Leatherneck Simulations Mini-Update - SEPTEMBER 2015

Cobra847

As a video game sound design student, that's exactly the type of work I'm interested in doing for my career. There are already plenty of DSP units that can calculate things like Doppler effect, occlusion, etc. We also know how to calculate sound travelling through air at different pressures, and we also know how to simulate the effects of noise masking on different sounds, and how to tailor that to a game/sim environment.

It would be awesome to have the opportunity to work on a project like this (under the guide of an experienced sound designer, of course) *coughs in Leatherneck's direction*

Man, it would be awesome if they hired someone like you!!

Honestly? I don't think it should. The transfer functions of air dependent on humidity, temperature, density etc. should all be fairly well understood now, and I don't think it'd be that hard to implement an additional filter dependent on the surrounding sound sources and other parameters.

Excellent. Be sure to let us know when you've finished writing it. :D

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Yeah I thought we were supposed to get an announcement on one of the upcoming aircraft before the end of Sept...

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Yeah I thought we were supposed to get an announcement on one of the upcoming aircraft before the end of Sept...

They have delayed that. Cobra didn't specify a new date. They'll be busy with Fishbed 1.5 beta first, so that'll definitely sap a good week or so. Cobra expressed that both new modules should be announced and released before the end of 2015.

Thank you for so global update, but

Dear All,

Here is a general overview of what is changed and fixed in the MiG-21 for the next patch. Some fixes are not listed.

• Implemented RU Game Localization

Best Regards,

Leatherneck Simulations

Why your RU Localization is still in EN in the control settings menu?

Edited by =BK=Zerg

They have delayed that. Cobra didn't specify a new date. They'll be busy with Fishbed 1.5 beta first, so that'll definitely sap a good week or so. Cobra expressed that both new modules should be announced and released before the end of 2015.

Source for this?

Honestly a couple of screen shots and an announcement wouldn't be that hard to do. Very happy with Leatherneck of course...just the fact that they are tackling the Tomcat is amazing but this announcement is important! Some of us are trying to decide if we want to grab the Mirage 2000. I'm not a Mirage fan at all but I'm dying to get my hands on a multirole fighter. The timing of the Leatherneck announcement has a lot of influence on that call.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Source for this?

Buried in the Aircraft Speculation thread. Maybe around page 130. If you go to Cobra's user profile I think it's around his 1,218th post or something. I'm being ODDLY specific for someone not willing to get you the source, I realize that and apologize :D

Source for this?

Buried in the Aircraft Speculation thread. Maybe around page 130. If you go to Cobra's user profile I think it's around his 1,218th post or something. I'm being ODDLY specific for someone not willing to get you the source, I realize that and apologize :D

Don't worry. I can vouch for you. I remember reading the same thing :)

Not a clue what it can be, but got my wallet ready. complex systems and thick hand book, f-16, or Prowler....?

Whatever, I'll be in the queue

Neither of those fit the hints given by Leatherneck. Haven't you been reading the speculation threads? :)

Any word from the Delaymeister ? I am about to send my list to Santa and just wanted to know if I should leave a blank spot for possible christmas module surprice release.

I plan to spoil Santa with xtra butter on the risengrød and even dark beer. So it better be good ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]