Erratas of english manual...

Legolasindar

Enlgish manual have errors or diferences compare to russian manual.

English Pag. 86 / Russian Pag. 79

Diferent information (english is more explained), and no marked 1 and 2 square in description.

- 4. "КОМ" (Commander) mode allows you to send and receive information from Jjust the flight leader. Wingman icons will be displayed on the ABRIS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cavallers del Cel - Comunintat Catalana de Simulació http://www.cavallersdelcel.cat

page 48 (section 2/page 28 )

in the table at the bottom of the page

Service messages on the EKRAN display in Flight Control mode

САМОКОНТ SEFLTEST Beginning of the built-in test (BIT)

Btw: Nice Manual from what i've seen so far :thumbup:

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Publishing can be a real bitch. No matter how many times you proofread a text things inevitably get missed. And invariably Quark/InDesign tends to mess things up, or it's a case of designers destroying all the copy!

Just be glad you have a Manual before the game is released to the West. I know it'll be worth its weight in gold, warts and all.

• Like 1

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

• ED Team

Ahmen brother! We've had an army of guys proof read these manual over the last few months but a few errors are bound to slip in given the size and complexity of the docs. Any such errors noted here will be corrected for the final manuals that will be shipped with the product.

Other suposed errata found for Virus of Escuadron 111

Unless the ADI perform differently to the LOMAC, the definition of the functions of the indicators of it being changed, the point 2-11.3 and 2-11.9, with the bar on the left of the ADI indicates that the deviation in height of pre-defined routes, and a gallon of right deviation from the preset speed on the route scheduled.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cavallers del Cel - Comunintat Catalana de Simulació http://www.cavallersdelcel.cat

• ED Team

From ED: Please keep posting any errors that you find in the English Manual so that we can ensure that the printed version is nearly as perfect as possibe. Maybe this thread should be a sticky?

Edited by JimMack
more detail

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

flight manual

observation: modifier keys, like RSHIFT etc. should be shown as first, not as second - we read from left to right, so if there's a key combination to be pressed we will press a key that is mentioned first...

so [R + LSHIFT] is a no-no, should be [LSHIFT + R] - this should be changed for all cases (if you want a n00b-proof manual)

PDF page 18, aka 1-8

CONTERMEASURES - should be COUNTERMEASURES

PDF page 19, aka 1-9

CHERACTERISTIICS - CHARACTERISTICS

Edited by Shaman
  • Like 1

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

so R+RSHIFT is a no-no, should be RSHIFT+R - this should be changed in all cases

Also, it is a logical procedure - first you press RSHIFT, then R. If other way around something else would happen :)

• Like 1

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

You lot are making me officially confused... Using this RShift+R-combination as an example, which is the modifier, and which is the key?

Also, let the records show that I find it terribly awkward to be asked to press C+Ctrl. 'Nuff said.

[Edit] Check GUI-manual, p. 17, Water-settings. Different order of 'surface effects' depending on setting. Stop that. :p

Edited by Silent Warrior
Done me homework!

Nothing printed on page 240 [3-16].

-----------------------------------------

Page 370 [8-32], has just the header and footer with no info.

-----------------------------------------

Page 38 [2-18] paragraph 12: "Note that if Hover mode is inactive and the “Heading/Course flight path mode” on the Autopilot panel is set to the Heading position, that the deviation indicator will become inactive (will be centered)."

"that" should be then.

Edited by Cosmonaut

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

What I found so far:

Page 26

7. “МЕТКА” (Marker) hat switch – Slew control for “Shkval” line of sight ['], [,], [.] and [/].

keypress ['] is incorrect and should be [;]:

Page 29

3. “ФАРА” Hat switch. Slew search/landing lights. [; + RCTRL'], [, + RCTRL], [. + RCTRL] and [/ + RCTRL].

[; + RCTRL'] has a typo and should not have the ['] in it, like this [; + RCTRL]

And like some have noted previously, modifiers should be shown first in sequence [RCTRL + ;] instead of [; + RCTRL]

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

QFE or QNH ? mmHG or Mb ?

Barometric Altimeter Page 2-20

First line states :

"The Barometric altimeter iindicates the aircrafts current altitude above sea level (ASL)"

The second paragraph describes setting the Pressure Altimeter pressure subscale and calls it QFE. With QFE set the altimeter will read zero regardless of altitude above sea level.

If the altimeter is to read altitude reference Sea Level then QNH must be set not QFE.

If the altimeter is to read altitude reference the airfield level then QFE is set.

Aircraft performance (Hover ceilings etc) is refrenced to Sea Level.

Also using mmHG is unusual for a setting an altimeter I would have thought Millibars (mb) would be the norm for metric states. with 1013.25Mb being the normal Sea Level datum

Edited by IvanK

Page 2-101:

(Targeting mode reset) button. To the cease targeting and return

the HUD to the navigation mode, press this button.

Seems to be an extra "the" in that sentence.

Page 2-102:

Left/right engine fuel shutoff values to open

I believe that should be valves, not values. The grammer of that entire list seems a little weird. It lists conditions, so to me sounds better as "Left/right engine fuel shutoff valves in open position", and the same with the other items in that list, better to use "in" than "to". Or if "to" is to be used then the word "move" (or some other verb like push, pull, press etc) should be in there somewhere.

INU Heading Data Selector Switch

On page 6-17 of English Flight Manual - Route, Descent, and Hover Modes Page. The INU Heading Data Selector Switch is incorrectly referenced as 'on the right panel' (2nd bullet from bottom). Switch is actually on the wall panel.

In the commands and messages list on page 366 [8-28]:

It should be wingman 2, 3 or 4 instead of wingmen.

In the rightmost column, the response belonging to reconnaissance is not listed next to the reconnaissance command.

And I would think that "Since wingmen will take the place in formation he gives a report: ‚[X] in formation right (left). " belongs in the box to the right of rejoin.

In fact Reconnaissance, rejoin, hold position and all following commands should all be shifted up with respect to the third and fourth column.

I really like the extra tower and maintenance commands, that should make for a very realistic experience.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • RAM 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1600
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO
  • DSU Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD for Win10, Plextor M6e 128GB SSD for DCS exclusively, RAID-1 HDDs
  • GFX Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Xtreme Edition, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, 27" with G-Sync, Oculus Rift CV1

• HID TM HOTAS Warthog + 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 5, Obutto oZone

My TM Warthog Profile + Chart, F-15C EM Diagram Generator

Picture on Page 309 (KA-50 -COMBAT EMPLOYMENT) is labeled as chapter "11", not "7".

sharkfin out!

Support your local AirTransportWing !

Roal Bavarian Airforce all the way

NEW RIGRYZEN 7  5800X3D~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP)

Magnetic compass p. 2-50:

The scale is calibrated in 5-degree increments and has a numeric readout every 30 degrees. North and South are marked “0” и “180” respectively.

Cyrilc "i" between the qouted numbers, shoud be "and". Also, the picture shows the compass marking of "18", not "180".

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.

2-27

Priority title

2nd tab, "contiguously"

ASUS P6X58D Premium, Intel Core i7 980X 3.33 Ghz Extreme, 12 Gb Corsair DDR 3 1600 Mhz, 2x 1 Gb Geforce 460 GTX GLH in SLI , X52 Pro, Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Logitech G15, TrackIR 4 Pro, 600 Gb Sata 3 WD Velociraptor 10000 RPM, 1000 W Corsair PSU, HOTAS WARTHOG