Civil Aviation Wish List

Duckman

I can see your bleached bones in Nevada now ... ;)

Nope no interest at all.. If I want to just tool around and sight see there are several offerings (The HAWK being my favorite) that already fit this bill nicely.. I would rather the focus and work be placed on F-18, F-14, Typhoon, Cobra, Hind etc...

If all the major airframes were to be programmed, then I would say OK to civilian planes, buit at the rate it takes to complete a DCS level module, I will be long DEAD before that happens..

(That was not a dig at the developers at all, just a reality check regarding the amount of work involved and the time it takes to program these things and to do it right..)

Nope no Cessna for me ..

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No turbine, no interest.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I'd love to see a C337 Birddawg in DCS. Has the twin engines, so works well with the TMWH. A C172 is also welcome.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Plenty of combat aircraft in the museums to model before a third branch of DCS (Eagle Dynamics: Civillian) becomes born

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

If it flies, I want it. Would be cool to have some civ planes flying around.

I reckon somebody must do a few bi-planes from world war I. They had this fancy bomb release technology back then, it will be a challenge to for any dev to model those systems, the A-10C has nothing on them old bi-planes when it comes to delivering ordinance.

albatros_c-i_10_kg_bomb_dropping_demo.jpg.4e7fc92f4be679a485759dac48afd969.jpg

I think the bottom line is whether you'd prefer a Cessna to whatever alternative airframe would be the focus of the resources needed to implement it.

The same goes for the idea of detailed cityscapes in NTTR.

Would it be good, maybe, but it wouldn't exactly top my list of must haves. Would I prefer something more suited to the war zone that DCS World is meant to be? Definitely.

Once again.... the original poster pretty much specified that this idea was NOT JUST CIVILIAN ONLY! He was talking about armed scouts as well as low and slow armed ground support. As well as combat JTAC or ATC with the capability of carrying rockets and small bombs as well as marker flares and WP rockets. These planes have been used in the combat zone almost since they were invented so saying they are civilian only and dismissing them because they are not supersonic jets is very shortsighted and limiting for the Sim in general.

Edited by TonyZ

Just to rub some more salt in the open wound of a civilian plane being included within DCS.

Here is a photo I took today at the Koksijde Fly-in of a civilian plane in military colours. I happen to know a pilot who flew one of these during the Vietnam War.

No prizes for guessing who made it, and which model/designation it is! If in doubt look at some of the earlier posts :D

I cannot get the photo to upload, so if any one can tell me what I am doing wrong, I would be grateful.

So here is the link for it. https://www.dropbox.com/s/smm4qbfen6kswxo/P7040019.JPG?dl=0

P7040019.JPG?dl=0Best regards

Sleuth

E:\My Pictures\Digital Camera Photos\2015 07 04\P7040019.JPG

Regards Sleuth

Windows 8.1 with Media Centre

CPU: Intel i7-2600 @3.40Ghz (8CPU)

RAM: 8192MB

DirectX: 11

Graphics NVidia GeForce GTX670 4GB

Display (1920 x 1080)

Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Pack

Saitek Combat Flight Pedals

DCS World with A10c & UH1

FSX, FS9, CFS3, CFS2, LoMAC, Falcon 4 AF

These planes have been used in the combat zone almost since they were invented so saying they are civilian only and dismissing them because they are not supersonic jets is very shortsighted and limiting for the Sim in general.

I don't think people are dismissing the cessna because of not being a jet or not supersonic (now thats shortsighted).

It's just a matter of taste and expectations about the sim.

I would personaly prefer a super-tucano (or similar) over a cessna (anyway, which model are we talking about??).

If we're not talking about a propeller, high wing aircraft, then yes, I would definitely go for an A-37 Dragonfly :D

Edited by PiedDroit

A J-3 for recon would be pretty awsome

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

Just to rub some more salt in the open wound of a civilian plane being included within DCS.

Here is a photo I took today at the Koksijde Fly-in of a civilian plane in military colours. I happen to know a pilot who flew one of these during the Vietnam War.

No prizes for guessing who made it, and which model/designation it is! If in doubt look at some of the earlier posts :D

I cannot get the photo to upload, so if any one can tell me what I am doing wrong, I would be grateful.

So here is the link for it. https://www.dropbox.com/s/smm4qbfen6kswxo/P7040019.JPG?dl=0

P7040019.JPG?dl=0Best regards

Sleuth

E:\My Pictures\Digital Camera Photos\2015 07 04\P7040019.JPG

Nice aircraft, used to see a civi version come in to Wick quite regularly.

On a side note are you going to Sanicole this year?

http://www.sanicole.com/index.php/en/

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

Civil Aviation Wish List

Hi to all and good night. First i would ask to all here if you think if small civil (e.g. Cessna 172 Skyhawk, Piper J-3 Cub) or semi-civil (e.g. Cessna 0-1/L-19 Bird Dog) would have a chance to live and survive (in all ways also on battle field. Because, try to imagine a SA-15 Gauntlet vs O-1: No Way!!! :eek::huh:)in DCS. I explain myself: would you buy a module like that? The 0-1 can carry two HVAR rockets so its quite military :megalol: because modelling a small aircraft is easier that a fighter so.

But if community answers positively i could try something like that. :D

Edited by Sukhoi25

Bye, SU

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, GIGABYTE (AMD) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon / Realtek HD SoundCard, GIGABYTE FX-990GAUD Motherboard, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

Thank you! :p

So i see, there is a quite good approvation, would be a good thing to start a project:D

But did anybody started something like that?

Bye, SU

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, GIGABYTE (AMD) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon / Realtek HD SoundCard, GIGABYTE FX-990GAUD Motherboard, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB