MH370 Theories

GC1993

I thought this was an interesting theory on what may have taken place, titled: "Alright, Goodnight" - Does Malaysia want to know what happened to flight MH-370?

http://sofrep.com/34084/alright-goodnight-malaysia-want-know-happened-flight-mh-370/

He admits that this is just a theory like others. He basically links what happened to the political issues going on in Malaysia, that the pilots essentially hijacked the plane as a blackmail against the Malaysian government, and then crashed the plane when their demands were ignored.

This was his disclaimer:

Disclaimer – I don’t pretend to be an airline pilot, crash investigator or anything else. What I did do is read every story on the subject I could find critically, noticed inconsistencies between the various sources reporting, and start asking questions about those things to people I know who are smarter than me – an engineer, a rocket scientist, an active flight engineer and an airline pilot

I’ve linked to the sources I used in this piece. Other sources are more nerdy, like reading about the systems on the aircraft and how they should have reacted to a crash in conversations with live sources. More information may come to light that contradicts my theory. If so, I shall be happy to abandon it to the facts as they become known.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

guy at the bottom comment says something interesting, dont know if its true or not.

I DONT REALLY WHETHER TO ACCEPT THE THEORY OR NOT. WHEN I WATCHED THE PRESS CONFERENCE GIVEN BY THE MALAYSIAN AUTHORITY SOME DAYS BACK, WHEN A QUESTION WAS PRESENTED BY A REPORTER WHAT TYPE OF CARGO MH370 CARRYING, NOT MISTAKEN THE CEO OF MAS SAID A FEW TONNES OF MANGOSTEEN FRUITS WAS THE MAIN CARGO ONBOARD. THAT GET ME THINKING, IN MALAYSIA AROUND THIS PERIOD OF TIME, MALAYSIA DO NOT HAVE ANY MANGOSTEEN IN SEASON, THEY ONLY START FRUITING BY END OF MARCH ONWARDS AND FRESH FRUITS ARE AVAILABLE AROUND MAY ONWARDS.ANOTHER THING DO NOT THINK MALAYSIA EXPORT MANGOSTEEN !!!!!LOCAL COMSUMPTION IS SO HIGH AND MALAYSIA HAVE TO IMPORT FROM THAILAND icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif SO KIND OF SUSPICIOUS WHY THE AUTHORITY STILL HOLDING BACK TO REVIEW THE FULLL CARGO MANIFEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe my assumption of the developed world's technological capabilities were far too high, but I was under the impression that with all the nations involved, the outlined area that MH370 could have covered/crashed in would have been swept 5 times over by now?

It's not that the world's technological capabilities are considered too highly, it's that they're looked upon as almost magical. The effective radius concerning where that aircraft could have gone down is positively massive, and it doesn't matter how many eyes you put on it on Google Earth, whatever you see in the ocean is moving at a rate that can potentially shift it out of your field of view on the next orbital pass; such is the way of orbital inclination dynamics for optical search and intelligence.

And the Muslim terrorist angle (considering one of the flight crew member's religious backgrounds) never held water with me, for the simple fact that you're essentially a one man asset given direction to make a big splash- you don't put it down over water-

You use the flight clearance you have all the way to Beijing (which has had plenty of issues with Islam in the past that doesn't get much play here in the West) and give them their own 9/11.

Too many systems failures and massive course adjustment and speed differential from flt plan ..... way too many co-incidences .

Very surprised at the lack of floatsum . Seat cushions , lightweight carbon firbe carbon Kevlar parts ..... baggage . Ive been involved with a rescue effort before when an Air India 747 blew up off the south west coast of Ireland ..... much of the floatsum was baggage , shoes , teddy bears and paper .

It sucked ..... but this 777 is a real odd one ..... and nobody claiming anything . Im surprised Al Queda hasn't piped up and chimed in that they did it ..... nobody to prove otherwise now and a major coup on their part for doing nothing .

Well, the Pacific is huge, and no one seems to know where the plane went down.

Not terribly surprised al Qaeda hasn't claimed responsibility for it. Malaysia is a Muslim country, and though many of the passengers were Chinese, it'd still be far too many Muslims they'd claim responsibility for killing.

In the back of my mind, sucker for conspiracy theories that I am, I'm not sure whether I'll be really surprised, or not surprised at all, if in 15 years we discover MH370 was in a hanger on Diego Garcia being dismantled while the world searched, & all the passengers are currently enjoying an open ended stay on the CIA's flaoting accomodation out in the lagoon (or guests of a joint Australia / US long term stay facility on West Island).

Those airbases are vaguely on one or the other of the two paths they're looking along (at least where the Chinese are looking), and would explain why the pilots didn't just ditch, but climbed and nevigated towards somewhere...

Cheers.

Actually, while the post was (sort of) made in jest, all the original civilian population of Diego Garcia was deported by the British Govt so the US Govt would be kind enough to let them host the base there...

Between 1971 and 2001 the atoll's population were exclusively military staff (maybe families - not sure), now there's some 'civilian' military contractors there as well, but that's not what I'd consider a 'civilian poulation'.

Isn't that why the CIA has its floating guest accomodation and 'discovery' centres moored in the atoll - no-one will mention what they've seen coming and going ...

Edited by Weta43

Cheers.

Well, the natives were deported. Or as the British would say, resettled, as the whole thing was a massive breach of international law :P

But at least during the Gulf war there was a considerable civilian population there, as well as in peacetime plenty of regular military personnel, and British police even, so it'd hardly be easy to maintain any secrecy, especially considering the size of the island.

Interesting read this thread. Our news coverage here in Australia has been quite extensive regarding this plane and the many countries operating out of Perth. So far, not 1 piece of plane wreckage has been pulled out of the ocean. I'll add, not 1 piece of confirmed aircraft wreckage has been sighted let alone pulled out of the sea.

What has been seen by satellites is confirmed by the aircraft in the air as not plane wreckage. Malaysian officials have most likely came out with last weeks statement regarding the plane crashing into the Indian ocean to give the families some sort of closure. Amazes me how they can make this statement with out any aircraft wreckage being verified.

Our news reports have been saying "plane debri sighted" for over a week now but the news stations are only going on what the Malaysian officials have been releasing in their statements. RAAF officials have confirmed that no aircraft debri has been sighted by the planes and ships operating in the area. Our PM is doing the right thing in his press conferences and only going by what the RAAF is telling him not what is being reported by the news and Malaysian Government

yeah im still not buying it.

two things which made it somewhat more likely to be found where they are looking is the satellite "calculations" and the fact the captain was in the middle of a massive personal problem. but these still have two problems.

I have difficulty adding 1 + 1 (equals a window right?) but i do have a problem with a never used before and fundamentally untested, and so far as public knowledge; unconfirmed by a third party "calculation" which "irrefutably" puts a southern vector for aircraft.

secondly why fly the thing for 7 1/2 hours just to ditch if it was pilot suicide. i get that the culprit may still have wanted insurance to pay out his family but why bother keeping the plane in the air for that long.

another issue with the investigation is to do with the "hand shakes". they reckon owing to radar data the plane was traveling faster hence would have run out of fuel quicker, but the last hand shake still puts the aircraft at near the limit of its maximum endurance. and what about the partial handshake?? which was the last one.

but most of all, why the f*** go to all that effort, and risk getting intercepted by any number of different air forces (remember it occured in probably what is the warmest flashpoint at the moment) just to spud it in to drink half way between bugger all and nothing.

nup, i still think it was landed in burma, and went lord only knows where after that.

at least our p-3 crews are getting some hours up i suppose.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

what really happened to flight mh370?

I still don't understand how authorities find a different object everyday but yet it is no part of a plane...

My questions are:

- why did it take so long to deploy search teams?

- Why no mayday from pilot?

- How can we find a soccer ball in a middle of a soccer field using google map but we cant find a plane the size of a building?

- Or the government knows something we don't?

Check this video i found:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj9pQN-Qxbo

I still don't understand how authorities find a different object everyday but yet it is no part of a plane...

My questions are:

- why did it take so long to deploy search teams?

- Why no mayday from pilot?

- How can we find a soccer ball in a middle of a soccer field using google map but we cant find a plane the size of a building?

- Or the government knows something we don't?

As for your questions:

1. It didn't. They started searching almost instantly after learning something bad happened.

2. Dunno yet. One possible explanation is that he wanted to commit suicide.

3. To stay with your example: We don't know WHICH soccer field. We have to search every one of them. The oceans are HUGE. That is not easy. And that plane is most likely not intact. We know from other crashes that there might even be no debris at all floating around. So we don't even know how it will look. We have to search manually.

Also lots of stuff is floating around on the oceans. At the moment they are looking at everything that might be debris. That's where all the false positives come from.

4. Maybe. Maybe not. Also: Which government?

The ocean is so full of trash/junk from various sources, the volume of debris from a single aircraft is just a drop in the bucket.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Tragic, perplexing and hopefully the multinational search mission finds it.

