STATEMENT ON RELEASE

Cobra847

You can never be sure to deliver on the date said in soft dev. Even the day before the release you can find a bug, an extorior agent may force you to delay etc...

Look, we are at max 1 month away from release and LN can't give a release date because of many possible unexpected sources of delay.

What do you think would be the level of confidence for announcing a date months ago?

It's always the same, people wan't them to say nothing until it is sure, but it's never sure,so they may miss the date they get beaten by everybody but when they say nothing people cry because "they do not communicate" ....

I actually think most of the things you oppose to them has been triggered by community behavior.

The problem is we aren't MAX 1 month away, we might be but then again we might not be. Who knows anymore.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is we aren't MAX 1 month away, we might be but then again we might not be. Who knows anymore.

You perfectly sum it up..and that's why when you're a dev you're stuck between not saying anything until you are decimals away from being 100% sure of release date or trying to give hints at the risk of being slayed by the community when things do not turn out like planned.

I'm fine with hints, different hints have different values.. the steam release date is an engagement that seems to mean things are going well unless an unforseen problem appears...Which is always possible.

• Like 1

Core I7 4770K-16Gb DDR3 1800- SLI MSI GTX 770 Lightning 2Gb-Win 7 64 bit - TM Cougar

You perfectly sum it up..and that's why when you're a dev you're stuck between not saying anything until you are decimals away from being 100% sure of release date or trying to give hints at the risk of being slayed by the community when things do not turn out like planned.

I'm fine with hints, different hints have different values.. the steam release date is an engagement that seems to mean things are going well unless an unforseen problem appears...Which is always possible.

You are correct , unfortunately LN has not been very accurate in most if not all their dates so far.

I still wonder if it wouldn't have been better to go the Beta route.

You guys need a new hobby, try the Sabre or Dora...

Flightsims ARE my hobby and FSX is boring me to tears atm. Already have the Sabre, it didn't quite tickle my fancy, I just bought it because I had one of them 70% discount coupons. Still on the fence about the Dora. Does it come with a campaign or any missions? The Sabre release was quite barebones, I know it's a beta but still.

AMD FX-6300

8GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LP DDR3 RAM

SAPPHIRE HD 7790 DUAL-X O/C 1GB DDR5

2TB SEAGATE HDD

WIN7 ULTIMATE X64

over analyze everything

Yep that about sums up this subform these days. :D

• Like 1

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Still on the fence about the Dora. Does it come with a campaign or any missions?.

No it doesn't have a campaign or any training, but it has quickstart and single missions, same as the Sabre.

The Sabre would be an absolute blast if we had the engine sounds are supposed to have like in btd's videos...

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Once again this thread turns into a joke...

GIVE IT A FRIGGIN REST

Everybody needs to take a walk, or a nap or whatever..

GOOD GOD

This is the stupiest comment ever.

...no. The most stupid is asking for a release date. But this kind come close.

Actually, if we do enjoy spending some time on the forum discussing with release date... WHY ON EARTH YOU F**** TRY TO MESS WITH US.

They is a damn "return" button on the keyboard, just press it, return to main menu and go talk about something else, somewhere else.

As soon as conversation stay polite and respectfull with develloper, they is strictly no reason for such stupid comment such as yours.

If you have no interrest in speculation, just leave the f**** thread and go discuss something else. They is a lot of other interresting discution in this awesome forum, just don't come and put some oil in the fire.

Mods. Please kill people that are disrespectfull with devs, they deserve it - but also please enforce respect toward those who enjoy having fun with speculation. Thank you !

Greetings,

Wolf.

• Like 2

lol; statement on release is its not released yet.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

lol; statement on release is its not released yet.

Hahahahaha Cart before the horse!!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

This is the stupiest comment ever.

...no. The most stupid is asking for a release date. But this kind come close.

Actually, if we do enjoy spending some time on the forum discussing with release date... WHY ON EARTH YOU F**** TRY TO MESS WITH US.

They is a damn "return" button on the keyboard, just press it, return to main menu and go talk about something else, somewhere else.

As soon as conversation stay polite and respectfull with develloper, they is strictly no reason for such stupid comment such as yours.

If you have no interrest in speculation, just leave the f**** thread and go discuss something else. They is a lot of other interresting discution in this awesome forum, just don't come and put some oil in the fire.

Mods. Please kill people that are disrespectfull with devs, they deserve it - but also please enforce respect toward those who enjoy having fun with speculation. Thank you !

Greetings,

Wolf.

Nope, my comments were not stupid in any way and if you take the time to go back and read pretty much ANYTHING that ACER has to say you will see why I posted this... Acer is hassling the devs, not me.. So please brush up on your reading skills as they are failing you at the moment..

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

maybe we should start a game, each person gives a date of the release, and the guy that is closest wins the jackpot..everybody in the game pays 1 €.. what do you say?))

problem is too small money to be worthwhile considering bank transfer wire and stuff..

so instead of monetary award how about the guy that lands the release date closest becomes "Generalissimo of knowledge about dates".. this title will be held with extreme honor and will be visible in the users forum nick,signature,pic etc.. or something along this lines..

Anyway, i expectation of my sixth sense working, i am giving my date)): its going to be released on September 24, at 08:30 GMT.. i'm saying released not announced..this will be very strict game.. )) lol..

so guys,hit it.. what are your release dates..

maybe we should start a game, each person gives a date of the release, and the guy that is closest wins the jackpot..everybody in the game pays 1 €.. what do you say?))

problem is too small money to be worthwhile considering bank transfer wire and stuff..

so instead of monetary award how about the guy that lands the release date closest becomes "Generalissimo of knowledge about dates".. this title will be held with extreme honor and will be visible in the users forum nick,signature,pic etc.. or something along this lines..

Anyway, i expectation of my sixth sense working, i am giving my date)): its going to be released on September 24, at 08:30 GMT.. i'm saying released not announced..this will be very strict game.. )) lol..

so guys,hit it.. what are your release dates..

September 14, 12:00 GMT. I'm 70% sure that I'm 100% sure.

(Didn't Cobra say we would get a release date announced in the first couple of days in September?)

Edited by Muppetlord

They day I wake up and find a key in my email. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: