DCS 1.2.11 Discussion

Rangi

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update 1.2.11.34087 Load time increase?

Yesterday when I did this small update, I noticed my load time increased substantially. This has been repetative on all attempts.

If I click on the desktop DCS World Icon, it starts to load and hangs at 12% for a long time, them it flushes through, this used to be very quick for me.

If I click on the desktop DCS World Multiplayer Icon, and click connect, it sits idle for about 30 seconds before it loads the server list. This used to take only a couple of seconds before.

Coincidence of a completely separate underlying issue of my PC or has anyone else experienced he same?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

In my case, it was the other way around. I had a 'hang up' @ 12% when I was on the prior version to 34087. After having updated...it loads up super fast (like before). You might want to run DCS_Updater and see if it clears it up.

Windows 10 Pro | i5-8600K | MSI Tomahawk Z370 | 48GB DDR4-3000 A-DATA (LED) | EVGA Superclocked 2 GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | 256GB M.2 NVe A-DATA | 512GB M.2 NVe A-DATA | HP Omen 32" 2560x1440 | Thrustmaster Warthog, CH Pedals Oculus Rift S VR

I just updated to a larger SSD (160 to 240 gigs). Prior to the instillation I would get the 12% hang for about 30 sec. or so, after installing the larger SSD. it stopped and now loads faster. What is different is that the sound now comes on at the 12% mark, before it wouldn't come on until it was completed 100%.

I went from the Intel 300 series SSD to the 500 series, for me it was just a matter of needing more space for the OS. I can't imagine the faster load speed is due to the slight increase in speed of the newer model. The sound loading at 12% sounds more logical as what was slowing the load time. (hypothesis of course). I do remember users gaining load time speed by cleaning up the registry but that was eons ago like around 1.2.6 of the Sim.

Edited by AtaliaA1

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Hmmm,,, All I know is that it happened instantly after the update, I did not install any other software etc and my current SSD is at 133 GB used with 324 GB Free space, so Im no where near 50% on the SSD,, so that cant be it I would think,,, interesting change though,,,

P.S. I ran the updater,, no update installed,,, thanks for the advise though

Edited by Fakum

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Another thing I remember from awhile ago, is giving DCS full access through any Virus software that may be inspecting files as DCS loads. This of course slowing load times as the inspection takes place?

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Just to check my theory, I just reformatted my SSD and reloaded a backup image to 11-11-14 (prior to the last 2 updates) and DCS loads like lightning as it did before. I will be updating DCS shortly and see if that changes as I sorta suspect it will.

Ok,, I just updated and the load delay is gone now it seems,,, I had 2 updates since 11-11-14, perhaps something got scrambled on the 2nd one I did yesterday? All I know now is that a fresh install certainly changed that,, loads fast as usual now,,, thanks for the feedback all

Thats a good point, one of which I did not think to do until after I reformatted and restored an image,,, thankfully, that stuff does not take long to do these days with the SSD's

Just in case you own a Samsung EVO:

Samsung SSD 840 EVO Performance Restoration Software

Samsung is releasing a new firmware and performance restoration software package for the 840 EVO and 840 EVO mSATA.

The firmware update is recommended to users who may have experienced any drop in read performance of the mentioned drives.

Running the software packages provided will first update the firmware(840 EVO : EXT0CB6Q, 840 EVO mSATA : EXT42B6Q), then scan and calibrate all existing data on the drive.

Note that the update time can be more than an hour depending on the amount of data. Please wait for the firmware update to complete before starting any other operations.

http://www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/minisite/SSD/global/html/support/downloads.html

This does "Auto Update" doesn't it?

Would hate to think this would require a manual update, it is just a notch below critical update. IMHO of course. Community News I believe.

Not sure if i understand you correctly.

If you run the

"Samsung SSD 840 EVO Performance Restoration Software"

it will automatically update the firmware of the Samsung EVO and

read/write the data on it. Problem is the decreasing read performance

the older the files on disk are. Here's a link to tech mumbo:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8617/samsung-releases-firmware-update-to-fix-the-ssd-840-evo-read-performance-bug

This update/fix has nothing to do with DCS or Windows updates.

Have ED changed back the russian HUD size to pre 1.2.8 levels after the complaining ? http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=123014&highlight=russian+hud+size

I have tried repair and deleting my config files etc...but I do not get the realistic narrower HUD indication/fonts as we had them in 1.2.8/9.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

I've had issues with sound being gone from DCS before and they were a result of Windows routing audio incorrectly or windows turning down the volume a majority of the time. Other times it was Skype or TS3 blocking applications from using the audio device for some reason.

Thanks for your help. I reinstalled the DX runtime libraries as directed by some other thread, and it worked.

With the awesome sound, I finally started flying with the Su-27 PFM. And I already managed to crash once. :D

EDIT: I just discovered that with DX runtime library reinstalled, I can apply the mods now. All my problems are cured with this one trick. Awesome.

Edited by blackbelter

Hi.

Ive tried fine tuning SU-27's pitching axis, however it remains super sensitive.

The other problem im having: is to apply some considerable forward pressure on the stick jut to keep S&L. Its annoying as hell. (Trimming doesn't help much either)

Does anyone have the same problem? Any advice?

(Im using Logitech G940 HOTAS system)

What i use just hold trim button and let the jet Straight and Level. I think trim is working very well if you hold your trim button instead of taping.

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language