variant didnt see combat use in the vietnam war, its close enough. F-105D was in USAF active duty service until 1973 and in reserve/ national guard use up till 1984, so it still could fit in with the F5E that went into service in 1972.

with those other aircraft i mentioned, no I wouldn't consider the F-105 an orphan aircraft if it gets added.

The F105 would be a very potent dedicated strike jet. It had a small internal bombbay ( which could also install an auxillary fuel tank). could mount a total of up to 18 bombs externally( any of the mk80 series, or the M117 ). In addition to that i had Rockets, and AGM12 bullpop atg missiles. ITS an all weather aircraft. its Radar has air air scan and air to ground mapping mode, and many F105s starting around 1966 began being fitted with RWR. It could mount external ECM pods, and had some early anti radiation missiles( Shrike & AGM78 ARM), so it would have SEAD capability too.

while not meant to be do air to air fighter/interceptor it did have a internal M6a1 20mm gatling gun, and could arm up to 4 sidewinders.

Its quite an aircraft.

I realize BST after they finish the F5E will probably do a chopper, a hind or Cobra next ,but F105 is entirely feasible aircraft for DCS, and desirable in the game.

personally F4E phantom is higher up my wishlist, but the F105 is certainly up there as one of the aircraft i want to see in dcs and would buy.

I too see no reason why a F-105 could not be added.

I feel like a F-104 would probably be higher up the list =P.

I probably prefer the F-105 as an aircraft.

But the 104 is just a much more important fighter.

Being produced in much larger numbers and being used by a large number of nations.

So id probably take a F-104 or F-4 before a F-105.

And also ppl seem to think that just because an aircraft served in the Vietnam war that is the only place it was ever stationed...

During its service life the F-105 was stationed everywhere the US had Fighter units.

And while i think there are more aircraft right now more deserved and more needed then a F-105 i dont have a huge porblem if one were to be made.

And i probably think Belsimtek should do a Eastern (russian) aircraft for the next Fighter Jet they make.

I'm with Aginor, especially an E model, but why recreate the war over Hanoi, when you can relive those iconic air battles like Ethiopia/Somalia or Iran/Iraq, LOL? :)

R7 5800X3D / 32GB / VPC T-50 CM2 Base and CM3 Throttle with TM Hornet Grip / RTX 4080 Super / Meta Quest Pro

• 2 months later...

Id take an F4 phantom over any jet listed. More capabilities. More common amongst different nations. Longer service life.

However Id greatly prefer an Mi24 of any sort but my fab is the D and Id be almost as happy with any AH1 especially the old school flat panel cockpit versions.

The UH1Y i hope is released as an add on to the UH1 module for like 10 bucks or 20 or something. The 4 blades, diesel engines, and new armaments etc look like a lot of fun.

+1 for the F-105

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD

I would take almost all modules they would release, a F-105 may have a good point to be there and probably I would also pic it. But still I always wonder, why aiming for rarer aircraft while we still lack much more... whatever you want, important may be? best known? best looking? more numerous or at least more seen? In a Vietnam map F-105 would fit like a glove for sure, but still I would definitely prefer to see a F-4 in any variant, naval and/or AF before F-105, not to mention F-8, F-100, A-4, A-1, A-7, A-6, but even F-104. Or the other side where we only have a MiG-21 variant that wasn't even there… I would like to see a PFM or MF, or even a MiG-17 sooner. Just my opinion, anyway dreaming is for free, isn't it?

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Its quite an aircraft.

Bout time us Americans get some anti Sam capabilities anyways....wild weasel anyone?

Would be a unique addition, as far as I know the 105 has never been covered well by any combat Sim. For me it would be an insta-buy.

Well, it is easy to say that it wasn't covered well by a sim, because there weren't many games in the past that one would consider a simulation by today's standards.

It was included in Jane's USAF though, and I enjoyed flying it back then.

Strike Fighters 2 also had it IIRC but I never played that.

I'd like to have it in DCSW too, but if I have the choice between F-4 and F-105 I'd still pick the F-4 I think.