FAQ: VEAO Typhoon for DCS World

Question:

Are you going to add some features to the eurofighter as updates ?

If yes:

what types of additional features ?

If no:

Can you at least tell us what is possible for you guys to add ?

The fact that the eurofighter module is going to be mostly A2A, will give us the chance to get proficient with it and by that time Veao hopefully will unveil a new upgrade to the module or a new module itself with a fair amount of A2G:D lets keep positive, at least there is a eurofighter of some sort coming:thumbup:

As of today there is no planned update to take the Typhoon beyond T1B5. We have had no discussions with the MOD / Consortium about extending our agreed mandate, any discussions would take years before clearance would be agreed and at this point I do not see us entering those discussions.

Sorry guys, just trying to be upfront with you and dispelling speculation where possible

Pman

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update Pman!

Personally I'm over the moon that any EF is coming our way regardless of the TB numbers.

It should give the Eagle a good run for its money and dominating in the A2A role with it is something a lot of us in the 104th are really looking forward too!

Bring it on, nothing comes close! :D

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Mate we're getting a Trance 1 Block 5, what were you expecting?

A TGP of sorts and LGBs?

You can put a TGP to the Typhoon, they did in Libya.

You "could" put a Litening Pod from the A-10C to the Tiffy... They just never did.

But neither did any Typhoon ever dogfight other than in training and mock battles. So we should just get "training mode" for realism? :(

I can understand the disappointment.

My personal hope is, along the development/after release, there is a chance of getting the Litening Pod as simulated on the A-10C...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

It´s a fighter. I won´t care as long as the fighter related stuff checks out. People are way too frustrated that they don´t get more multirole shizzle.

The EF has been a fighter first, and A2G was added in later versions.

Well then, don´t buy anything and sit there with only two modules, A-10 and F/A-18(in years) if nothing pleases you.

I don´t even understand why people want to mudmove so much. Must be A-10 Syndrome. But sway the devs with your wallets, instead of your salt.

Edited by Chrinik

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

It´s a fighter. I won´t care as long as the fighter related stuff checks out. People are way too frustrated that they don´t get more multirole shizzle.

Well then, don´t buy anything and sit there with only two modules, A-10 and F/A-18(in years) if nothing pleases you.

I don´t even understand why people want to mudmove so much. Must be A-10 Syndrome. But sway the devs with your wallets, instead of your salt.

Moving mud is what helps win wars.

One of the main duties (if not the most important one) of a fighter is to protect your mud movers and stop the other sides.

So plenty of people want to take part in one of if not the most important battlefield tasks,

Sure it might not be as glory filled as shooting down other aircraft but its just as or more important in the big picture.

However since the Eurofighter Block in question

(at the time of which they intend to simulate it)

Im not upset if the Veao eurofighter does not get the TGP as it did not have it at that point of time so i respect their choice in the matter and approve.

Edited by mattebubben

Nope. The Jäger 90/TFX design studies were a fighter only.

After the commencing of the "Eurofighter" design and capabilities it was a multirole aircraft, otherwise it wouldn't have been funded.

Germany wasn't planning for air-ground capabilities, but we get a British Typhoon.

The whole production schedule took into account the development of systems and weapons over a longer timeframe, but the plan for the current Eurofighter Typhoon (not the Jäger 90) was a multirole at the end, before the production started. :smartass:

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

You forgot the Viggen :) And let´s hope, the F18 don´t need "years" to get out...I´m still hoping for month. The end of 2016 is near ;)

Nope. The Jäger 90/TFX design studies were a fighter only.

After the commencing of the "Eurofighter" design and capabilities it was a multirole aircraft, otherwise it wouldn't have been funded.

Germany wasn't planning for air-ground capabilities, but we get a British Typhoon.

The whole production schedule took into account the development of systems and weapons over a longer timeframe, but the plan for the current Eurofighter Typhoon (not the Jäger 90) was a multirole at the end, before the production started. :smartass:

And this is the important part! VEAOs Typhoon is from a point of development where those weapons were not developed/integrated.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

And this is the important part! VEAOs Typhoon is from a point of development where those weapons were not developed/integrated.

Yep, and from a "point of development" it never fought any dogfights against MiGs, either... Does this mean you are not allowed to use hot weapons?

The Tranche 1 Bl.5 is capable(!) of dropping guided bombs, it can mount a Targeting pod and use it (was done in Libya).

Now the F-15C from a point of development has no AIM-120B and definitely no AIM-120C as they were developed much later!

So does it mean, we need to scrap the AIM-120s and use the correct AIM-7 Sparrow + AIM-9 load out only?

I totally understand the reason why they dropped the TGP for now. I'm not asking for a realistic modern SniperXT or Litening III pod, as this is definitely impossible to negotiate with the military.

But I would like the idea of a Litening Pod as it is currently simulated in the A-10C as an "option" to load on the Tiffy, so it can fulfill its intended role.

I don't mind if it is an option coming later, as development is a pretty tough beast to handle.

But to cripple one of the most interesting multirole jet to a maneuverable SAM launcher is definitely disappointing.

Shagrat

Yep, and from a "point of development" it never fought any dogfights against MiGs, either... Does this mean you are not allowed to use hot weapons?

The Tranche 1 Bl.5 is capable(!) of dropping guided bombs, it can mount a Targeting pod and use it (was done in Libya).

Now the F-15C from a point of development has no AIM-120B and definitely no AIM-120C as they were developed much later!

So does it mean, we need to scrap the AIM-120s and use the correct AIM-7 Sparrow + AIM-9 load out only?

I totally understand the reason why they dropped the TGP for now. I'm not asking for a realistic modern SniperXT or Litening III pod, as this is definitely impossible to negotiate with the military.

But I would like the idea of a Litening Pod as it is currently simulated in the A-10C as an "option" to load on the Tiffy, so it can fulfill its intended role.

I don't mind if it is an option coming later, as development is a pretty tough beast to handle.

But to cripple one of the most interesting multirole jet to a maneuverable SAM launcher is definitely disappointing.

But the question about the Targeting pod is as follow.

Was it a simple Plug-Play (was it already compatible) or did they have to do modifications to the Aircraft in order to make the Targeting pods with on the Bl.5s.

And if that is the case that they had to do modifications to make it compatible (even if those were field modifications) then they are fully justified in not adding the capability since the timeframe for the Simulated aircraft is pre modification/Pre upgrade.

And i would have had not problem with ED having modeled a 1980s F-15C with no Aim-120s but since ED decided on developing a F-15C as it would have been in the 90s or early 2000s then the Aim-120 is correct.

And using your statement that since the Eurofighter has not been in Air-Air combat why should it be allowed to in this game is silly and is not at all relevant to the conversation if TGP capabilities should be included or not.

Edited by mattebubben

I'll be happy to have the EF as a pure AA fighter. I can play with the TGP and smart bombs in the A-10C module. To me, using an air superiority fighter to carry tons of bombs is like using a thoroughbred horse to pull the plough anyway. I don't understand why the defense ministries always try to get the "eierlegende Wollmilchsau" (a hog that produces wool and lays eggs, in addition to its basic ham and sausage). Who (outside the NL :)) would want to buy a Porsche Carrera with a fixture for pulling a caravan?

Also we should not try to push VEAO to break the agreement they have with the RAF. The company would not survive if they tried.

But with all the creativity we have in the user community, maybe some guys can get together and build a mod that adds the TGP from the A-10C.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

The modeled F-15C is a 1980 model btw. that was the point.

But let's stop here, I made my point clear. Some people agree, others don't.

I can live with that and hope Chris and the team may think about it later.

It would be a great addition and do the Typhoon justice.

Shagrat

And using your statement that since the Eurofighter has not been in Air-Air combat why should it be allowed to in this game is silly and is not at all relevant to the conversation if TGP capabilities should be included or not.

Eh, I didn't say that. I said it shouldn't use the weapons other than in training against aggressors if you want "realism".

Shagrat

Eh, I didn't say that. I said it shouldn't use the weapons other than in training against aggressors if you want "realism".

What's realistic about that? If you fly training against agressors sure, but not against real enemies.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

What you said was

it never fought any dogfights against MiGs, either... Does this mean you are not allowed to use hot weapons?
And i saw that as you saying since it has never fought enemy Migs (or other aircraft) in reality then why should you be able to in the game.

Which i find to be an absurd comparison with not including a TGP that this model of Eurofighter was not able to use for the first part of its service period (the timeframe that will be simulated).

The modeled F-15C is a 1980 model btw. that was the point.

And yes the F-15C is a 1980s model (as in it was built in the 1980s) but they were upgraded and modified to be able to use the Aim-120 in the 90s and the F-15C is still being upgraded to be able to use newer systems and weapons and have capabilities that are not modeled in the game

(like JHMCS and Aim-9X)

And to my knowledge it was a F-15C of that 1990s period that was simulated.

But i agree with your comment to stop this conversation as its not getting anywhere so lets stop it here.

And yes the F-15C is a 1980s model (as in it was built in the 1980s) but they were upgraded and modified to be able to use the Aim-120 in the 90s and the F-15C is still being upgraded to be able to use newer systems and weapons and have capabilities that are not modeled in the game

(like JHMCS and Aim-9X)

Yep, exactly. And that's the same with the Eurofighter Typhoon.

They actually put TGPs on the Typhoon for the Libya campaign... That was the point.

Shagrat

They actually put TGPs on the Typhoon for the Libya campaign... That was the point.

No we didn't, the aircraft were able to equip LINTENING III as part of the upgrades already ongoing.

It's pretty simple really, saying T1 B5 doesn't actually mean much, it's just a production series. What actually matters is what PSC is being modelled, if it's 3.35.0 then it should be EPWII and LDP capable. If it's an earlier PSC then it won't be.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL