Leatherneck Simulations Monthly Update - Februamarch 2015

Cobra847

01-lexington-gun-gallery-coral-sea-midway.jpg

New carriers?????

Theatres.png

Oerlikon_20mm.jpg

oh please, don't do this too me!! ;) :thumbup: :smilewink:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Cobra for the update as well as all of your team's hard work. You guys are by far my favorite 3rd party developer. I'm really looking forward to Monday! :)

My Specs:

Win 10 Pro 64bit/ i7 6770K 4.5Ghz/32GB DDR4/ GTX 1070 SC/Samsung SSD

Warthog Stick/TWCS Throttle/TrackIR 5

At the moment the background image is of a P-38 Lightning. My guess is a Pacific/Midway Theater considering the Facebook picture of the rising sun flag and a possible A6M. And the Tomcat might as well get a Lybia Theater as it was their first place to down MiGs and become the legends they are now.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I guess that by the time the F-14 will be out the multi seat problem will already be solved in EDGE. Might also be why Belsimtek is creating the Hind.

They need to make an AI RIO anyway, so they don't really need multi-seat multiplayer to release the F-14.

At the moment the background image is of a P-38 Lightning. My guess is a Pacific/Midway Theater considering the Facebook picture of the rising sun flag and a possible A6M. And the Tomcat might as well get a Lybia Theater as it was their first place to down MiGs and become the legends they are now.

My thoughts are for a possible Solomon's or Philippine sea/Leyte Gulf map. We have seen the Corsair Cockpit, the pic on the website that looks like CV-6. Putting those two clues together suggests a post Midway scenario as the Corsair was not used in Midway.

Cobra, I take it one of the new features you will be working on will be the implementation of Torpedoes as viable anti ship weapons?

The Midway scenario would be interesting as well as there were new types being used for the first time in that battle. I would love to have a TBM Avenger or B-26 Marauder. Not really looking forward to the Devastator though... Torpedo 8 anyone?

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Alright, rubbing my crystal ball again... F4U and A6M for 2015. F-14 for 2016. As for the theaters i see lots of water around a small island in the Pacific...

Nah, F-14 is 2015. Otherwise they wouldn't be teasing with it so much.

Here is my crystal ball reading considering the latest hints. I think one of the releases this year will be the F4U with a carrier and a small pacific island map, such as Tarawa. If the 3rd aircraft is a Japanese fighter, then the second small map could be Iwo Jima. Both theaters are supposed to be significantly different from each other: Tarawa would be a tropical atoll, Iwo Jima is a volcanic island.

The Tomcat I assume will come 2016.

What throws me a little off is the mentioned air-ground radar. The F-14D has one, but I would be very surprised if the get this Tomcat variant. Otherwise the 3rd aircraft has to be something more modern than a Japanese WWII fighter.

Whistling Death... Whistling Death... come on Yahtzee!!! :thumbup: :pilotfly:

http://www.aviation-history.com/vought/f4u.html

Here is my crystal ball reading considering the latest hints. I think one of the releases this year will be the F4U with a carrier and a small pacific island map, such as Tarawa. If the 3rd aircraft is a Japanese fighter, then the second small map could be Iwo Jima. Both theaters are supposed to be significantly different from each other: Tarawa would be a tropical atoll, Iwo Jima is a volcanic island.

The Tomcat I assume will come 2016.

What throws me a little off is the mentioned air-ground radar. The F-14D has one, but I would be very surprised if the get this Tomcat variant. Otherwise the 3rd aircraft has to be something more modern than a Japanese WWII fighter.

Same brand as my crystal ball i see. You might have one with a newer and more accurate firmware though. :)

if they make american WWII fighters and an american carrier(s?)

and they're hinting at japanese a/c to counter the US aircraft..

doesn't that mean that (at lease "eventually") there is going to have to be a japanese aircraft carrier??

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

March 2nd! Today is Monday! Cheers!

late Afternoon local time... I would say:thumbup:

Now to dig out my British WW2 carrier blueprints...

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Alright, rubbing my crystal ball again... F4U and A6M for 2015. F-14 for 2016. As for the theaters i see lots of water around a small island in the Pacific...

Don't really expect two prop aircraft to be released. I rather assume it would be two modern birds (one of them being the F-14) and one prop.

I could imagine that the F-14 and the prop are released 2015 and the other bird maybe next year. But I guess, soon enough we will know more! :joystick:

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Wasn't the tomcat also able to use the lantrin pods which had some kind of a ground mapping radar?