Multi-crew for one huey implemented or not?

chanrobi

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@hannibal:

That is a cool looking door gun you're building, sir!

Now about the control within DCS being limited to just mouse or head tracking, I think I understand why Belsimtek/ED did it this way initially... If you think about it, how would someone control the gun with an actual joystick, the gun moves in pitch and yaw while a joystick moves in pitch and roll... this would be way clumsier and more unrealistic than mouse or head tracking, IMO...

But now that we have cockpit builders building door guns based on joysticks (or on their potentiometers), having an option to bind door gun movement to joystick axes would make a lot of sense. I do hope Belsimtek / ED includes this, as I suppose it would be very simple to include...

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map

@hannibal:

That is a cool looking door gun you're building, sir!

Now about the control within DCS being limited to just mouse or head tracking, I think I understand why Belsimtek/ED did it this way initially... If you think about it, how would someone control the gun with an actual joystick, the gun moves in pitch and yaw while a joystick moves in pitch and roll...

this is EXACTLY what i need the doorgun control to do.. to be have as it if it were like the roll and pitch of the flight stick.

in the normal sense, a joystick mapped on roll and pitch, the joystick would return to center.

but i need that behavior to happen for the doorgun, because the joystick i will use will have the spring mechanisms removed and that means the joystick would NOT return to center, so that the doorgun will be left where it remains once i release the the joystick.. but if i move the modded joystick to the center, i can have the in game mini gun return to center as well.

I will assume that the curve of the axis assignment pretty much charts out the traversal limits of the doorgun.

if i leave it to behave like the mouse, my plan will never work, because there would be drifting of the in game virtual doorgun compared to the physical joystick, where there would be no real means for a center point between the virtual and the physical button. unless there is a centering button, or you drift the virtual gun back to center. (both not ideal)

if belsimtek ever decides to implement multiseat for the uh-1h and mi-8tv2.. and belsimtek has a means (other than what i described) to allow cockpit builders to set controls allowing us to bind home built doorguns, i wish this!! and will be even more grateful than what they accomplished so far

Edited by hannibal

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

agreed.

i would like multiplayer multiseat slots as it would be for the Gazelle and L39.

well, im hoping that with the release of DCS 2.5, the code structure will be open to great multiplayer multiseat features.

if they cant get multiseat / multiplayer for uh-1h and mi8tv2, i am scared of what will be of the hind and cobra.. im already meh on the mi-24p, i was a support of the mi-24v because it has a non-fixed gun turret.

if they cant get multiseat / multiplayer for uh-1h and mi8tv2, i am scared of what will be of the hind and cobra.. im already meh on the mi-24p, i was a support of the mi-24v because it has a non-fixed gun turret.

Same here. With Carrier Ops, especially the LHA-1 added and SoH coming, we need the Cobra!

Without multi seat this will be hairy at least, and I never understood to make the Mi-24P with basically the same "forward only" gun that we already have as a limitation in the Ka-50... I get the caliber argument, but it doesn't matter for me. I want a gunner seat that can operate a turret so I can attack targets without flying head-on into their AAA or MG fire!

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 2 weeks later...
Look at what I found.......

16aa5c4c7f3e1d95e6a12b576a0ea0de868f475b.jpg

Yup, WIP... ;)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I wouldnt think about it happening anymore.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Multicrew!

mulit crew... multi crew!!!!!

Haha, keep bumping it Hannibal!

My bro is buying a VR comp just so he can multicrew with me - he's not interested in flying, just shooting/navigating. I always assumed that the Huey would have multicrew, he's gonna be gutted when he can't use those lovely mini-guns.

Haha, keep bumping it Hannibal!

My bro is buying a VR comp just so he can multicrew with me - he's not interested in flying, just shooting/navigating. I always assumed that the Huey would have multicrew, he's gonna be gutted when he can't use those lovely mini-guns.

i am trying to do the same, my non sim friends do fly but i want to bring them into the vr experience as gunner or copilots

the mini guns look sooo effin sexy in vr, it is sad that they are stuck to my virtual face because they are not programmed fpr vr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Are we there yet?

The multiple positions feature is currently implemented. You can freely switch between the different positions all you want in game.

Multiplayer cockpits, aka 2+ human players in the same aircraft, is not yet implemented.

I guess it will be awesome. Since it took years to finish it?

Is there any official announcement? The editor stuff is not like a proof to me ;/

kind regards, Nik

p.s.: I hope it will be better then in the gazelle. There is tons of desync/stutter whatever, even if both are in gigabit LAN with 1ms latency.

-TSP- Multigaming Discord Server

9700K @5,2GHz Watercooled | 32Gb RAM @4266 CL16 | 2 GTX 1080 TI Watercooled| HW Raid 10 (4x 960gb SSD) | Warthog HOTAS | Saitek rudder pedals | Track IR5

WW2 Assets, A-10C, AJS Viggen, Bf109, F-5E Tiger II, F/A-18C Hornet, FW190, FC3, Black Shark 2, L-39, P-51D. Gazelle, Spitfire Mk. IX, Su-25T, TF-51D, UH-1H, Christen Eagle 2, Nevada, Normandy

if they would have balls they would say that is not possible and we draw a line.

& the name of the spiritual medium that told you they're not still working on it is ?

'cause you're either posting your opinion as a statement of fact, or listening to people who making stuff up...

Cheers.