PRE-PURCHASE DCS: L-39 ALBATROS Discussion Thread

Not in Moscow. :P

803929ecb9179dd8ac2864079d9224a6.jpg

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not exactly exact, but more exact than just 'September'. :smilewink:

In any case, Sptember is going to be a long month for many of us...

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

From facebook:

Q; whats the exact date for releasing DCS 1.5

A: Mid- to late-September 2015

https://www.facebook.com/eagle.dynamics/posts/10156042605390341

Thanks for the info. I will do my best to put my expectations towards the end of the month then.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I'll be using these last screenshot release as an occasion to ask something that has been on the back of my head for some time. The L39 is looking particularly gorgeous compared to other aircraft in DCS.

Is it due to superior model/texture work or is it mostly thanks to the updated engine (that other modules maybe just don't have the chance to advertise with)? I have to say the L-39 cast quite the shadow on other modules as a result. It really is a beautifully crafted product.

attachment.php?attachmentid=121205&d=1441642858

Edited by Vivoune

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
I'll be using these last screenshot release as an occasion to ask something that has been on the back of my head for some time. The L39 is looking particularly gorgeous compared to other aircraft in DCS.

Is it due to superior model/texture work or is it mostly thanks to the updated engine (that other modules maybe just don't have the chance to advertise with)? I have to say the L-39 cast quite the shadow on other modules as a result. It really is a beautifully crafted product.

Better modelling, better engine, and expert screenshot taking ;)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

The new Black Diamonds Skin is Superb.

I can't wait to fly this little machine. Just have to make sure to update my Open Beta and not my Release Version.

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

Build L-39 simpit ... Czech!

(Well, it's almost done. I hope finishing it coincides with the release.)

JGplanes

JG, nice pit. I'll be in touch soon. :)

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Better modelling, better engine, and expert screenshot taking ;)

It looks insanely good in videos too...so I suspect it is more than just the screenshot. :)

This is a good indicator of the future of DCS modules, the visual fidelity is probably going to keep improving.

I am particularly excited about the Tomcat and Hornet schemes, those TPS grey schemes will really look remarkably realistic with the kind of texture quality that we are seeing on the L-39 (and the MiG-21 for that matter).

-Nick

It looks insanely good in videos too...so I suspect it is more than just the screenshot. :)

This is a good indicator of the future of DCS modules, the visual fidelity is probably going to keep improving.

I am particularly excited about the Tomcat and Hornet schemes, those TPS grey schemes will really look remarkably realistic with the kind of texture quality that we are seeing on the L-39 (and the MiG-21 for that matter).

-Nick

Indeed, I hope that at some point the artists will be given the opportunity to bump up the other already released modules to these latest standards.

Really pleased with the L-39 model and texture.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

English cockpit version?

I swear it must be in there somewhere but I cant find the information about the cockpit - is there an English version? I struggle to get my head around what button to push at the best of times and reading it in another language is beyond my meager capabilities.

Thanks.

I swear it must be in there somewhere but I cant find the information about the cockpit - is there an English version? I struggle to get my head around what button to push at the best of times and reading it in another language is beyond my meager capabilities.

Thanks.

I don't know about any official statement on the matter but if there's only native language available you can be sure in a relatively short time that a mod will come up to give the english cockpit option much like it happened for other aircraft in DCS. ^^

That said, learning a bit of cyrillic is fun and handy nowedays!

Edited by Vivoune

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That said, learning a bit of cyrillic is fun and handy nowedays!

Also don't forget the English language labels. This has been a thing in DCS for as long as I remember, I don't think they are going to start cutting them from modules now.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

If I remember right, Matt stated in one of the streams, that there will be an English cockpit.

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S