F-86F Sabre Skins - Combined Threads

drPhibes

Tinkered a bit more with the Nm finish and I think I realy WILL leave it alone now...also spent some time today learning how to create custom SPEC .dds layers as I was unhappy with the way it made the ID bands look metallic gold rather than yellow. I think its sorted now.

As I say its all an interesting learning experience. I may have to re-release my first three attempts soon with the fixes applied.

Image1_zpsecf6bd82.jpg

Edited by BoNidle

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tinkered a bit more with the Nm finish and I think I realy WILL leave it alone now...also spent some time today learning how to create custom SPEC .dds layers as I was unhappy with the way it made the ID bands look metallic gold rather than yellow. I think its sorted now.

As I say its all an interesting learning experience. I may have to re-release my first three attempts soon with the fixes applied.

Image1_zpsecf6bd82.jpg

Superb Looking!

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Fantastic Bo :thumbup:

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

I just installed 14 skins to the ..\DCS World\Bazar\Liveries\F-86F folder, but I don't see them in the Mission Editor. What could I have done wrong? Each is in it's own folder.. seems pretty straight forward, but I did something wrong?

EDIT:

Well, this is stupid. Of the 14 skins I downloaded, only one had a Readme.txt. And it said to create a folder called 'F-86F', which is wrong!

You need to create a folder called 'F-86F Sabre' in the Liveries folder. NOT just 'F-86F' Argg.... :wallbash:

It works now.

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I just installed 14 skins to the ..\DCS World\Bazar\Liveries\F-86F folder, but I don't see them in the Mission Editor. What could I have done wrong? Each is in it's own folder.. seems pretty straight forward, but I did something wrong?

EDIT:

Well, this is stupid. Of the 14 skins I downloaded, only one had a Readme.txt. And it said to create a folder called 'F-86F', which is wrong!

You need to create a folder called 'F-86F Sabre' in the Liveries folder. NOT just 'F-86F' Argg.... :wallbash:

It works now.

Ooops! It looks as if I'm the culprit. Its a fair cop.Just checked my readme file and seen the error.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. That's what happens when you stay up to 3am working on on a skin before typing the readme.

Well, at least you had a Readme. After a search I found a post on SimHQ that had the same problem.

Thx for your work!

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I'd really like to see this scheme done if anyone would like to take on the challenge.

84.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_C._McConnell

Well after the build up Basco1 gave me I had to at least try! So heres the result. The intake marking was a pain due to warping and alignment issues so its isn't perfect but I think its pretty close.

Should be up soon in the usual places.......with corrected readme file!:doh:

BBII_zps9f755f0b.jpg

Superb Bo................boy,your on a roll,it won't be long and we'll have the complete 51st Fighter Wing complete ! :thumbup:

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

McConnell's F-86 intake was certainly weather beaten have a look at this pic,not sure what paint they used but it did'nt stay on that long,lol :doh:

F-86F_zps081a0ed3.jpg

Well after the build up Basco1 gave me I had to at least try! So heres the result. The intake marking was a pain due to warping and alignment issues so its isn't perfect but I think its pretty close.

Should be up soon in the usual places.......with corrected readme file!:doh:

BBII_zps9f755f0b.jpg

That's fantastic! Thanks BoNidle.

Looking forward to taking it for a spin tonight.

I am still having problems getting the game to recognise any skin for the fuel tanks and pylons other than the defaults, I thought I had cracked it a while back after help from Nate where he said put a default skin file into the Liveries, which I did, but have just noticed it still exists in part, this is what happens.

Load up four aircraft, if the first one you select of the four has say the default skins for the tanks etc, they all do, regardless of what you put in the description lua file for the other three.

Load up four aircraft and select the first one with say a an RAF Blue underside skin setup, those tank skins will now show up as the blue colour and so will any others that are not the defaults, and any that are the default will show up as that.

So if you want to fly a formation with anything other than the default skins setup you have to select the first aircraft as the one with the non default tanks setup.

Very peculiar, anyone else noticed this.

Disregard: I have found the solution, just add a complete set of pylons and tanks to the .lua for every skin you create, including the ones where you use the default skins, and make sure you add the texture files into the folder for that aircraft otherwise the "missing skin" texture will show up instead.

It was so obvious really I feel quite ashamed of myself, so ashamed I took myself out into the garden and beat myself silly with a soggy copy of Microsoft's "Gaming for Idiots". However, having solved the problem (I think) I am now so happy I might just break out the Jamiesons and wet the baby's head, several times !!!

Edited by crazyeddie

with regards to my last release: "Beauteous Butch II" , I have since discovered that the name "Betty" should be painted on the starboard gun access panel. I will be updating this and my other releases. It may also have the blue intake marking enlarged slightly, it depends how brave I feel.

"Mig Mad Marine", "The Huff" and "Jabara's Sabre" will all be released with my latest Natural metal finish as well as a custom Spec .dds for each.

"The Huff" will also get red nose gear forward covers added, which is another detail I had missed ( thanks Basco1).

I am also working on drop tank and pylons for each.

If anyone has a particular kite they would like to see then let me know and I will see what I can do........no promises mind.

Hello, I'm pretty new here. I bought the F86 a while ago and have been fiddling with the skins in my spare time.

I'd like to ask the more knowledgeable about etiquette when it comes to using templates. I understand that there are no official ones, just player made ones. Is it ok to use and modify those if we credit the creator or should I wait for an official release?

Also, I can't seem to find how to change the specmaps in DDS. I made a couple of skins for fun in warthunder and there you used two separate files.

Anyway,I'd like to firstly port over the warthunder skins (something easily done by using my old layers and changing them as needed).

These are the skins I'm interested in porting over first. I've pretty much ported them over in DCS but I'd like to sort the aforementioned issues first before I finalize and release them with player-made templates.

cc2f82472fe268cd799d4a0bbd5ae0ee83f25baa.jpg

PNlMPMt.jpg

HErEzWe.jpg

a5f5895f5a767beb95f40bd1b4ea5e2bfff3e9c0.jpg

sUXp066.jpg

Bo,you're allready in the process of creating my two favs,being 'The Huff' and 'MIG MAD MARINE' so I would'nt want to get too greedy :laugh: but would love to see a generic 51st skin to stick in the formation with these two.

Maybe one with a yellow horizontal stripe at the top of the checkered tail and one with a red horizontal stripe at the top of the checkered tail,they would also look the part parked up together when using the Editor to place in missions,just a thought.

I am so looking forward to my two favs being given the final custom spec and that superb metal finish,bring 'em on :thumbup:

dcs%202014-09-07%2002-36-56-69.jpg

Fedt! Download link?

:pilotfly:Wolfpack Production:pilotfly:

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

DCS/FC2/FC3/Arma videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfpackproductionDK

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"

Download link when completed.. Need a few more details, fairly simple though, and rondels needs to be a little bigger and replaced, so tomorrow I think its done. :)

Here is another version of it without the colors on the tail and front, and with lightgrey matte areas, including the belly and some of the wing underneath. Both used on the f-86D version from Aalborg.

EDIT: Image and video updated.

Everything fixed, gonna bugtest a bit today and release tonight.

dcs%202014-09-08%2023-22-53-14.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f383/Phantom726/Billede165_1.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f383/Phantom726/Billede143_1.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f383/Phantom726/Billede106_1-1.jpg

Edited by <Grizzly>

Really nice skins for the Sabre.

Is something known about skins to be done from ED/Belsimtek for the Module?

Only having one and the same skin is Proplematic on MP PvP DF Servers which have Sabre slots on both Coalitions.

I would really like to see some skins of this skin mods here originaly shipped,

cause on 24/7 servers they are more or less useless except Host and Client use the same Skinmod.

Without this every Sabre looks the same and on 24/7 servers SLmod(or similar)Kicks/Bans are the rule caused by Friendly fire kills.

:)

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom