DCS Now A Slide Show

• ED Team

You guys running overclocked stuff... have you tried removing any overclock settings and tried? Just reaching here now... I dont overclock anything currently, so trying to find some differences. I know if you overclock something and miss a setting, or push your system too hard you can have issues.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Running in Fullscreen ?

Any other ( sound, HBA, USB30, etc.. )PCEe cards in your board that suck on the IRQs ???

Too many onboard devices activated that suck IRQs ?

IRQ's don't inhibit system performance like you're stating here. There's a good article here on IRQ and system specifications here and here. Lot's of other information available if you dig for it. But you can have IRQ conflicts so that's something to look for in the device manager.

Anything that's flagged should be looked at for possible conflict and you can also go the the device assignment by IRQ and see if anything is being shared. That could be a problem. Windows is designed to handle a large amount of IRQ's and you can see that in the list. But I do agree with disabling anything unnecessary. I disabled my Bluetooth device because I never use it. You don't have to go crazy and disable a lot of stuff though. Just look for conflicts.

But again, we weren't having this problem prior to the patch so this is not a hardware problem. It's something related to the file changes in the patch.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You guys running overclocked stuff... have you tried removing any overclock settings and tried? Just reaching here now... I dont overclock anything currently, so trying to find some differences. I know if you overclock something and miss a setting, or push your system too hard you can have issues.

Nope, no overclocking here. I uninstalled everything and I'm doing a de-fragment now. After I do a fresh installation I'll post the results.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can confirm the tree rendering bug and the stutters.

It happened to me only once, and then after something like 10 to 15 seconds went back to normal. I was doing the first mission of Fortress Mozdok campaign in the Su-27, just leaving the parking area towards runway 8. FPS was like 0.5.

System: GTX 970, Core i5 4670, 8GB RAM (with the current leaks, I can fly one mission tops, if I'm quick)

[sIGPIC]hi[/sIGPIC]

I can confirm the tree rendering bug and the stutters.

It happened to me only once, and then after something like 10 to 15 seconds went back to normal. I was doing the first mission of Fortress Mozdok campaign in the Su-27, just leaving the parking area towards runway 8. FPS was like 0.5.

System: GTX 970, Core i5 4670, 8GB RAM (with the current leaks, I can fly one mission tops, if I'm quick)

Maybe the tree/object issue has something to do with the stuttering as well? Might be conjecture but I am a problem solver so I am trying to put 2 and 2 together! Perhaps the bug causing the objects to appear so intensely is the same thing causing the stutters? Cold be an object rendering thing that is causing the stutter?

Either way, definitely stuttering. Well lets hope ED can patch it up soon and fix the tree issue and see if that fixes the stutter issue!

Core i7 7700K @ 4.5

GTX 1080ti OC 11gb DDR 5

16 GB pc 3200 DDR with XMP

Crucial 500GB SSD

Crucial 1TB SSD

Asus 31.5" @ 1920x1080

Track IR

Thurstmaster pedals

Thurstmaster HOTAS Warthog

• ED Team
Maybe the tree/object issue has something to do with the stuttering as well? Might be conjecture but I am a problem solver so I am trying to put 2 and 2 together! Perhaps the bug causing the objects to appear so intensely is the same thing causing the stutters? Cold be an object rendering thing that is causing the stutter?

Either way, definitely stuttering. Well lets hope ED can patch it up soon and fix the tree issue and see if that fixes the stutter issue!

It would effect everyone then, as I said, I dont have an issue with stutter except for the first few seconds after loading into the sim.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

OK, I did a complete uninstall and then deleted the local files and defragmented the drive. Then, I downloaded the entire package from the ED website and did a clean install. I went in and checked to make sure that there wasn't anything different about the settings in the options.

It still stutters, not as bad as I noticed a minor improvement, but still it stutters, especially around large groups of objects like airports and cities. So low level flight is still pretty choppy but it's not bad at 10,000 feet.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did you try assigning your TEMP and TMP folders (both user and system variables) to a RAM drive? I did it ages ago, helped me with DCS stutters. It is also great to delete all the crap various programs leave )))

Edited by impalor

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

It would effect everyone then, as I said, I dont have an issue with stutter except for the first few seconds after loading into the sim.

I've experienced the same issue with stuttering from hotfix 3 and still continuing with the latest update. I reinstalled everything and had the original 1.5 version with absolutely no stuttering at all and everything was butter smooth.

Then I updated my DCS and it started stuttering like crazy again, which is bad enough that I can't stand flying in DCS at the moment until it's fixed.

It's definitely something to do with the update and many others say the same about hotfix 3. (there is a hotfix 3 stuttering thread also covering the same thing)

Did you try assigning your TEMP and TMP folders (both user and system variables) to a RAM drive? I did it ages ago, helped me with DCS stutters. It is also great to delete all the crap various programs leave )))

I did some reading up on this and it looks like this was started as a solution to prevent Windows from writing the page files to SSD drives and burn them out prematurely. I don't think there would be any benefit in my case as I use spin drives. Also, the problem didn't exist prior to the patch so this is a patch related issue. I'm sure that the developers are aware of it by now and will come up with a solution. It is Beta after all and we're all here to test it out and report what we're experiencing so they can make it better in the long run. I did delete all my track and temp files though and defragged again and it seemed to help a little but the problem is still there.

Edited by 75th-VFS-Striker

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I did some reading up on this and it looks like this was started as a solution to prevent Windows from writing the page files to SSD drives and burn them out prematurely. I don't think there would be any benefit in my case as I use spin drives. Also, the problem didn't exist prior to the patch so this is a patch related issue. I'm sure that the developers are aware of it by now and will come up with a solution. It is Beta after all and we're all here to test it out and report what we're experiencing so they can make it better in the long run. I did delete all my track and temp files though and defragged again and it seemed to help a little but the problem is still there.

DCS writes quite a few temp files, god knows why. Worth a try!

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

There's a way around this by putting the page file on a ramdisk and it works great but in 1.5

I've already tested this and it's not helping much with the current stuttering issues, these issues are definitely graphics related and has something to do with the updates since hotfix 3...

Edited by Ocelottr

There's a way around this by putting the page file on a ramdisk and it works great but in 1.5

I've already tested this and it's not helping much with the current stuttering issues, these issues are definitely graphics related and has something to do with the updates since hotfix 3...

Pagefile on ramdisk?? Why not just disable the pagefile - will be the same effect! ))

OK Sithspawn. I think it's running OK now. But I had to completely uninstall it and download the most recent version from the website. I cleaned out all track files and temp files and defragged. Then I installed the latest version but it still had to be updated from the updater. I defragged each time after each step. I think it stuttered a tiny bit in the beginning of a mission but it looked like it was mostly smooth. I'll let you know if it happens again.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FYI, I don't think this is completely isolated to a few machines. I'm having the exact same image stutter problems and I'm running pretty much the same system as 75th-VFS-Striker with absolutely no mods. The only difference is that I have an Nvidia GTX 970 video card and 32 GB's of Memory. I actually noticed this on the update before last but it has become significantly worse with the last update. Prior to that 1.5 ran as smooth as glass.

FYI, I don't think this is completely isolated to a few machines. I'm having the exact same image stutter problems and I'm running pretty much the same system as 75th-VFS-Striker with absolutely no mods. The only difference is that I have an Nvidia GTX 970 video card and 32 GB's of Memory. I actually noticed this on the update before last but it has become significantly worse with the last update. Prior to that 1.5 ran as smooth as glass.

^ Indeed.

Look for input lag and FPS drop, with your system you should easily be able to run for example the A-10 with TGP and MAV FLIR screens at 1024 and still get mostly 60fps @ 1080p

OK Sithspawn. I think it's running OK now. But I had to completely uninstall it and download the most recent version from the website. I cleaned out all track files and temp files and defragged. Then I installed the latest version but it still had to be updated from the updater. I defragged each time after each step. I think it stuttered a tiny bit in the beginning of a mission but it looked like it was mostly smooth. I'll let you know if it happens again.

I don't know your GPU, but try pulling on the stick rapidly ingame back and forth and see if it responds with a ~0.2 second input lag, I suspect your performance issues still exist. At least I have a lot of input lag which is hard to make out first, but ruins the experience of flying, especially with TrackIR which feels like moving your head through jelly.

Edited by Ocelottr

It seems that texture caching routine has been significantly changed since last couple of updates. It's stutter time from the beginning of the mission, then after all the texture decompress/load it's smooth again. It is especially noticeable with Track IR panning and / or zooming.

After few minutes into mission, frame rates stabilize. And something I've noticed - it stays that way (smooth) even when I exit and restart DCS (texture caching?) - it only start to stutter once I restart Windows. My 1.5 is not on SSD like 1.2, but on WD Black 7200RPM 2TB drive.

Edited by danilop

Tried that as well. No difference.

Also, the game will be unstable if there is no page file.

Partly wrong, mine runs fine @144fps 1440p smooth w/o any swapfile.

If you use Samsung SSD's + Magician then it will disable Swapfile for most presets Samsung Magician offers.

Mind you, Windose can establish a SF anytime it wants to, regardless of user settings.

With S.Mag. it seems to be more funded and SF seems off, maybe samsung has deeper insight

on how to enable/disable SF.

been in the 109 n Dora last 2 days, almost never below 120-140fps and smooth.

so strange....

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I've never had Windows create a swapfile if I disable it. Whilst DCS might not need one, depending on how much RAM you have, other games and programs will have issues even if there's sufficient RAM and it would be a pain to keep enabling/disabling it (especially it requires a reboot) so putting it on an SSD is the best option, so that it's available when needed without running on a relatively slow HDD. With 16GB RAM I run a fixed 8GB swapfile and haven't had any problems.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

I've never had Windows create a swapfile if I disable it. Whilst DCS might not need one, depending on how much RAM you have, other games and programs will have issues even if there's sufficient RAM and it would be a pain to keep enabling/disabling it (especially it requires a reboot) so putting it on an SSD is the best option, so that it's available when needed without running on a relatively slow HDD. With 16GB RAM I run a fixed 8GB swapfile and haven't had any problems.

Having the page file on an SSD is actually the reason why people are having stuttering in the first place, so it should be on a regular hard disk or a RAMDISK because SSD trimming is apparently doing it.

Also, the issues right now have nothing to do with the page file seemingly, me and a few others have tested without page file / it on RAMDISK or HDD and it's no use.

Again, the issues started with the latest hotfixes.