I reckon what's been staring us in the 'faces' is the pilot cctv footage. Was it verified with true focused cctv recordings? What was the source of the leak.

Watch it a few times, and not only is it the poorest quailty they decided to run with for whatever agenda, you'll notice that it appears to be doctored. Faces are blurred after stepping through to the subpar security check, then the side on angles for baggage collection are overexposed. Basically you can't identify them at all... Who's to say the real pilots were ID'd to ever get on the plane. Hijacked... But, we can't verify it so it's another conspiracy.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pIOx0ASAhPo

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

Regarding the MH370, until the plane is found it is difficult to explain what happened to it and why they changed flightpaths from the registered flightpath to China, specially why the plane didn't communicate over radio to call for a problem on board.

Fire, loss of cabin pressure, fuel shortage, alien, terrorrists, suicide, shotdown, who knows?

Just wanted to remind you of the Helios Flight 522 crash. Cabin pressure problem/fault (human error?) and the crew and passengers where in a depressurized plane that fell from the skies because they were on autopilot control and the plane ran until the fuel was fully consumed. The crew lost senses before they could realize what was happening with the plane climbing to FL34.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helios_Airways_Flight_522

If the MH370 Boeing was in airworthy condition and the autopilot was on, it could have been flownd until it ran out of fuel and the crew was disabled for some reason!

So finding it in the south of the indian ocean is going to be very difficult, the area is huge, the sea bed is mountainous and the weather is problematic.

Just wish they have a lucky break with the debri just to rest the families of those passengers and crew!

"IN ALTIS VIS ET VIRTUS"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just wanted to remind you of the Helios Flight 522 crash.

Good point. IIRC, that was attributed to pilot error, wasn't it? Both the pilot and the copilot failed to identify the cause of different warnings and went unconscious before they could react to the situation.

Does anyone know whether pilots in training are made aware of crashes like Helios 522? After all, the cause of the crash was a simple, single switch setting for the environment controls and failure to set the know to the auto position IIRC.

So does it make sense to tell new pilots the specific reasons why planes have crashed in the past? Or would it just add to their stuffed training and work schedule? Crashes like Helios 522 or AF447 just seem too avoidable to not teach new pilots about them I think.

that was attributed to pilot error, wasn't it?

Does anyone know whether pilots in training are made aware of crashes like Helios 522?

The crash happened because of the failure by the captain and co-pilot to recognize that the pressurization system was in "manual" instead of "auto". The airplane startup checklist was correctly followed? Did they rushed the startup and didn't check everything? Was the pressurization system to "Auto" in the checklist?

But it was a series of chain events because they communicated to their control center in cyprus of the warning of takeoff configuration but no one was able to recognize the problem in time because the crew was continuing to climb to an altitude where they needed pressurization until they fell unconscious.

The plane had previous pressurization problems that could have contributed to the crash but the board of investigation didn't find evidence that it was the fault.

Meanwhile the FAA requires that all Boeing 737's have two warning lights for takeoff configuration or pressurization because of this crash.

Let's see what will be the measure by the authorities to ensure that in the future when a plane disappears it will be more easily found.

The dependence of a physical data register in the plane is a challenge. Maybe a dual system?

Could such data as telemetry data registration per flight be stored over cloud computing?

Something as a storage on cloud drive over a wireless connection as to create a log of the airplane telemetry and communication per flight registered by plane?

So you think that could be achievable in a near future? At least "cloud" storage could be closer to the sky... :D

"IN ALTIS VIS ET VIRTUS"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 months later...

Flight MH17 with a Boeing 777-200 operated by Malaysia Airlines broke up in the air probably as the result of structural damage caused by a large number of high-energy objects that penetrated the aircraft from outside. This is mentioned in the preliminary report on the investigation into the crash of MH17 that has been published today by the Dutch Safety Board. There are no indications that the MH17 crash was caused by a technical fault or by actions of the crew.

b3923acad0ceprem-rapport-mh-17-en-interactief.pdf

Edited by SimFreak

MH17... they needed some MH370 wreckage to find in the southern Indian Ocean?

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

MY GOD

THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN STOP THIS IS

well, all of us.

Isn't it scary 90% of us know how to steal an A-10 Effectively?

We can really stop this entire thing right now.

Whos with me

I better see some hands.

I keep thinking this whenever i hear news outlets ramble about how it would take "professional trained personell" to operate this and that machine. :D