277 members have voted

1. 1. Next Russian fixed wing wish list

• Su-22
    • Su-23
    • Su24
    • Su25KM
    • Mig-25
    • Su-27S

maybe when putin is not in power, or should FSB end up having sim enthusists in their ranks, this isnt going to happen anytime soon

I think we'd be fine with 70s may be early 80s aircraft, and am eagerly awaiting someone to announce some. Post '90 though, yeah unfortunately I don't expect them to happen either.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

MIG-23MLD from that list. Would also consider the most modern version of the Su-17/22 series.

Of course I'd much rather have an Su-27SM, MIG-29SMT, Su-35, MIG-29K/35 at the FC3 level. :D

Just a few years ago, I remember reading on another forum that a dev team suggested the information on the Mig-23MLD was still classified or otherwise unavailable. That team was then considering making a Mig-23MF. So, I don't know if it is even possible to make a DCS Mig-23MLD, today.

I wonder if information is available for the Mig-23BN? It is used in the Syrian Civil War. Since we have the L39ZA & the Mig-21Bis, both operated by the Syrian Arab Air Force, it might be a good idea to make a Mig-23BN and a Syrian Civil War map, too. :thumbup: MJ

I haven't heard of anyone having issues with the MiG-23MLD. It was long ago retired from Russian service as well as from most of Russia's core allies. It does share an RWR with the MiG-29A and Su-27S though, as well as many other late Soviet designs. That part likely still is a secret but that isn't too much of a problem for us. It's already faked for the FC3 aircraft and all the DCS level aircraft are using best guess RWR's as well. I just don't see it being a problem. In fact, I don't think any aircraft in the poll is unreasonable. The Su-27S might need to be an SK instead (export model), but I don't think any of them have insurmountable problems. Incidentally, the MiG-29A should be on it too.

I haven't heard of anyone having issues with the MiG-23MLD. It was long ago retired from Russian service as well as from most of Russia's core allies...

Cool. If a team wants to make a Mig-23MLD, that would be sweet. I suggested the Mig-23BN, because of its use in the Syrian Civil War, but the Mig-23MLD would be a great add-on, also.

Out of the choices above, I am not sure which one I want to pick. I like all of them. I guess it comes down to whether one wants a fighter, an Interceptor, Fighter Bomber, or close air support type plane, to be next.

I could see the appeal of the Mig-23MLD, a Mig-25, and a Su-27s. A fighter or interceptor would be a lot of fun. Then again, a Fighter Bomber or Close air Support plane would be very interesting and enjoyable, too. The Su-22, Su-24, and Su-25, would be a whole lot of fun to sim fly.

:thumbup: MJ

Edited by mjmorrow

Hmm probably the MiG-23 or Su-24 But for the MiG-23 I'd love to see some major variants for it, (MiG-23S, MiG-23M, MiG-23UB, MiG-23Bis, MiG-23MLD, MiG-27) just like what Thirdwire did with SF2 (But obviously all the Russian aircraft are AI).

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

A Su-27SM would be awesome, but a team may not be able to accurately model systems for the Su-27SM. They could probably get a lot more info on the Su-27S. If a team makes the Su-27S, they ought to consider matching it with a 2nd Congo War map. That was was a really significant Global conflict, involving many parties and the Su-27S saw combat in that war. I'm not sure if the Su-27S saw combat outside of Africa. Maybe it did, not sure. :thumbup: MJ

MiG-23MF for me! It had many operators throughout the world, more than any other version perhaps?

This! Would be the nicest addition to LN's MiG-21. Also, I would LOVE to see the MiG-29 as a fully simulated DCS model.

Mancher zum Meister sich erklärt, dem nie das Handwerk ward gelehrt!

Also, I would LOVE to see the MiG-29 as a fully simulated DCS model.

I could die a happy man if they'd give us a MiG-29 as a full-blown DCS World module on par with the A-10C. I think the aircraft was groundbreaking enough, widely flown enough, and interesting enough to warrant it.

I wouldn't mind a Tu-95 either, since I got to see quite a few of them in real life back when I was young.

An Su-24 would be nice too, in light of the news these days.

But really, I'd be happy for any Russian aircraft they'd care to give us. I always used to think, "Man, they've got some beautiful aircraft, but I'll never get near them unless relations improve."

Well, now I've got DCS World! Bring on all those beautiful Russian aircraft!

:thumbup:

• 8 months later...
no mig 19? that would be my first choice, out of the list though su24 takes the cake. any rumors of a professional mig 19 module in the mix for the future? (not to be too off topic in my mig19 questions, just curious.)

Yes, there is a strong possibility of a MiG-19 in foreseeable future from Razbam, although it isn't %100 concrete yet.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

It's already in DCS, lol. It even received a new cockpit with 1.5. Of course it's not a real DCS module (yet), but that's not what this topic is about.

Unless you meant another specific MiG-29 version.

A 29 with an accurate PFM would be great! The new cockpit and external model are really nice, but without a PFM, who cares? I don't fly the MiG-29 because of that, and I'd really like to fly it again.

It's 2017 now and SFM doesn't cut it anymore :)

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

None of this aircrafts are "Russian", all except Su-25KM Mimino (it is Georgian plane) are Soviet!!! The Soviet Union consisted of 15 different counries! Ignoramuses... always the same...

• Like 2

Windows 10/ I5-4690K/ Asus Z97-A/ Asus GTX 970/ 16 Gb DDR3 1600MHz/ 1920*1080 / TrackIR 5/ Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog/ Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

None of this aircrafts are "Russian", all except Su-25KM Mimino (it is Georgian plane) are Soviet!!! The Soviet Union consisted of 15 different counries! Ignoramuses... always the same...

Pretty sure Sukhoi still designs and manufactures aircraft, amigo. I've been to their main office in Moscow myself, and we all know where their factories are located.

[sIGPIC]sigpic65507_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

The only Russian aircraft i would love to see fully modeled are the WWII Mig-3,Mig-25 Foxbat and EDs FC3 Su-25A Frogfoot with clickable pit.However,i would love to see more AI Russian aircraft to destroy like the Su-15 Flagon,Yak-17 Feather,Tu-128 Fiddler,Su-9/11 Fishpot,M-4 Bison and other Soviet aircraft & helos not modeled in this sim yet.

You seem to be focusing on jets; but considering that DCS is a fantastic prop-plane sim as well and now has four excellent late-war prop fighters...

My vote is for the Yak-3 :)

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!