DCSW AMD vs nVidia Exhaust View Distance.

DCSW反作弊能力太弱

DCSW anti cheating was too weak,

我看到过安装作弊器的SU27能快速到F15的六点位置进行攻击,而且F15根本就逃脱不掉;

I have seen the installation for the SU27 can quickly to six F15 position to attack, but F15 did escape;

还看到知道对方在哪个位置,或是几个人都同时安装了作弊器,能相互进行指挥和掩护;

See also know each other in what position, or several people at the same time to install a cheat, each command and cover;

更看到有人能在原地360度转动,并且高度不变。

See someone in place of 360 degree rotation, and constant height.

建议:增加或加强建立服务器时,必须默认的同时开启反作弊功能。

Recommendations: increase or enhance the server, also must be the default open anti cheating function.

DCSW anti cheating was too weak,

I have seen the installation for the SU27 can quickly to six F15 position to attack, but F15 did escape;

F-15 can escape Su-27, it's not a problem under the right circumstances.

See also know each other in what position, or several people at the same time to install a cheat, each command and cover;

See someone in place of 360 degree rotation, and constant height.

I don't understand what this means. Can you provide a better description or, better yet, a track of the problem?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I have not any track, but sometimes in MP I find some F-15 flying at 1900 km/h, with fuel tanks and some Missiles.

Also modifying the .lua they can see the Mig-29 smoke too far and they get a unrealistic advantage at close combat without EOS.

I think ED must add Anticheat for the .lua modify.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1900kph at what altitude? An F-15C should be able to reach that speed eventually if the wing tanks are empty, but it will take a long time.

As for MiG-29 smoke, what do you mean they can see too far? How do you know? My eyes are bad, I cannot see F-16's in RL very far, but I can see MiG-29 quite far because of smoke.

I have not any track, but sometimes in MP I find some F-15 flying at 1900 km/h, with fuel tanks and some Missiles.

Also modifying the .lua they can see the Mig-29 smoke too far and they get a unrealistic advantage at close combat without EOS.

I think ED must add Anticheat for the .lua modify.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I believe this is more of a graphics card manufacturer thing, from experience i have seen users with AMD cards reporting seeing the engine smokes correctly (my 7850 renders all engine smokes as intended) while some users see less or nothing - OR it could be that older card models do not render the smoke correctly or are unable to due to hardware limitations.

I believe this is more of a graphics card manufacturer thing, from experience i have seen users with AMD cards reporting seeing the engine smokes correctly (my 7850 renders all engine smokes as intended) while some users see less or nothing - OR it could be that older card models do not render the smoke correctly or are unable to due to hardware limitations.

I also think the smoke issue is related to Nvidia cards. AMD owners I know see smoke fine from good ranges whilst its a mixed bag with Nvidia owners, some see it fine, whilst others don't see it too good from even close up.

Regardless the <51>Server is integrity checked for what I think is the relevant file since the introduction of 1.2.8.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

As a Chinese, let me answer these question from zhabcde5 with Chinese。

27在某些情况下机动性确实比15要好,但15并不是没有机会逃脱,学会利用15的推重比优势。

有些服务器的F10视角并没有被禁止,所以可以了解整体空情。

原地不动和360度旋转的问题,建议你检查一下网络。

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1900kph at what altitude? An F-15C should be able to reach that speed eventually if the wing tanks are empty, but it will take a long time.

As for MiG-29 smoke, what do you mean they can see too far? How do you know? My eyes are bad, I cannot see F-16's in RL very far, but I can see MiG-29 quite far because of smoke.

I come with Pictures the next days. today I made a pic but I forgot paste the screenshoot.

This last try was in the 104 Server with a F-15 at 6000m with fuel tanks/missiles with Speed of 1800 km/h "UNSTOPPABLE"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Actually thats not entirely true. NVIDIA users (all those I know of at least) CANT see the smoke beyond 5km in any manner unless zoomed in (this should be realistic IMO). The smoke generally renders fine at close range, but dissipates and clips off at anything more than 2-3km to pretty much invisible.

On the other hand, AMD users can see "smoke trails" up to 30-40km in some instances (eg. head on profile), with normal side on profile a constant trail is visible up to 15km.

IMO this gives an extremely unfair advantage to AMD card owners! Obviously I might be missing something (like a graphics card driver specific setting), though I tried playing around with all of my NVIDIA controls to no apparent changes. Maybe someone knows of any specific setting that affects this?

I think ED should normalize the rendering profile so that is consistent for everyone. Also sensitive files specific to this should be locked to prevent cheating.

I also think the smoke issue is related to Nvidia cards. AMD owners I know see smoke fine from good ranges whilst its a mixed bag with Nvidia owners, some see it fine, whilst others don't see it too good from even close up.

Regardless the <51>Server is integrity checked for what I think is the relevant file since the introduction of 1.2.8.

