BUG: MiG-21 with G940 FFB Stick

Flagrum

First: Thanks LNS and gratulations for the release of the MiG-21. Outstanding job.

Second: I appologize that I have to spoil the party right away a bit... but I found a bug!

I am using the Logitech G940 FFB HOTAS which works fine with other modules. But as I jumped into the MiG, the stick did not behave correctly:

it makes noises. Not the usual G940 noises, but a constant buzzing or humming noise as if the motors are constantly powered on and off. To be honest, it does not sound too healthy for the device!

Also there are no forces applied except a very tiny "dampening" - probably because of the constant on/off switching? The stick is basically limp.

Please investigate this with some priority - as I said, it is possibly stressing the device quite a bit.

Thanks for bringing it up so quickly :)

I'm stuck with a broken DCS world...

edit: (after the update got it running again with some repairs)

I have the MSFFB 2 and turned off ffb for now.

Thanks Nick, I hope it can be solved.

Edited by Cnuke

I was a bit sad that I would have to unplug MS FFB2 and go back to Logitech Ext. 3d after months, buutt... I think it flies fine on logitech too.

I have seen in control list "Turn on/off force feedback" for MiG, wonder if it's something about that.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I was trying to post about this bug as well (MSFF2 user). Thanks for the quick response!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-3960X @4.3Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair CML16GX3M4A1866C9 4 x 4GB @1866Mhz 9-10-9-27-1T |eVGA GTX Titan Black Hydro Copper SLI | Plextor M5 Pro 512GB SSD | Crucial M4 512GB SSD | Seagate 2TB SSHD | Samsung Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB | Pioneer BDR-205BK 12x Blu-ray Burner | Creative x-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Sound Card | Corsair A1200 1200W PSU

Cooling - Watercool MO-RA3 420 PRO stainless steel radiator with 9x Noiseblocker NB-BlackSilent Pro PK-2 140mm fans

could SimFFB be a temporary workaround? I'll test it myself after work.

No, seems not to help - SimFFB is not taking over the FFB functionality. It seems, as if the stick is stuck somewhere in the FFB initialization (buzzing starts immediately after the mission is loaded, even before I click "fly") and thus SimFFB has no chance to "get inbetween".

Setting the "Trim Force" to 0 in the control settings / FFB Tune doesn't seem to help either - the stick probably never gets to the point where these settings are applied.

No, seems not to help - SimFFB is not taking over the FFB functionality. It seems, as if the stick is stuck somewhere in the FFB initialization (buzzing starts immediately after the mission is loaded, even before I click "fly") and thus SimFFB has no chance to "get inbetween".

Setting the "Trim Force" to 0 in the control settings / FFB Tune doesn't seem to help either - the stick probably never gets to the point where these settings are applied.

You can play disabling ffb ? or is impossible the use of g940 with mig 21 atm ?

I have same effect when I start the mission before pressing Start. After pressing "Start" the vibration disappears.

I didn't flew yet...

(Yup... G940 owner)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Wow, just a while ago I found out its already out! Nice surprise, Leatherneck, I surely didn't expect it one day earlier! :thumbup:

Still waiting for my backer's key to arrive though, but I'm sure it won't take long, and I don't have much time for flying right now anyway, so no big deal.

After so long period of waiting and uncertainty, it feels almost unreal. Huge thanks to everyone involved!

However, good news never last long, do they? Why it always have to be us people with FFB sticks? :mad: Seriously, FFB in DCS products seems to be broken more often than is reasonable. I said it last time and I will say it again: Don't they really do any testing with FFB sticks?

So, after a long period of neglecting my flightsim hobby, finally there is a module that I really want to fly (while waiting for EDGE of course) - and you say I can't fly it properly? :wallbash:

I seriously hope it will get fixed soon. Good luck with that, Leatherneck.

See, that is why ED fixed the typo in the latest update. Flight simmers all over the world adopt Russian English into their every day vocabulary :D ;)

I agree, the situation was getting quite Bazar.

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

Wow, just a while ago I found out its already out! Nice surprise, Leatherneck, I surely didn't expect it one day earlier! :thumbup:

Still waiting for my backer's key to arrive though, but I'm sure it won't take long, and I don't have much time for flying right now anyway, so no big deal.

After so long period of waiting and uncertainty, it feels almost unreal. Huge thanks to everyone involved!

However, good news never last long, do they? Why it always have to be us people with FFB sticks? :mad: Seriously, FFB in DCS products seems to be broken more often than is reasonable. I said it last time and I will say it again: Don't they really do any testing with FFB sticks?

So, after a long period of neglecting my flightsim hobby, finally there is a module that I really want to fly (while waiting for EDGE of course) - and you say I can't fly it properly? :wallbash:

I seriously hope it will get fixed soon. Good luck with that, Leatherneck.

Our Programming Co-Lead, Roland, uses a G940, and LOVES FFB. He made sure its nicely implemented in the MiG-21.

Something, obviously, went terribly wrong in the last few builds. Sorry!

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Our Programming Co-Lead, Roland, uses a G940, and LOVES FFB. He made sure its nicely implemented in the MiG-21.

Thanks for quick reply, Cobra, nice to hear!

Let's hope you will be able to pinpoint and fix it soon, so we all can join the other, happy sim pilots in full MiG-21 glory! :)

I was almost ready to ask if you really didn't test it at all with FFB Stick. :megalol: OK... something went FUBAR with this apparently.

A quick and dirty manual fix maybe? :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least