Rockets

too-cool

I can load both types of rockets on the Dora but for some reason I'm unable to fire either, Master arm is on, Rocket switch is on, reason release is button is programed and working range set to zero but rockets will not fire. Any Ideas? Thanks TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

I believe you have to use the bomb button. Works fine here.

| I9 9900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO] |16 GB DDR4 HyperX 3466 MHz | SSD EVO 840 1 TB | MSI 2080TI GAMING X TRIO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q 27" 2560 X 1440 | TRACK IR 5 | THERMALTAKE CORE X9 | HOTAS WARTHOG |MFG CROSSWIND|

I believe you have to use the bomb button. Works fine here.
Are you able to fire with both bombs and rockets loaded at same time or is it just rockets only loaded? Thanks TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

when i tried i had no bombs. I have a warthog for a short time and i was surprised when i pusched the red buton on my stick to see that i fire rockets eitherr4m or werfgranaten.

| I9 9900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO] |16 GB DDR4 HyperX 3466 MHz | SSD EVO 840 1 TB | MSI 2080TI GAMING X TRIO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q 27" 2560 X 1440 | TRACK IR 5 | THERMALTAKE CORE X9 | HOTAS WARTHOG |MFG CROSSWIND|

You're not trying to mix and match the rockets are you?
No, just wanted to make sure that Rocket will not fire if bombs are loaded. Thanks TC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have always updated my DCSW files and I have no ability to ever choose rockets.

Is this something that can only be done offline ? Mission Editor ? I would appreciate

it very much if someone would give me a heads up on where I can find the rockets ?

Thank You !!!

For me, it's either bombs or rockets. They will not work together. And I use the bomb release button for the rockets.

How do you setup that automatic zoom in all the way? I either have to use trackir z axis for zoom or I use a slider on the hotas x that resets to value 50 always when I'm not using it.

• 1 month later...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 4790K 4.0Ghz

MSI z97 GAMING 5

G SKill Ripjaws 1600 4x8Gb 32Gb

2x120Gb Ssd Kingstone

Seagate Barracuda 1Tb

ASUS GTX980 TI Strix 6gb

corsair CS750W Modular

Saitek X52 Pro 7Years Old jaja :joystick:

Saitek Rudder pedals

TrackIR5

• 2 months later...
They have to be added as a custom loadout in the mission editor.

Sorry about being so late with this, I wanted to thank You Jack, I really like the

rockets !!! I noticed in the video where He opens the cowlings, I have never

done that.....have to learn how

cowling is radiator, just did it with left alt plus A so now I just need to know when to open it and when to close it please

Edited by ctguy1955

Not sure if this has been mentioned already but you can definitely use bombs and rockets in one go (definitely works with SC50s and both R4m or Wgr21, haven't tested with other bomb types). Just drop your bombs and pull the Rumpflast notabwurf T handle (red left side under the front panel) and Wgr21 switch if applicable and you're good to go. Theoretically one could do it rockets first too but the Flügellast Notabwurf handle doesn't work in dcs so I dot think there's any way of doing it in the sim.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

• 1 month later...
Not sure if this has been mentioned already but you can definitely use bombs and rockets in one go (definitely works with SC50s and both R4m or Wgr21, haven't tested with other bomb types). Just drop your bombs and pull the Rumpflast notabwurf T handle (red left side under the front panel) and Wgr21 switch if applicable and you're good to go. .

Thanks for sharing that. Good to be able to use both.

I was playing in 2.04 NTTR and noticed that the small rockets seem to have impact fuse now. Didn't measure in any way to prove it but I know they only went about a1/2 mile and exploded before and now it seemed like I was at least a mile away and seeing impacts on ground near targets. Also fired a few while level and didn't see them explode at all.

cowling is radiator, just did it with left alt plus A so now I just need to know when to open it and when to close it please

There's no need to touch it. It's automatic and keeps the water temperature at 100°C.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | 32GB DDR4 RAM | NVidia RTX4080 | MSI B550 TOMAHAWK | Creative X-Fi Titanium | Win 10 Pro 64bit | Track IR4 Pro | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals

I have posted these here before. The R4M timed fuse development was wrapped up with this final report on 1.3.45. This report contains every single detail about it, including material of connecter, security membrane, primer and explosives used. http://www.deutscheluftwaffe.de/archiv/Dokumente/ABC/f/Flakraketen/R4M%20Orkan/Text/Zeitlinie/1945/Mearz/Mearz%201945.pdf

The main development/ testing effort was done in January and February 45. This document starting page 23 shows the main development process in January. http://www.deutscheluftwaffe.de/archiv/Dokumente/ABC/f/Flakraketen/R4M%20Orkan/Text/Zeitlinie/1945/Januar/Januar%201945.pdf

The R4Ms that were used in operational trials by FW 190s starting March 45 had this timed fuse incorporated. In the following document the time to self destruct is measured in respect to ambient temperature. (+18°C, -40°C, +50°C) http://www.deutscheluftwaffe.de/archiv/Dokumente/ABC/f/Flakraketen/R4M%20Orkan/Text/Zeitlinie/1945/Februar/Februar%201945.pdf

The R4Ms had a delayed impact fuze AZ R2 with VC70 delayed primer, similar in function to the delayed mine shell fuze of the Minengeschoss and a timed fuze in the connection section between explosive charge and rocket motor. If the DCS R4Ms do not have delayed impact and ~ 5-6 (mean = 5,67 sec) sec timed fuse mechanism, they are simply modeled incorrectly.

Zuender%20Schema.jpg

155rqll.jpg

Edited by rel4y

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

Not sure if this has been mentioned already but you can definitely use bombs and rockets in one go (definitely works with SC50s and both R4m or Wgr21, haven't tested with other bomb types). Just drop your bombs and pull the Rumpflast notabwurf T handle (red left side under the front panel) and Wgr21 switch if applicable and you're good to go. Theoretically one could do it rockets first too but the Flügellast Notabwurf handle doesn't work in dcs so I dot think there's any way of doing it in the sim.

That's not how it worked IRL, or was it? Was the pilot IRL able to select the his weapon of choice (bomb/rocket) when he wanted or was he also forced to work around it like we need in DCS as you just explained? Well, I guess a mixed load of bombs and rockets was seldom (if ever?) used IRL, but how would it have worked?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The Rockets on the Dora currently more gameplay thing, there currently have nothing common with history. For the R4M the Dora is lacking the electrical Panel for Ignition, never seen any D9 with Wrf.Gr 21 under the Wings and after my understand you have to Arm also the ZSK (Zündschaltkasten) to close the connection with the 21 how to use Bombs and Wrf.Gr 21 ???:suspect:

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

The Rockets on the Dora currently more gameplay thing, there currently have nothing common with history. For the R4M the Dora is lacking the electrical Panel for Ignition, never seen any D9 with Wrf.Gr 21 under the Wings and after my understand you have to Arm also the ZSK (Zündschaltkasten) to close the connection with the 21 how to use Bombs and Wrf.Gr 21 ???:suspect:

:(

I hope they're still working on that.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg