C-101CC Update

Tango

I'm a bit confused can some one explain if the CC and EB are going to be two different modules or if it's going to be in a package

The two modules will be sold together. EB is the trainer/aerobatic version, whilst CC is the light attack version. They have different cockpits, so we have to essentially make two modules, though systems commonality is around 90%.

I'm also little interested in a SFM trainer. AFM is something useful in a future dual seat trainer where you could teach a cadet the nuances of flight without the need to revisit it and correct bad habits learned in SFM.

I hope at least you will sell only one version as a "beta" and avoid the "SFM" - "SFM Beta - AFM Release" confusing strategy VEAO had.

The only reason for doing this is because AFM is new to us, and is very complex (there is as much work in AFM development as there is in the whole of the rest of the module). In addition, obtaining aerodynamic data is hard, and consequently it all takes time. By releasing SFM versions first, you get to fly the module earlier, and we get the income to support further development.

Best regards,

Tango.

Edited by Tango

I agree with you Tango, just saying that you should not sell "cheap SFM only" version. Sell directly Beta module with SFM and auto update for AFM/PFM when ready. It will reduce the confusion, especially if you want to sell it on your site store and DCS Store.

I'm thinking that due to your collaboration with VEAO you will have some numbers about the efficiency of this strategy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Hi,

just saying that you should not sell "cheap SFM only" version. Sell directly Beta module with SFM and auto update for AFM/PFM when ready. It will reduce the confusion, especially if you want to sell it on your site store and DCS Store.

My personal opinion agrees with you, but what we actually do is still being discussed. There may be factors beyond our control that affect our decision. We will announce product pricing when we are closer to release. :thumbup:

Yeah, I guess most people want to have AFM anyway, if possible.

The only downside of that tactic would be hundreds of people asking you "where is my AFM?" two days after SFM release.

We will clearly outline approximate timescales when we are closer to release, so people know what to expect. Like you, we can't wait for AFM either. :D

Best regards,

Tango.

Edited by Tango

I'm a bit confused can some one explain if the CC and EB are going to be two different modules or if it's going to be in a package

It was answered.

First picture (WIP) of the C-101CC cockpit. Spot all the differences with the C-101EB! :P

Both versions will be part of the same product C-101 for DCS World. EB is on ED testing phase, and CC it will join soon. The EB version is intended for training and CC has light attack capabilities.

Pictures were taken from DCS 1.2.10 version.

Soon more news about CC development. :D

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

C-101CC Update

(Probably asked already) but do you guys think the c-101 will be a 2014 release? I just started to look into this aircraft and I'm really excited for it! (And I am not usually excited about trainers)

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

Given it is nearly the end of November, it's looking unlikely. There are some issues we are waiting for ED's help to resolve, and we are working like crazy to get the CC version completed, but it still has to go through the test cycle after that.

As soon as we know, you'll know!

Best regards,

Tango.

Edited by Tango

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

Quick update: things are progressing very nicely. We'll have some more news for you imminently.

Best regards,

Tango.

Thanks a lot for the update, I'm looking forward to the C-101 ... this will be the first DCS aircraft that I will try to create a livery for, since I'd love the oportunity to fly an aircraft in chile's colors ... like this sample:

Rudel_20080401_363s.jpg

:D Cheers!

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

:) i hadnt realized that the module would already came with a chilean livery ... Its great, i will be waiting for the moment it becames available for purchase. Best regards.

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Looks nice Tango!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Cool, waiting for it!:pilotfly:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice !!!! Cant waaaaittttt ;)

GIGABYE Z97P-D3 KINGSTON 16GB 1600MHZ INTEL I5-4690K OC 4.3GHZ

SSD SAMSUNG EVO 240 256GB / SSD CRUCIAL MX500 1TB / WESTERN BLACK 2TB

ASUS STRIX 970GTX 4GB SOUNDBLASTER Z-SERIES THUSTMASTER T16000M / TWCS

MODULES:

F-14 / UH-1 / A-10 / F-86 / KA-50 / MIG-21 / MI-8 / NEVADA / COMBINED ARMS

This bird will be suportted to 2 seats fly on MP?

Intel i7 7700K | ASUS MAXIMUN IX Hero | GSkill RBG 3000mhz 32G(4x8G) | MSI Trio 1080ti | 1x M.2 SSD Samsung 960PRO 512G | 1 x WesterDigital 4T | Corsair AX-850W | Monitor Alienware 34" aw3418dw | Oblisidian 800D |CORSAIR H80 | Teclado Logitech G15 |Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite | Trackir 5 + Clip pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Pedal MFG Crosswind