Alien invasion

Marko321

I seriously was about to start a thread like this. Anyone here ever get the mother ship mod for FSX where you could fly up the flat side and there was a runway inside like in the movie. That model was massive.

killership.jpg1.jpg

I would love to fly the Naboo fighter from the prequel star wars movies. That seems like a sweet little fighter.

N1_fighter.jpg

I've got original SciFi meshes to put to good use.

We've actually drunkenly discussed this internally at LN.

It'd be fun to try something independence day-esque with MiG-21's en masse instead of Hornets. :P

That's the beauty of a mod like this you could use every playable craft in Game. At the same time if you so wished with multiple VU's attacking

I could see my self in a Mig or A10 on a attack run screaming down

The comms, pay backs a Bitch. LoL

And Ride of the Valkyries playing in the back ground. He he.

Edited by Marko321

• 1 month later...
Waiting for the DCS: X-wing image to be posted....

As a mod Ed tester please tell us this is humor :doh:

What a waste of resources, after i just explained what DCS is by definition in this thread here............. http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2154961&postcount=17

Digital Combat Simulator World (DCS World) is a free-to-play digital military aircraft battlefield simulation developed by Eagle Dynamics (ED).

It includes a free Sukhoi Su-25T attack aircraft and TF-51D Mustang, and is extensible through additional DCS modules as well as user-made add-ons and mods.

DCS World includes a vast mission area of the Caucasus region that encompasses much of Georgia - the location of the Russo-Georgian war in 2008.

Additionally, DCS World includes: powerful mission and campaign editors, online multiplayer, massive inventory of air, land and sea combat units and weapons, advanced AI, fast mission generator, dynamic weather and seasons, training missions, mission replay system, and pilot log book.

This all allows the creation of engaging, real-world combat missions in this flashpoint region. DCS is a true "sandbox" simulation that can and will in the future cover multiple time periods covering many types of combat and civilian units. DCS World allows both realistic game play and more relaxed game play to suit the player.

DCS modules that can plug into DCS World include aircraft, maps, ground units, campaigns, etc. Not only does DCS World include modules developed internally by Eagle Dynamics, but it also includes those by certified third party developers. The first third party aircraft to be introduced was the UH-1H Huey.

Future and upcoming modules include the McDonnell Douglas F/A-18C Hornet, Focke-Wulf Fw 190, BAE Systems Hawk, and Bell AH-1 Cobra.

Internet Reference:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Combat_Simulator

Study Sims

Modern jet combat aircraft and helicopters have a variety of complex electronic and weapon systems that are specific to a particular aircraft. This has led to a genre called the "study sim", which focuses on modelling an aircraft's systems as accurately as possible, often requiring thick manuals that rival the real manuals in detail. EF2000 might be an early iteration of such games, and when released by Digital Image Design (DiD) in 1995 it quickly garnered a cult following, including a user group that produced a detailed online manual of weapons and tactics. Soon afterward, a collaborative effort between Electronic Arts and Jane's specialized in such sims in the 1990s with titles such as Jane's Longbow, Jane's Longbow 2, Jane's F-15 and Jane's F/A-18.

Falcon 4.0 is perhaps the highest regarded example of this genre. This detailed simulation of the USAF F-16 Fighting Falcon was based on a series first begun in 1987 (Falcon). Later iterations improved the fidelity of avionics, weapons systems, physics, and flight models until version 4 was released by Spectrum HoloByte (later marketed by MicroProse) in 1998. Official development stopped after a few updates, but thanks to the intervention of MicroProse Chairman Gilman Louie, the Falcon 4 community took over development of further versions and add-ons. As of 2011, the community development is still highly active.

Helicopter simulations have their own story, beginning with Gunship, by MicroProse, in 1986. Nearly ten years later, in 1995, Digital Integration released Apache Longbow. The most sophisticated helicopter game to date, it would only be exceeded by Origin the year following. In 1996, Jane's AH-64D Longbow was created by Origin and released by Electronic Arts as part of the Jane's Combat Simulator series. The sequel, Jane's Longbow 2, was released late in 1997, improving every aspect of the game, particularly the terrain and objects. (Longbow 2 was one of the early simulations to take advantage of hardware accelerated graphics including advanced lighting). The following year, in 1998, Empire Interactive released Enemy Engaged: Apache vs Havoc allowing players to choose to fly for either the USA or for Russia. Meanwhile NovaLogic released the final iteration of their Comanche series in 2001.

The Digital Combat Simulator started with its first release DCS: Black Shark in 2008 a series of simulations, which can only be compared with Falcon 4.0 (and may excel the older simulation). The PC game simulates the Russian Kamov Ka-50 attack helicopter and was developed by Eagle Dynamics in cooperation with helicopter-manufacturer Kamov (the Kamov-logo can be found in the main-screen). The simulation features a complete and detailed cockpit of the Ka-50. All relevant switches are accurately modelled and functional. Over 500 key-commands are mapped, but the fully interactive cockpit allows virtually every switch and radio-button to be clicked and changed.[5]

Besides the traditional input-devices such as joystick, throttle and pedals, DCS has a built-in support for TrackIR with 6 DOF, creating (in conjunction with the interactive 3D-cockpit) a very realistic experience.

Due to the increased flexibility of the DCS system, additional fixed-wing aircraft and helicopter add-ons will be released as (independent) "modules" one by one, each module providing another realistic vehicle. The latest module released (release date September 21, 2012) features the North American P-51 Mustang.

Internet Reference:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combat_flight_simulator

Why would this be in a serious Wish List thread.... please!

I have HAWX and Ace Combat PG Rated games for that but if its a public mod for those who would enjoy this go ahead but this "Should not be a part of DCS Development Resources and Time"!

This is a nonsense approach to what this sim could be in its development, its off putting to read threads like this just makes you think people cant make good Air Combat Study Sims anymore!

Just my opinion!

Cheers,

:chair:

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

Alien invasion

I dunno. I don't see why it should be any concern if a third party wants to focus on fictional aircraft. It's not like your forced to buy them.

Honestly if there were not the dreamers in this world then where would our current air power be?

A lot of aviation interest stems from the cool factor. Jets are just plain and simply BA. Fictional tv shows inspired us to dream bigger and go farther.

I'm sticking to my guns here and would love to play a high end simulation with fictional aircraft that would handle like a real aircraft should.

I missed the last part of your comment about ED not doing these modules. I can agree with that too. I would much rather them stick with current real world aircraft. They seem to have great resources when it comes to researching the data they need to complete their projects.

Godzilla!!!

If you want aliens then why not monsters too? Godzilla is always being buzzed by jets and helicopters. We could have a mission with him crunching/burning a town and we have to stop him. That would be fun! He could shoot his radio active fire at you or hit you with his hand or tail. :thumbup:

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

As a mod Ed tester please tell us this is humor :doh:

What a waste of resources, after i just explained what DCS is by definition in this thread here............. http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2154961&postcount=17

Why would this be in a serious Wish List thread.... please!

I have HAWX and Ace Combat PG Rated games for that but if its a public mod for those who would enjoy this go ahead but this "Should not be a part of DCS Development Resources and Time"!

This is a nonsense approach to what this sim could be in its development, its off putting to read threads like this just makes you think people cant make good Air Combat Study Sims anymore!

Just my opinion!

Cheers,

:chair:

You mean you missed the WIP shots? ;)

post-8064-0-62501700-1404328959.jpg

Per Ardua Ad Aquarium :drink:

Specs: Intel i7-9700K, GTX 2080TI, 32GB DDR4, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2

I have fantasized about an Independence Day style scenario occasionally, so this suggestion definitely hits a sweet spot for me!

Alien fighters must have fully modeled energy shields that visibly glow upon weapon impact. This was done fantastically already with Freespace 2 in 1999.

Uploading a virus to shut down the shields may not fit all scenarios well, so there could be alternatives:

-two missiles fired in quick succession could be made to be able to penetrate the shield defence. So could a long enough burst of cannon.

-perhaps a support ship/structure of some kind provides the aliens power to their shields - knocking this out would level the playing field.

Anyway fantastic idea that could only happen by unofficial modding, since DCS tries to be 100% sim.

• 1 month later...
...imagine how to accelerate to lightspeed for example, you'd either take 2 million years or you accelerate to fast for humans to survive. :D That being just one small reason.

Not true: at 1g of constant acceleration (9.8 meters per second per second), it would take just under a year to accelerate to the speed of light.

9.8 m/s/s * 60 seconds= 588 m/s in a minute

588*60= 35,280 m/s in an hour

35,288*24= 846,720 m/s in a day

846,720*365= 309,052,800 m/s after a year

The speed of light is 299,792,458 meters per second.

Sounds like a pretty reasonable timeframe, at a quite comfortable g-load to me!

remember the scene from stargate continuum, when the f-15s were racing to the second stargate in russia, when they were intercepted by like 20 deathgliders, then like 12 MiG-29s came in and blew up the deathgliders.

I really want to try and do that in DCS.

DCS: F-4E really needs to be a thing!!!!!!

Aircraft: A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, MiG-21, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, TF-51

Revan, it's a cool scene but I think this could be done a lot better in DCS.

The Migs getting head-on kills with cannons was a bit unrealistic and the F-15 pilots seemed a bit casual about navigation and fuel.

You can imagine how much better it would be for it to be done in DCS.

Yeah...I think they call that Halo........I played halo before they got uber stingy and made if for the Xbox and not PC any more. I loved Halo!

Halo and DCS.........not so much. DCS is perfectly fine the way it is........

DCS: Masterchief?????? :megalol:

We also could create incidents like these (for those after realism)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_alleged_aircraft%E2%80%93UFO_incidents_and_near_misses

This would be the ultimate DCS module.

dis

Speed? We have all the speed you want. 2 OTEC thermonuclear turbines capable of propelling the craft at speed over Mach 2. Indefinitely!

Protection? Who needs flares for antimissile work, when we have a goddamn underbelly LASER turret? Never leave home without your own personal CIWS!

Firepower? We have all the firepower! Starting off with a 55mm Gatling-patterned gunpod, up to micromissiles and tactical nukes!

TOOs? This baby will serve you anywhere you want. Over Dubai, the skies of Canada, the caves of a tropical island, ****ing SPACE! Not even the sky's the limit!

Tactical niche? Baby, this thing is a tactical grabbag of opportunity? CAS? We can do CAS from 15,000 feet up to ZERO feet! Intercept? Hell, we can take on goddamn Godzilla if you want! Deep Interdiction? You could launch this thing from Alaska, and hit a target in Timbuktu, going the long way!

After all that, why wait? Sign up for your very own Valkyrie today!