Fix for z-fighting jetwash effect

Mustang

These file edits will correct the ugly z-fighting of the jetwash effect when low to the water.

Simply extract and place files into Bazarshaders errain folder (original files folder is provided for backup)

P.S - i'm highly interested in the results of this, so let me know if you encounter any bugs with these adjustments.

Before the edit

after the edit

Edited by Mustang
  • Like 1

When you fly low over the water, the effect of the water being kicked up usually flashes on the surface, this mod fixes that.

Oh, and THANKS MUSTANG, FINALLY A FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Like 1

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

I'll give it a run for you and let you know how it goes

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

I've removed the surface.hlsl from the package in the first post due to some bugs i've discovered.

Users who have already downloaded the previous package can revert to the original surface.hlsl from the provided backup folder if needed.

• 2 weeks later...
same problem for ship wake mustang if u look into that one flickering as well.

mainly nvidia users suffer this glitch i think.

The flickering is resolved with this fix, but the ship wake effects still disappear when you get close to them, i will try to get to the bottom of it.

Also to add - this fix also affects rotor downwash from helos and also the water splash effect from explosions or aircraft falling into the water.

edit: i've verified that the shipwakes are fixed with this modification.

Edited by Mustang

• 2 weeks later...

Which version of DCS is this fix intended for?

Modded CapLoz HeliosV2.1_1280x1024.zip

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS:A10C,KA-50, Huey, Mi-8, WWII Euro 40+ Supporter, Mig21

Falcon 4 BMS

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Take on Helicopters

Arma 2 AO + PMC + BF All Addons Series

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Medivac & Search and Rescue 4 Series

DCS World 1.2.0

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 1 month later...
Lovely! While I have you here, how about your LOD fixes? The broken train models? The .50 cal tracer colour fix? Cheers.

Train model should be fixed, and the .50 cal has a totally new effect so no need for that mod.

Some of the .lod corrections have made it into 1.2.1 but not all.