Things are Pretty Quiet

Cobra847

@shagrat I prefer when things being done right, especially when it means DCS modules.

On other hand, I’m software developer. If I would tell my client, that this and this would be done at end of July, and then state that I will do that to September, but it will be done RIGHT this time, I would lose my contract.

Alright, Leatherneck is not my employee, I didn’t sign any contract with them, so I don’t have any means to demand anything from them, and I understand that they cannot be responsible for “promises” made by Beczl.

Still, it’s somewhat disgusting that we are waiting so long for this, especially people who put real money into this project (thank god I only “invested” 20 bucks…).

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we expect A-10C level training tutorials?

I honestly have not flown the A-10C tutorials; but we do ship with a comprehensive suite of interactive tutorials for the aircraft.

They're easy to follow and should get you going very quickly.

I will be very surprised if they release this thing this year. After loads of delays, troubles of any kind, and even removing one of the most important guy from the team, I’m ready for anything. Even the license problems with MiG design bureau or some other legal stuff.

One would think, that this project was initially planned to be released in 2012…

The MiG-21 to be released back then was something of a FC-level hybrid aircraft. Since then; something like 10% remains.

Essentially you can say that real development on this DCS: MiG-21 started in early 2013, when things began being rewritten in C++ and the entire artwork was scrapped (save for a few small bits).

On other hand, I’m software developer. If I would tell my client, that this and this would be done at end of July, and then state that I will do that to September, but it will be done RIGHT this time, I would lose my contract.

I'm not sure you'd ever take on a contract to develop for an engine you have no inkling on how it works or how to develop for.

The learning curve, no matter how skilled you are, is the true time sink here.

I have been a freelance artist for quite a few years at this point, I know how this works, and your analogy is not applicable.

I find it rather amusing that there is still so much skepticism from some individuals. (nothing particularly wrong with that either).

The bombardment of info and materials from various elements in the next week or two should change this. At least, I hope.

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

How about some pictures of it firing ordinance, some theatrical shots.

Man I could really use a navigator right about now.

i7-3770K @ Stock

MSI GD-65 Z77 Mobo

G.Skill Ripjaws Z [16GB] @ 2133 Mhz

AMD Radeon HD 7950 [sapphire Tech] @ 1150/1600 Mhz

OCZ Vector 256GB [C:/]

Seagate Barracuda LP 2TB @ 5900RPM [D:/]

Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB @ 7200 [E:/]

Western Digital Blue 1TB @ 7200 [H:/]

Corsair AX850 PSU

Corsair 650D Case [so Sexy <3]

It is hard not be skeptical given the history of flight sim development in general and the history of this project in particular. Was it not just late January when a firm "no later than March 31st" release date was announced only to be followed a week later by potential cancellation of the entire project? I look forward to the release of the MiG-21 as much or more than I looked forward to the release of Target, Fighter Ops, or Jet Thunder, and unlike those projects I even put some money down. Of course, the money was thrown away as it did not get to the real developers and as yet I have no MiG-21 in hand.

When the MiG-21bis is on my hard drive and working as well or better than promised, I will lose my skepticism and hand over some money to comp the developers despite my prior wasted funds. Until then, all I expect are more delays and excuses.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It is hard not be skeptical given the history of flight sim development in general and the history of this project in particular. Was it not just late January when a firm "no later than March 31st" release date was announced only to be followed a week later by potential cancellation of the entire project? I look forward to the release of the MiG-21 as much or more than I looked forward to the release of Target, Fighter Ops, or Jet Thunder, and unlike those projects I even put some money down. Of course, the money was thrown away as it did not get to the real developers and as yet I have no MiG-21 in hand.

When the MiG-21bis is on my hard drive and working as well or better than promised, I will lose my skepticism and hand over some money to comp the developers despite my prior wasted funds. Until then, all I expect are more delays and excuses.

Well I have to say that I agree with this feeling mostly. Also as it was mentioned earlier that a release in two months was a little of an exaggeration and that was posted in mid March. Well...here we are in approaching mid May. Add to that there has not been any WIP videos to demonstrate anything thus far from what I have seen here. When asked the usual "soon" response seems to be the only thing we get. No I am not entitled to anything although I did support the crowd funding, but it just feels like the can is being kicked down the road and my excitement level has dwindled somewhat. I'm sure it will be revived WHEN things start to surface...I hope

Edited by Raven68

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I have 100% faith in the current team getting this thing out very soon.

I would however encourage the team call it a BETA release the way ED do. I'm not saying release it a minute before the team feel it's done, just that I think it's impossible to release something this complex without having a few bugs hiding in it.

Not to mention all the individual WON"T INSTALL! / DELETED MY HARD DRIVE! / RAPED MY GOAT! posts that will follow.

I'll even go as far as to offer my early congratulation to the team for pulling it off.

Guess the lucky ones saw my live feed of take offs and shooting kh-66, and a belly land. :pilotfly:

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

Well I have to say that I agree with this feeling mostly. Also as it was mentioned earlier that a release in two months was a little of an exaggeration and that was posted in mid March. Well...here we are in approaching mid May. Add to that there has not been any WIP videos to demonstrate anything thus far from what I have seen here. When asked the usual "soon" response seems to be the only thing we get. No I am not entitled to anything although I did support the crowd funding, but it just feels like the can is being kicked down the road and my excitement level has dwindled somewhat. I'm sure it will be revived WHEN things start to surface...I hope

That's fine.

We're very close. That's the only assurance left to give.

Working on a video as we speak.

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

Thanks for the heads-up, Cobra!

One question though. In the neighboring thread that talks about post-release priorities you mentioned that making campaign would be one of them. Which, kind of implied that it will not be there in the release.

Now we get a message that campaign will be there. Don't take me wrong, this is absolutely great news and personally I'm very happy. But if you had campaign completed, why did you not plan to include it in release? Due to copyright issues or something along those lines? Or did you just want not to give all the cookies at the same time, and just withhold OUR PRECIOUS for a bit? ;)

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Thanks for the heads-up, Cobra!

One question though. In the neighboring thread that talks about post-release priorities you mentioned that making campaign would be one of them. Which, kind of implied that it will not be there in the release.

Now we get a message that campaign will be there. Don't take me wrong, this is absolutely great news and personally I'm very happy. But if you had campaign completed, why did you not plan to include it in release? Due to copyright issues or something along those lines? Or did you just want not to give all the cookies at the same time, and just withhold OUR PRECIOUS for a bit? ;)

Hey Andrei,

We weren't entirely sure whether the campaign could be completed in time for the release window; so we set it aside for a while and focused on other pressing issues.

Over the past few days things have settled down on the code-side of things; and Novak was able to re-divert attention to the Campaign.

It being "finished" is a little bit of a misnomer however -- it still needs some testing, revision of text, and eventually translation. :)

• Like 1

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

I would however encourage the team call it a BETA release the way ED do. I'm not saying release it a minute before the team feel it's done, just that I think it's impossible to release something this complex without having a few bugs hiding in it.

You caught my attention with your post. We will have to think about it from the patching perspective, StarForce protection and Eagle management opinion.

As for the 21 release, if it would be an utter necessity - it could be released in 2-3 days. However, we want to wrap it up properly, and we want Eagle green light. Bottom line is - the development is finished, we are adding features and polishing things.

Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

it is before the storm :D

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Hey Andrei,

We weren't entirely sure whether the campaign could be completed in time for the release window; so we set it aside for a while and focused on other pressing issues.

Over the past few days things have settled down on the code-side of things; and Novak was able to re-divert attention to the Campaign.

It being "finished" is a little bit of a misnomer however -- it still needs some testing, revision of text, and eventually translation. :)

Will there be a way to get russian speech in the campaign (with English text)?

The English speech in su25 campaign is making it unplayable for me.

No. The campaign is finished.

As for the 21 release, if it would be an utter necessity - it could be released in 2-3 days. However, we want to wrap it up properly, and we want Eagle green light. Bottom line is - the development is finished, we are adding features and polishing things.

Wonderful, thanks for taking your time to answer.

Looking forward to the next fix of MiG-21 media. :)

Edited by upupandaway

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

the development is finished, we are adding features and polishing things.

Awesome, great news I'm looking forward to buying this :)

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

That's fine.

We're very close. That's the only assurance left to give.

Working on a video as we speak.

You caught my attention with your post. We will have to think about it from the patching perspective, StarForce protection and Eagle management opinion.

Ahhhh a new day and a new perspective. I like what I read here and I am resetting myself. The excitement is starting to build again! :)

Thank you guys for taking the time to come on and address our "gripes". It does speak volumes and helps the confidence.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

These are great news! We all can relax and enjoy teasers. I'm really glad that, obviously, I'll be flying my favorite plane during the summer vacation. ;)

Take the time to properly integrate it into the ED installer and shop! This way it is so much easier for newcomers and long time DCS players to acquire the module. I guess after the problems with the crowd funding, it is vital to get new customers for the Mig as easy as possible... this will help fund future projects.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)