DCS World 1.5 and 2.0 Discussion

NineLine

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F-15C seems to have improved handling and thrust characteristics in 1.5 compared to 1.2.6.

Members of the squad I am part of tested F-15C vs Su-27 in gunzo fights in different regimes (speed, height, loadout). Our subjective impression was that, while in 1.2.6 the Su-27 had the upper hand in a slow speed turning fight/minimum radius at low altitudes, this was very difficult in 1.5.1, where the F-15C seemed to be superior even in the slow speed regime at all tested altitudes, not to speak of high speed/max. turn rate comparisons.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

F-15C seems to have improved handling and thrust characteristics in 1.5 compared to 1.2.6.

From changelog:

F-15C

• Infinite fuel after aerial refueling has been fixed
  • Transonic Roll-off eliminated
  • Wing rock effects implemented
  • Rudders have more authority
  • PTC operation corrected: trimming no longer required in transition from SL to 40000', 'wind up' effects corrected much faster, correct operation on-ground.
  • High altitude, medium and high AoA behavior is corrected (related to TRO above)
  • Slow speed, high AoA behavior is corrected
  • Throttle movement range compression is mostly corrected (full movement range is useable, FTIT/RPM barely changes as altitude increases)
  • Two wing tanks now have less drag than the belly tank
  • Selectable bingo bug is implemented
  • Afterburner stages lighting off are now subtly audible
  • Conditions of oscillatory and flat spin are corrected
  • Added strobe lights

• Like 1

I'm sure I was imagining things, but have any of you F-15C guys noticed any differences with the flight model in 1.5.1?

Sorry for the confusion: I'm asking about the Eagle FM from 1.5 to 1.5.1

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

From changelog:

F-15C

(...)

• Conditions of oscillatory and flat spin are corrected

(...)

I wish they had corrected the same on the Su-27. It's still too easy to stall (and enter a nearly irrecoverable flatspin of death) in the '27, especially at higher altitudes.

Edited by Vectury

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-- i7 4790K

-- Club 3D R9 290X Royal Ace SOC

-- Asus Maximus VII Ranger

-- G.Skill Trident X 16GB DDR3-2400 CL10

-- Gelid Tranquillo rev.2

-- Corsair RM850

-- Corsair 760T White

-- Windows 10

One thing I can say, is that the chat needs to be looked at again.

It's just a clusterspam of useless messages, and no one ever looks anymore when a new chat message is sent.

Really, no response at all.

If there's response, it's usually over flooded with crap anyways giving you no time to read it.

One thing I can say, is that the chat needs to be looked at again.

It's just a clusterspam of useless messages, and no one ever looks anymore when a new chat message is sent.

Really, no response at all.

If there's response, it's usually over flooded with crap anyways giving you no time to read it.

Would be good if it was possible to place message window on top of the screen and make it wider.

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

Great update ED, most of the big issues I had before are fixed.

Rock steady 60 fps now, smooth flight, annoying tree shadow bug gone, love the back seat permission for the L-39C....great idea, stutters with the MiG-21 gone and seems stable on multiplayer so far.

All in all a great update, cheers guy's :thumbup:

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I can fully agree, great patch so far.

A few known bugs still persist but from the performance side this is the best you brought us since the first 1.5 upgrade. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can fully agree, great patch so far.

A few known bugs still persist but from the performance side this is the best you brought us since the first 1.5 upgrade. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Agreed. Fantastic patch. I love the new sounds as well. Especially the sound of the airflow over the plane as you make a high G turn in the A10. So cool sounding!!!

Core i7 7700K @ 4.5

GTX 1080ti OC 11gb DDR 5

16 GB pc 3200 DDR with XMP

Crucial 500GB SSD

Crucial 1TB SSD

Asus 31.5" @ 1920x1080

Track IR

Thurstmaster pedals

Thurstmaster HOTAS Warthog

Great update ! Thanks to ED's hard work, it's shaping up really well.

The new sounds (the F-15C in-cockpit afterburner subtle sound is great!), the reworked options items, the almost-complete 3D encyclopedia (many entries were missing at initial 1.5 release), all the improvements are heading to the 2.0 milestone.

I can only think the Nevada experience is going to be exhilarating!

Congratulations!

(no issues upgrading here, except for the (infinite) cleaning-up… bug)

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///