Mi-8MTV2 News

This is fantastic news! Can't wait for multi-crew, even if you're doing the Huey first! :)

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

Former F-16 Ground Crew @ RNoAF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like you've done that before :)

He is a real mi8 pilot :)

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Looks like you've done that before :)

And no wonder since the man is a RL Mi-8 pilot with thousands of flight hours under his belt, and thus our main resident SME as it comes to this chopper :)

EDIT: sniped

EDIT2: added "main" because A16 is an Mi-8 crew chief and thus definitely an SME too

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Nice !

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Some fun with sling loading. IMO the sling loading view is a bit unnatural, it needs some tweaking. It would be nice if we could takeout head directly without pressing specific button.

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

IMO the sling loading view is a bit unnatural, it needs some tweaking.

I agree. I believe that if they just turned the view 90 degrees to the left, it would feel more natural - well, as natural as it could, leaning out the window looking straight down! :lol:

With it turned to the left 90 degrees, the cyclic would be in line with the view i.e. forward (up) would be forward with the cyclic. I don't have any appreciation for how difficult that would be for them to do but it would certainly make it more intuitive. :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I agree. I believe that if they just turned the view 90 degrees to the left, it would feel more natural - well, as natural as it could, leaning out the window looking straight down! :lol:

With it turned to the left 90 degrees, the cyclic would be in line with the view i.e. forward (up) would be forward with the cyclic. I don't have any appreciation for how difficult that would be for them to do but it would certainly make it more intuitive. :joystick:

Agreed, turning the camera 90º to port as it leans out the window throws my cyclic control all off.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

sniperwolfpk5,

Impressive precision sling loading!

Congratulations :thumbup:

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

AlexandrT Looks great, how are sling loads looking in the MP environment ?

They have been pretty bad with versions higher than 1.5.6

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

• ED Team
what about Russian crew voices translated to English? The crew commands only work in Russian last I checked.

It was done a long time ago!:) Will be available after the nearest update, which will include ALL the changes for Sling Load from us (for EN voice over from Flight Engineer, you need to choose a helicopter for the US, the cargo for the US)

• Like 1

It was done a long time ago!:) Will be available after the nearest update, which will include ALL the changes for Sling Load from us (for EN voice over from Flight Engineer, you need to choose a helicopter for the US, the cargo for the US)

I love you.

• Like 1

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

US and UK? :)

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

But what about crew reading of kneeboard checklists and wind conditions? Is that done too?

sniperwolfpk5,

Impressive precision sling loading!

Congratulations :thumbup:

Thank you

AlexandrT Looks great, how are sling loads looking in the MP environment ?

They have been pretty bad with versions higher than 1.5.6

Above sling video is recorded in multiplayer server (Big server)

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language