Edited by Breakshot

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

Actually thats not entirely true. NVIDIA users (all those I know of at least) CANT see the smoke beyond 5km in any manner unless zoomed in (this should be realistic IMO). The smoke generally renders fine at close range, but dissipates and clips off at anything more than 2-3km to pretty much invisible.

On the other hand, AMD users can see "smoke trails" up to 30-40km in some instances (eg. head on profile), with normal side on profile a constant trail is visible up to 15km.

IMO this gives an extremely unfair advantage to AMD card owners! Obviously I might be missing something (like a graphics card driver specific setting), though I tried playing around with all of my NVIDIA controls to no apparent changes. Maybe someone knows of any specific setting that affects this?

I think ED should normalize the rendering profile so that is consistent for everyone. Also sensitive files specific to this should be locked to prevent cheating.

This would explain why I have had no idea what people who complain about smoke are talking about. I see a realistic amount of smoke with my Nvidia card.

This would explain why I have had no idea what people who complain about smoke are talking about. I see a realistic amount of smoke with my Nvidia card.

EXACTLY what I've been complaining about since the smoke came out.... All I see is blobs of smoke. I have heavily modified "exhaustTrailAir" and "PlaneConst" to get a realistic amount of smoke. Restricting editability of those files would mean death for me, I'd stop using dcs altogether....:cry:

It's unfortunate how devs seem to be completely def when this kind of issues come up, all they do is move threads to the wishlist section :doh:

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Can someone post a video of what the smoke looks like on ATI cards ?

Rather than running the risk of Youtube raping the footage, herewith screenshots with ATI 7970:

F-15C at 13nm default view:

7Lcj6HE.png

F-15C at 13nm first visual view:

S8eZ103.png

F-15C at 13nm max zoom view:

Y1rImmG.png

SU-27 at 13nm default view:

jNm4of3.png

SU-27 at 13nm first visual view:

rHwHEBd.png

SU-27 at 13nm max zoom view:

BYyZOKM.png

F-15C 40nm max zoom view - good luck spotting the Bandit.

C6VLKsa.png

Not as easy at it would appear, yes?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Still too smokey IMO but nowhere near my experience!

Attached is the F-15 from F2 view from as far as possible (using mousewheel)

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Attached is the F-15 from F2 view from as far as possible (using mousewheel)

I would have thought that most servers would restrict F2-View for combat purposes. In any event - check cockpit view: You'll see that the smoke is less.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Smoking is working as coded/intended so how can it be a bug? Same files used for all installs with different results on different card manufacturers would be indicative of a video driver issue as opposed to a game engine issue. Or are people saying that there needs to be a seperate NVidia install and a seperate ATI install.

That's nonsensical so surely I'm missing something, yes? Question is what? If the smoke needs to be dialled back for ATI users then surely said change will render smoke all but invisible to the NVidia crowd, leading to yet another damn-busting barrage of complaints. What is one to do?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Smoking is working as coded/intended so how can it be a bug? Same files used for all installs with different results on different card manufacturers would be indicative of a video driver issue as opposed to a game engine issue. Or are people saying that there needs to be a seperate NVidia install and a seperate ATI install.

That's nonsensical so surely I'm missing something, yes? Question is what? If the smoke needs to be dialled back for ATI users then surely said change will render smoke all but invisible to the NVidia crowd, leading to yet another damn-busting barrage of complaints. What is one to do?

Maybe start by saying "yes, there is a problem with how smoke is rendered, we are aware of that and we will look into it" ?

That's what companies usually do. What they don't do is derail each and every thread that reports the problem and come up with laughable excuses such us "try cockpit view".

Well here's the thing, if smoke sucks it does so from the cockpit and from F2 view, and since I like to take screenshots I don't see why it would be acceptable to have ugly smoke when viewed from outside just because "some servers forbid F2 view".

And btw, web developers make websites that work across a number of browsers and each one has different perks and issues, surely they are not making a website that works well on chrome and then go and expect microsoft to fix IE so their website works.

ED is responsible for creating something that works across all supported hardware, not the other way around. Can't make it work on ATI? Then update the specs and tell everyone that Ati cards are not supported.

It is you who are making no sense at all.

What problem? As seen from my screen shots above, I have no problem with ATI.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, that's a pretty bad bug then, why would smoke be less in cockpit view.

FoV settings?

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

What problem? As seen from my screen shots above, I have no problem with ATI.

I'm sure we are all glad YOU have no problem.

Edited by bkthunder

ahah, ok you edited ;)

Yes, I added ATI for those that missed the 7970 reference earlier. Again, what's the issue? Argument was that ATI has an advantage. I said there is none.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Perhaps all this time where people have been getting better performance in general with Nvidia cards has been to subtle short-cuts resulting in things not being rendered. When the smoke was first introduced it was mostly only visible with HDR turned on from all but the MiG29. The fact that it was changed to work without HDR at the same level of smoke would seem to indicate that the smoke seen from all jets is more or less as intended.