C-101CC Update

Tango

Does the CC have a laser rangefinder?

I have no idea, but probably not. But for employing a 65E you would need a laser designator - but I doubt that this would be installed either. Even the DD variant would probably have none of these - iirc I read that they would have to rely on other parties to lase a target for them.

A-10C could be the lasing aircraft, and CC fire from another direction.

Not sure what the AGM-65 required for carriage. You could definitely target it using the HUD/laser scan function.

Best regards,

Tango.

Or a JTAC paints the target.

There once was a "bug" in the A-10C which allowed to use 65Es with it. It was a feature ED was not allowed to release in the public version and therefore it was eventually completely disabled. But in the meantime someone experimented with it a bit. It did in fact use a MFD, but only to display the 4 digit laser code which you could change with, iirc, boat switch (just scrolling up and down the numbers) and some sort of rough seeker head cross which did change if it picked up a laser reflection. But all was generally needed was to align the aircraft so that the missile seeker was able to see the laser spot. That should be quite possible to do with HUD only.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3762180/Functioning_AGM_65E_Laser_Mave

TBH, I'm Pretty sure if the -CC was capable of carrying a AGM-65 it would have, and not have been a major advertising feature for the -DD Avionics upgrade.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

TBH, I'm Pretty sure if the -CC was capable of carrying a AGM-65 it would have, and not have been a major advertising feature for the -DD Avionics upgrade.

I am not saying that one could tie a MAV under every aircraft - there surely needs to be some sorts of provisions for it. Databus and whatnot. Just that perhaps a video display is not an essential requirement.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

C-101EB is on ED testing phase, so is going fine. Regarding the C-101CC I'm expecting to post some screenshots this week. We are finishing the model and textures, that should be done this week, then we will start to implement the systems.

Hope you find interesting to have this both versions. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

C-101EB is on ED testing phase, so is going fine. Regarding the C-101CC I'm expecting to post some screenshots this week. We are finishing the model and textures, that should be done this week, then we will start to implement the systems.

Hope you find interesting to have this both versions. :D

Hoi there,

When you say ED testing phase, what exactly does that mean? What is being tested, Is this milestone testing or final test before ED approval? Tia for any tidbit you can share with us.

C-101EB is on ED testing phase, so is going fine.

Actually this are great news, as this is the final point before release, I guess, we have to be very near of a release date¡¡¡

I hope your good work with this bird will end with a lot of PC pilots training over the net with the C-101.

I will.

The vesion CC has no capacity to launch missiles Agm65 or SeaEagle.

There was a time when relations with neighbors (here in Chile), were not the best, at that time the Air Force put things under the wings of their planes and take beautiful photos. One thing to be able to hang things under the wings, otherwise is to effectively deliver them.

still in line to buy this module

The vesion CC has no capacity to launch missiles Agm65 or SeaEagle.

There was a time when relations with neighbors (here in Chile), were not the best, at that time the Air Force put things under the wings of their planes and take beautiful photos. One thing to be able to hang things under the wings, otherwise is to effectively deliver them.

still in line to buy this module

That's not entirely accurate, I think. There was a version planned with a "glass cockpit", one or two prototyped existed. It was called DD, but it never entered production.

• 2 weeks later...

First picture (WIP) of the C-101CC cockpit. Spot all the differences with the C-101EB! :P

Both versions will be part of the same product C-101 for DCS World. EB is on ED testing phase, and CC it will join soon. The EB version is intended for training and CC has light attack capabilities.

Pictures were taken from DCS 1.2.10 version.

Soon more news about CC development. :D

Screen_141116_183944.thumb.jpg.654a57e53204cd3d1b5b263825a15c28.jpg

Screen_141116_184627.thumb.jpg.28981e1845cf50e40eab00c908d56f0d.jpg

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Super!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

First picture (WIP) of the C-101CC cockpit. Spot all the differences with the C-101EB! :P

Both versions will be part of the same product C-101 for DCS World. EB is on ED testing phase, and CC it will join soon. The EB version is intended for training and CC has light attack capabilities.

:thumbup:

Already love it!!

Could you tell us please a bit about the HUD/gunsight? I assume, it is "just" a gunsight and not a full HUD - but what are it's capabilities? Does it provide some sort of CCIP capability or do we have to bomb stuff all "by hand"? :o)

any chance to see EB before 2015?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Hi,

@Flagrum: It is pretty basic, nothing like a full HUD. The gunsight is gyro stabilized, with a sight line depression which can be set in automatic or manual. The system has also A-A and A-G modes. Attached the reticle pattern.

@Aginor: The AFM is in development right now. The C-101 will be released with SFM as a first step, and upgrade later to AFM.

@Uboats: Yes, the target is to release it in 2014, we are working in this way.

C101CCRETICLE.thumb.jpg.a2b59bcb909048ab9d8de6e9358005a6.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

NICE:thumbup:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Personally I will wait the EFM (AFM) version, same for Hawk! My intereset is always going first to how it flies and after into internal systems.

Thank you for heads up about this JuanOscar. It helps me budgeting the next two months of gaming hooby. :)

Edited by Abburo

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

I'm also little interested in a SFM trainer. AFM is something useful in a future dual seat trainer where you could teach a cadet the nuances of flight without the need to revisit it and correct bad habits learned in SFM.

I hope at least you will sell only one version as a "beta" and avoid the "SFM" - "SFM Beta - AFM Release" confusing strategy VEAO had.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I'm also little interested in a SFM trainer. AFM is something useful in a future dual seat trainer where you could teach a cadet the nuances of flight without the need to revisit it and correct bad habits learned in SFM.

I hope at least you will sell only one version as a "beta" and avoid the "SFM" - "SFM Beta - AFM Release" confusing strategy VEAO had.

In the same boat. I'm waiting for the AFM.

The CC is the most anticipated DCS airplane module for me at this time.

...Looking forward to the developments! :pilotfly:

I'm a bit confused can some one explain if the CC and EB are going to be two different modules or if it's going to be in a package

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)